Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Spinal breathing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ashwathama

India
17 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2010 :  12:03:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ashwathama's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone.i have been practicing spinal breathing and meditation for about 6 months now.Meditation is not a problem but spinal breathing is turning out to be a bit tricky for me.I find it difficult to visualize the spinal thread or sushumna and let my attention travel up and down my spine.I start off ok but find it difficult to visualize the spinal thread between my lower back and shoulder blades.this is hampering my progress onto mulbandh which is the next stage to be integrated into my daily practice.Please help.

Regards

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2010 :  06:58:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ashwathama,

If you are having problems visualizing the spinal cord in a certain area, this is often caused by a blockage in that area. Simply skip over that part in your spinal breathing practice. The most important thing is to end up at the brow at the end of your in-breath, and to end up at the root chakra at the end of your out-breath. Gradually you will find that you are able to feel the prana moving at every point in the spine.

Being able to visualize the whole of the spinal cord isn't a pre-requisite to beginning mulabandha, so don't let that stop you if you want to go ahead and add that practice on.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Ashwathama

India
17 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2010 :  12:02:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ashwathama's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi christi,

Thankyou very much for your input.I will take your advice and go ahead with mulabandha.thanx again

Best Regards,

Me.
Go to Top of Page

Yogsadhak

USA
17 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2010 :  2:09:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Yogsadhak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have read in Swami Satyananda Saraswati's works that Nadi shodhana in the advanced stages with bandhas,mudras and at very high ratios is sufficient in awakening and raising kundalini even without spinal breathing and deep meditation, In fact Swami Sivananda's book, Kundalini yoga he gives two pranayamas awaken the kundalini: Nadi Shodhana and the other is spinal breathing from muladhar to Sahasrar.

what are your opinions on this Yogani and others?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000