Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 holding attention above the head
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Arim

USA
27 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2009 :  3:00:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello everybody,

Does holding attention above the head like in "twin hearts meditation" of Pranic Healing stimulate the crown chakra?

There is also something in Theta healing where you imagine going up up up but if this can cause premature crown awakening then I don't want to practice it.

Thanks for your time, I enjoy all of your posts but don't have enough knowledge in yoga to contribute much.

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2009 :  3:21:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Arim,

Yes, holding attention above the head will stimulate the crown chakra just as placing the attention on the top of the head will. The crown is a dynamic energy vortex which begins at the top of the head and extends up into the air above the head. It is a fairly complex chakra, as they go, with various aspects involved. Some of these aspects of the crown exist in the space above the head and not in the physical body at all. Visualizing yourself going up and up, however, may not have a direct effect on the crown chakra (I just tried it and it didn't here).

Just to mention, I don't know anything about twin hearts meditation or Theta healing, so I can't comment on those.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2009 :  3:22:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

Jo-self

USA
225 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2009 :  03:58:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jo-self's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Note that in one's awakening there is a natural tendency to innocently 'attend' to the place above the head. Its like one is not in the body but infinitely above (but not in a sensory or feeling way).

I don't know of those practices, but my advice to everything is go slow, a brain is a terrible organ to waste.

-- jo-self
Go to Top of Page

KriyabanSeeking

USA
24 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2010 :  12:48:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Pronams All,

In my experience, concentrating on the Crown Chakra must be accompanied by self-pacing... If you are not 'prepared' for the powerful magnet that is generated at the Crown during this practice, it is very easy to become spacey and disoriented.

A 'safer' practice may be to concentrate on the Medulla Oblongata, or better yet, projecting your awareness from the Medulla to the point between the eyebrows. If you concentrate on the point between the eyebrows, you will, over time, eventually be 'led upward' and you will naturally find yourself focused on the Crown and you will have less of a tendency to get spaced out and ungrounded.

Blessings!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000