AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 mantra's leading vs dharana->dhyana
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kaserdar

91 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2010 :  09:27:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone,

This makes me thing if getting into the silence via mantra's leading quality and going through dharana->dhyana states to reach it are the same things. Could you please explain this?

Thank you

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2010 :  11:10:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi kaserdar,

What do you mean by mantra leading?

And what do you mean by dharana/ dhyana? (I'm familiar with the sanskrit, just wondering what you are asking)

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2010 :  05:13:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi kaserdar

quote:
This makes me thing if getting into the silence via mantra's leading quality and going through dharana->dhyana states to reach it are the same things. Could you please explain this?

Yes....
In Deep Meditation there is first concentration on an object....we gently come back to the mantra I AM every time we notice that we are off it. This is dharana.

Then....when taken by the mantra (or led by it, as you call it).....when falling deeply inwards with its resonance....there is dissolving of the object (we "lose" the mantra). This is dhyana.

In the gap that follows (this gap increases with consistent daily meditation sessions and eventually spreads to all of life)....before coming back out with thoughts, emotions, sensations or images...... there is absorbtion in inner silence. This is Samadhi.

Go to Top of Page

kaserdar

91 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2010 :  08:39:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi, sorry for my bad description of the question. Katrine answered what I wanted to ask:)
Thank both of you
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000