Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Taming a wild Horse
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2010 :  12:52:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Yogani - help! My practices are running away with me. For the past two days, my body just takes over and goes into bandhas and mudras, I am not sure I'm ready for. One, I have not have time to read through them and understand them properly - I did grab the little brown book yesterday trying to get understand all that's happening.

Let me re-cap. I started mulabandha a few months ago, added sambhavi two weeks after; removed sambhavi because I was struggling with overload; I couldn't get it right anyway. I added it back on after I'd stabilized somewhat and now it's running smooth, eyes easily going where they should.

Now, as soon as I sit for pranayama, I breath out, go automatically into abdominal lift, mulabandha kicks in, taking sambhavi with it. I start tracing the spinal nerve up and down, then my stomach kind of releases, then grabs, then releases; breathe is stopping, energy is flying, tongue wants to roll back and I know overload trouble when I see it (now! ) so I stop after a few minutes. Are these things supposed to be happening all at once or sequenced in a normal routine? Felt like I was trying to tame my body gone wild last night.

I did a lot of grounding excercise after that (live and learn), so I'm feeling fine today.

Grateful for tips for smoother running whilst I go read up on all this stuff.

Thanks

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2010 :  02:00:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Even though you have asked the question to Yogani ji, I am just relpying because I have been through the same situation: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....D=6345#56970

I agree that sometimes energy does seem to act like a wild horse. Its because you are weak at the moment.

God's the ultimate energy. You can not face it while you are asleep / dreaming. You have to be very very AWARE to face it / to be it. You have to become strong. Physically and mentally. See this image: http://www.balbro.com/shiva.jpg

That's you!

The energy will pave its own path. Surrender, let go and ground.

Also read this link. It would be very helpful: http://www.ibasi.org/articles/artic...25/28777.htm
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2010 :  06:40:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Seysorcier,

This is mahamudra beginning to happen spontaneously. It means the practices are working as they should. If you feel symptoms of overload then just self-pace as necessary.
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2010 :  08:02:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi

Thanks for mentioning 'Mahamudra'. I had never heard this word before. I quickly searched AYP and then the web. Found very good info.

On AYP: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=2472

Lathian and Mahamudra (Very intersting. This is almost my story)
http://www.messagefrommasters.com/P..._latihan.htm
(Seycoricere, please also read last two links on this page.)
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2010 :  10:08:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi SeySorciere:

Ah, the interconnectedness of yoga within us. Can there be any doubt about it?

It is also the beginning (clunky stage) of what we call "whole body mudra" (AYP term):
http://www.aypsite.org/212.html

The good news is that all of this will refine gradually over time and become quite subtle, joyful and natural. It is the evolution of ecstatic radiance and outpouring divine love. In the meantime, self-pace, ground, and know that all is happening for good reason.

Here is a lesson on automatic yogic movements, which may be helpful:
http://www.aypsite.org/183.html
There are more lessons on this under "Automatic Yoga" in the website topic index.

And keep in mind that self-pacing covers bhakti too.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2010 :  12:00:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Christi /Manigma - Mahamudra, tried reading the links, could not make head or tails of it; I'm still Yoga - illiterate. The only terms and style I know are those used in AYP and even here, I am still reading and catching up on the whole. So terms like Harta-Yoga, Kriya-Yoga don't mean much to me, yet!

Thank you Yogani - I take heart. My practice stabilized last night and this morning with a different quality to it; SB (and DM after that) was so smooth and clear and light - I had difficulty following it. It "tasted" like fresh mountain spring water, drank at the source.
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2010 :  02:52:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by SeySorciere

..tried reading the links, could not make head or tails of it; I'm still Yoga - illiterate.

Hi Sey

I am also Yoga illiterate. But just wanted you to read this. And there is no need to make anything out from it.

From the link:
http://www.messagefrommasters.com/P...ahamudra.htm

Your own innermost being is the possibility of your ultimate flowering. It is as if the flower takes possession of the seed and answers. The seed doesn't know, but the flower... as if your possibility takes possession of your actuality and answers; as if your ultimate potentiality takes possession of whatsoever you are, and answers. Or the future takes possession of the past, the unknown takes possession of the known, the formless takes possession of the form -- all metaphors, but I feel you will understand the significance -- as if your old age takes possession of your childhood, and answers.

The same happens in latihan with the whole body. In automatic writing you only leave your hand loose and natural. In latihan you leave your whole body loose and you wait, and you cooperate, and suddenly you feel an urge. The hand is raising by itself, as if somebody is pulling it by some invisible strings -- allow it. And the leg goes moving; you take a turn, you start a small dance; very chaotic, with no rhythm, with no manipulation, but by and by, as you get deeper, it takes its own rhythm. Then it is no longer chaotic, it takes its own order, it becomes a discipline, but not forced by you. This is your highest possibility taking possession of your lowest body and moving it.

Read it and forget it.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2010 :  1:12:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Seysorcier,

quote:
Christi /Manigma - Mahamudra, tried reading the links, could not make head or tails of it; I'm still Yoga - illiterate. The only terms and style I know are those used in AYP and even here, I am still reading and catching up on the whole. So terms like Harta-Yoga, Kriya-Yoga don't mean much to me, yet!

I thought Mahamudra was an AYP term. Anyway, it is the Whole Body Mudra that Yogani refered to.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2010 :  1:32:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All:

In yoga, mahamudra is an advanced traditional posture (asana), popular in kriya yoga, tantric yoga, and elsewhere. It is discussed in the AYP Easy Lessons book, and in more detail in the Asanas, Mudras and Bandhas book, beginning in the "sitting head to knee" posture description.

In Buddhism, mahamudra is an entire system of practices, not related to yoga mahamudra. Same word -- different meanings.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2010 :  08:32:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Manigma - that is beautiful.

Christi - you are right! I came across it later in the asanas where it is listed as a posture but in the linked page, it was more than that. Like Yogani says , it can mean a whole series of practices in other systems(?)

Thanks again
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000