Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Omkar Kriya
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

garlic

USA
14 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2010 :  1:42:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit garlic's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I read about Omkar Kriya from Kriyayogainfo.net
I just have few questions, I don't get how to do the Omkar Kriya properly. Can anyone please put some light on that.

Also on some websites I see that Thokar Kriya is second kriya and also on other I see that its the third kriya.

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2010 :  1:50:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2010 :  9:17:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by garlic

I read about Omkar Kriya from Kriyayogainfo.net
I just have few questions, I don't get how to do the Omkar Kriya properly. Can anyone please put some light on that.

Also on some websites I see that Thokar Kriya is second kriya and also on other I see that its the third kriya.

Hi Garlic,

You may not get much in the way of answers here, because this isn't a Kriya Yoga forum; AYP is its own system, which has some similarities to Kriya Yoga, but contains quite a few key refinements and enhancements, as well (in my opinion, and my experience; I'm a Kriyaban who effectively switched to AYP when I discovered AYP).

Both Omkar Kriya and Thokar are fairly advanced techniques, which only really yield their benefits if implemented after some time (several months, at least, in consistent daily practice).

If you haven't been practicing kriyas consistently for at least that time period, one of two results are likely:

*You'll get some sort of uncomfortable energy overload.
*Nothing will happen.

In this respect, yogic techniques (whether as part of Kriya Yoga, part of AYP, or part of any system) are much like physical exercise:

There may be some weight training techniques, or running techniques that work well for experienced people, but the techniques either won't have effect, or will yield unpleasant or counterproductive results for the less-experienced.

I'm basing my presumption that you may not have the needed (in my opinion) experience solely on your previous posts; if you *do* have anything close to the requisite time-in-practice, I'll try to help if I can.

However, if you don't, I would strongly suggest to get a few months in practice, first.

The main reason for this is: without spending that time, you won't have enough conscious awareness of your own internal energetic system to really be able to do those practices, or to feel their nuances.

Any results you might hope to get from those advanced techniques can probably be realized (here at AYP, quite a few of us tend to get results far GREATER than we've been led to believe are reasonable), with the recommended time-in-practice (the author at KriyaYogaInfo.Net gives the same suggested timetables I'm giving, by the way).

Having said all that, though ... you may just want to ask him (the guy who runs that site; I think his name is Ennio) ... most people who run yoga sites are at least somewhat accessible, and are usually happy to help, if they can. Since Kriya is his focus, he may be able to advise you better than I can. And, for what it's worth, his site has the best Kriya-specific info I've seen on the web; it's very good.

If you are just starting out, you may want to consider AYP (and you don't have to pick only one or the other, by the way).

It's a bit simpler/more straightforward than Kriya Yoga, every bit as powerful if not more so, all the lessons are available online (here, on this site) for free, and there's a whole community of experienced practitioners who can, and will be happy to, help you as you progress.

I hope that's helpful.

Wholeheartedly,

Kirtanman

Go to Top of Page

michaelangelo7

USA
89 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2010 :  9:50:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit michaelangelo7's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
OMkar kriya can not be learned, it is something you mature into. When there is enough inner silence and the mind is quiet, you will hear a bell sound like a ringing in the head, coming from the right side, follow that bell and it will turn into various other sounds like drums flutes etc... I practice this technique only for many hours a day for many years now.

OMkar kriya is identical to Sant Mat and Radhaswami teachings. THey will say calm the mind and collect the focus at the 3rd eye/forehead known as kutash chaitanya or cave of brahma or shiva netra in the kriya tradition. For some people light will appear at the 3rd eye center instead of the sounds.

AYP practices mantra meditation, pranayam spinal breathing, OMkar Kriya is different, there is no mantra or breathing or focusing on the spine, all activity occurs at the 3rd eye/forehead where the light and sound appear. there are some kriya practices that do spine and breathing etc... but OMkar kriya is situated in the head.

Edited by - michaelangelo7 on Mar 15 2010 10:20:24 PM
Go to Top of Page

KriyabanSeeking

USA
24 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2010 :  12:30:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Garlic,

As stated in earlier posts, Omkar Kriya is great, but it is something that you need to work into so you don't lose your 'grounding'. If you are not fully ready for it, Omkar Kriya can really leave you spaced out; if you are ready for it, you will know.

Blessings!
Go to Top of Page

Kriyaban

USA
28 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2010 :  12:13:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Edited by - Kriyaban on Aug 04 2010 09:45:38 AM
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2010 :  07:26:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Kriyaban

Some dont like that fact and 99% of the Kriya "masters" out there are FALSE

Yes and you are the only one who's right, your God is better than ours.

give us a break bro are you even reading what you're writing.

IMHO all the roads lead to God what's most important is spiritual desire.

whatever form of practice i did in my life i had results from, including those practices whom you say are false.

i respect your opinion but IMHO it's very narrow.

Best regards,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Kriyaban

USA
28 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2010 :  09:52:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Edited by - Kriyaban on Aug 04 2010 09:45:58 AM
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2010 :  10:06:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I didn't say they won't achieve their goals, and on the light of the knowledge we have today well i'd stick with my opinion on the narrow mindedness if someone is still like that. and don't worry some of the so called enlightened peops out there are not only narrow minded but...

Your path is one of many out there and it works and it's true for "you" (and i totally respect that) but that doesn't make it a general fact for everyone else and you should respect other paths as well... others have different opinions and you can't force yours on them. cause this is what you are doing here by saying i am wrong you are right; my path is right and the rest is false.

And the mentioning of God was just an example... like my dad is stronger then yours

enlighten up!
Go to Top of Page

Kriyaban

USA
28 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2010 :  10:55:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Edited by - Kriyaban on Aug 04 2010 09:46:32 AM
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2010 :  11:10:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
And i am speaking on the many kriyayoga paths out there included. Some might be true and some might not be as you said, but even if they are not true if one's desire for Truth and approach is sincere then there is no true or false. God\Truth him\itself will intervene in the matter.
Go to Top of Page

Kriyaban

USA
28 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2010 :  2:32:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Edited by - Kriyaban on Aug 04 2010 09:47:00 AM
Go to Top of Page

michaelangelo7

USA
89 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2010 :  5:51:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit michaelangelo7's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
why do u post in this thread when i have already answered the question very specifically... i have never had a guru... i taught myself how to meditate at the kutasht chaitanya/shiva netra/forehead and immediately recieved the fruits of it... the celestial sounds of drums, bells, flutes, whistles, roar of the sea, thunder... that appear in the right side of the head... no guru is necessary... no spinal breathing pranayam of 144 or 1728 or any number of breaths is necessary either... it is very simple really.. focus at kutasht chaitanya... many other lineages teach meditation on the celestial sounds except they dont call it OMkar Kriya.. it goes by many names...

kriyaban you are wrong if you think one needs a guru

Edited by - michaelangelo7 on Aug 03 2010 6:00:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2010 :  8:26:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All,

The true guru is not the outer form of another person, but the place of connection, of wholeness, where apparent guru and apparent disciple are one.

For those at an earlier stage of sadhana, the outer form of a guru may be needed, just as people at earlier stages of devotion, worship the form of a god or goddess, as opposed to the formless essence.

Nothing happens outside of consciousness; there is only consciousness for happening to occur.

Preceding even consciousness is pure being, emanating the pure light of awareness, which reflects as consciousness, mind, personality.

Any true guru has one purpose: to show the disciple that he/she and they are non-different.

The guru is a process, a function, a means, a milestone ... sometimes displaying internally and (apparently) externally, and sometimes internally only (which some people think of as "no guru").

As Ramana Maharshi says:

"God, Guru and Self are the same."

And as Yogani ends every AYP Lesson with:

"The guru is in you."

The power is not in the forms of any system, nor the form of any apparent guru (there is only one guru, per Ramana's quote, above) but in the earnestness of the practitioner.

All systems and teachings can have benefit for one whose willingness is utter -- heck, I even got some significant benefit from the information on Ennio's allegedly-bad kriya site; I actually recommend that site, and have in the past as well, here at the AYP Forum.

Locking-down limited mind around ideas ("Guru is necessary"; "Guru is not necessary"; "Kriya requires this", etc. etc. etc.) is always the problem, never the solution ... because these kinds of ideas are what creates the limited-self who has these ideas; the very limited-self who needs enlightenment.

Nothing anyone else knows or does matters at all.

Nothing you know or do matters too much, either.

Someone can do all the right practices for decades, utilizing the best system, or the greatest guru, and still not awaken if they are overly-attached to ideas.

Someone who is open and willing to notice who the true experiencer is (if something can be experienced, can it be the experiencer that we are?), and who uses all supports and resources as a means to their own true nature -- which is never elsewhere, but simply obscured by the cloud-cover of attachment to thinking -- will become enlightened fairly quickly, regardless of the system used.

I hope this is useful.

Wholeheartedly,

Kirtanman

Go to Top of Page

Kriyaban

USA
28 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2010 :  01:04:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Edited by - Kriyaban on Aug 04 2010 09:42:00 AM
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2010 :  12:02:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It's sad to see that you have edited your posts brother Kriyaban, they might've been a good help for those who are interested.

Love
Ananda
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000