Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 apply samyama on somethin I would like to attract
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ayamer

Brazil
78 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2010 :  12:20:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I read about samyama apply on name of persons to receive health, or apply samyama on prayer, really great approach,

my question is about desire or request, for example if I want to draw something for my life, I can apply samyama on something I would like to attract ?

how I could apply samyama on this desire ?

thanks for all

Edited by - Ayamer on Mar 02 2010 12:24:30 PM

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2010 :  01:14:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi AYAMER:

Well, it seems you are speaking of two different things. One is for something you want specifically, and the other is for divine grace for whatever or whomever. The grace is easy because it is divine flow. It comes naturally with development of the habit of samyama through structured practice. The specific thing is not so easy because it is a personal desire. Nothing wrong with personal desires, but in real samyama they will turn into divine flow, which may bring a different result than the personal desire. That is fine if we can surrender to whatever comes out of samyama. Surrender is the samyama itself. There is no getting around it.

So it is a mistake to be jockying sutras around according to what we want this week or next week, thinking that there is a magic formula that will get us what we want. This constant finagling with the mind will dilute the long term effects of structured samyama practice, no matter how good our intentions. Effective healing samyama, prayer, and stillness in action in all aspects of life are in addition to regular structured practice, not replacements for it. These abilities are effects more than causes. It always gets back to daily structured practice over time to build greater divine flow in all aspects of living. Then it just happens. And whatever happens is what we want, not the other way around.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Ayamer

Brazil
78 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2010 :  08:15:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Yogani

thanks for your reply, yes I understand and agree with you
Take the opportunity to congratulate you for your beautiful work in creating all these lessons, you offer a way Great for anyone who is willing and ready to receive, nd also "open code" is very good, because it opens new horizons

I am practicing daily meditations always two times a day with great results ...

Edited by - Ayamer on Mar 03 2010 08:25:13 AM
Go to Top of Page

Maximus

India
187 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2010 :  1:01:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Maximus's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yogani's Samyama definitely seems like a solid structured system with its own contribution to spiritual development.
However it seems completely different from Patanjali's definition of Samayama which is intense concentration on something, and which can be used to master sensory experiences, for example, how the sense of sight, hearing etc work. I can see that can have its own benefits, may be even help to overcome the fear of death by perhaps proving that the eternal self is not blind, deaf and dumb. I get unexplainable terror of death every day I get older because I'm afraid, even if I get some inner silence from meditation, what use is it really - just scary darkness with no sight & sound, it creates hair-raising terror more than any horror movie can invoke. Just like the King in the chess game which is treated as the most important one, but can only take one step at a time.
I really belive if I know HowStuffWorks then I will feel more confident in the spiritual path and with more fueled Bhakti. And I think Patanjali may have intended helping scared persons like me when he wrote his Samyama sutras.

Edited by - Maximus on Mar 07 2010 1:20:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

wigswest

USA
115 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2010 :  10:29:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Maximus re your fear of death: we are spirits first, bodies second...near death (and after death) experiences are gaining more validity within the scientific and medical communities every year.

For a starter, there are some great books you can find on Amazon about this...

love and light to you, brother :)
Go to Top of Page

Maximus

India
187 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2010 :  05:24:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Maximus's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
who cares about validity from medical or scientific community? If I immerse my head into a bucket of water for a few seconds and think about the fragility of my body, mortal terror seizes me. I can't take comfort in anything I can't know for myself.
I think many NDE stories are made up, they make it appear like death is a plesant experience or something.

Edited by - Maximus on Mar 08 2010 06:56:46 AM
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2010 :  07:33:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Maximus

If I immerse my head into a bucket of water for a few seconds and think about the fragility of my body, mortal terror seizes me.

Don't think.
Go to Top of Page

Maximus

India
187 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2010 :  10:41:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Maximus's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by manigma

quote:

If I immerse my head into a bucket of water for a few seconds and think about the fragility of my body, mortal terror seizes me.

Don't think.

To what end?
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2010 :  12:54:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

Don't think.

To what end?

Until you start laughing.
Go to Top of Page

Rael

USA
173 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2010 :  01:33:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rael's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

Don't think.

To what end?

THINKING IS NOT KNOWING!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000