Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Energization Exercises
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

garlic

USA
14 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2010 :  4:55:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit garlic's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Does anyone know the energization exercises that Yogananda teaches in SRF?

It would be really helpful. Thank You :)

Edited by - AYPforum on Mar 09 2010 5:38:21 PM

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2010 :  9:33:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by garlic

Does anyone know the energization exercises that Yogananda teaches in SRF?

It would be really helpful. Thank You :)

Here's a link to the exercises, published by Ananda, a group started by a direct disciple of Yogananda (Swami Kriyananda).

I became a Kriyaban via Ananda, and I'm pretty sure the exercises are the identical ones taught by SRF and Yogananda.

I hope this is helpful.

Wholeheartedly,

Kirtanman

Go to Top of Page

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2010 :  10:49:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kirtanman,

Since you are a Kriyaban yourself, you may be able to answer this query of mine. Ennio Nimis, in his writings on Lahiri Mahasaya's Kriya Yoga, has stressed on the importance of what he calls "Incremental Routines", which, he claims from his own personal experience, fast forwards the K awakening process. Have you tried this out? And, if yes, what has been your experience?

Krish

Go to Top of Page

garlic

USA
14 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2010 :  8:17:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit garlic's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Kirtanman,
I know about that, but as you see there are 39 techniques of energization exercises. I wish to know the rest. I cannot buy those cds and booklets as because I am not 18 years of age. Nor do I have the money for that.
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2010 :  9:35:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by garlic

Kirtanman,
I know about that, but as you see there are 39 techniques of energization exercises. I wish to know the rest. I cannot buy those cds and booklets as because I am not 18 years of age. Nor do I have the money for that.

Hi Garlic,

My apologies; I didn't realize they only showed two or three of them.
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2010 :  10:21:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by krcqimpro1

Hi Kirtanman,

Since you are a Kriyaban yourself, you may be able to answer this query of mine. Ennio Nimis, in his writings on Lahiri Mahasaya's Kriya Yoga, has stressed on the importance of what he calls "Incremental Routines", which, he claims from his own personal experience, fast forwards the K awakening process. Have you tried this out? And, if yes, what has been your experience?

Krish

Hi Krish,

No, I haven't actually.

I only received the first kriya initiation (equivalent to AYP spinal breathing), and worked with it for a couple of years, without any significant results.

It wasn't until discovering AYP, and combining spinal breathing (kriyas), w/mantra-based meditation, that kundalini awakening really kicked in, for me.

The one practice of Ennio's that I did incorporate for a while was using Om Namo Bhagavate during spinal breathing, purely as a means for pacing my breathing, and helping keep my awareness and breath evenly-paced.

It was helpful in that regard, but once breath and awareness became evenly-paced enough, I stopped using it.

I hope this is helpful.

Wholeheartedly,

Kirtanman
Go to Top of Page

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2010 :  10:28:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, Kirtanman.

Garlic, why don't you just write to SRF in CA. You can enrol for a small fee, and they give you the booklet containing all the exercises, free.Your age is not a bar.

Krish
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2010 :  10:38:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Kirtanman

[quote]Originally posted by garlic

Kirtanman,

Hi Garlic,

My apologies; I didn't realize they only showed two or three of the exercises.
Just FYI, I never found them to be that valuable. I used to live near the Ananda Sangha in California, and took a couple of "live" energization exercise classes. I had the booklet of all the exercises, and practiced it daily for a while, and never quite "got" why they (the exercises) were emphasized so much.

My guess is: it's probably much like Tai Chi, or other disciplines that make use of internal energy: if you don't have awareness of internal energy, the given practice won't feel like much, to you.

I do a bit of Tai Chi, and it wasn't until after I became familiar with internal energy via AYP, that I really felt the flowing of energy when practicing Tai Chi.

All "just FYI"; I hope it's helpful.

Wholeheartedly,

Kirtanman

Go to Top of Page

KriyabanSeeking

USA
24 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2010 :  12:34:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Garlic, as krcqimpro1 suggests, you can contact SRF directly and get them.

SELF-REALIZATION FELLOWSHIP

International Headquarters
3880 San Rafael Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90065-3219 USA

Tel: (323) 225-2471
9:00 am — 5:00 pm (Pacific Time)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000