AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 state of the body during DM
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kaserdar

91 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2010 :  07:58:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone,

First of all I know we don't favor any bodily sensation nor push to feel anything other than letting whats happening. But still here is my experience with my body and wanted to ask you about it.

Right after SBP, before i start the repetition, i relax whole my body and totally let go whatever I hold/tense physically. But after a while, when i get closer to mantra and get slowly absorbed with it, my body builds up a kind of energy, tenses the muscles, pull the breath to belly and slows it down. This is what exactly happens when i work, play music or watching a thriller movie in a kind concentrated mode like not having anything else in mind.

So I want to ask you how it is with you. Is your body relaxed with loose muscles like you are having rest or like how i described? The question came up my mind because of considering meditation is a relaxing activity and seems like maybe whats happening to me is opposite to it:)

Thank you

blujett8

USA
47 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2010 :  10:45:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi kaserdar

in my experience, the purification can bring many types of bodily sensations. Sometimes I feel relaxed like I am having a rest. Usually, I am aware of something working its way through my system or of bliss arising. This is where I am with it. Each time I don't know what will be felt. I am more relaxed and alive in my day, though sitting in my practice is not always relaxing in itself !
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2010 :  12:21:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi kaserdar

quote:
Originally posted by kaserdar

So I want to ask you how it is with you. Is your body relaxed with loose muscles like you are having rest or like how i described?

It can be both ways depending on the day/session/purification. Sometimes there will be some tension in the body, especially when the bandhas are happening automatically, and sometimes we can be so relaxed that our chin will be resting on our chests and we will find ourselves slumped over almost in a sleep state. It is best to just surrender and let what happens happen without giving too much thought to the process.

Hope this helps.

Love!
Go to Top of Page

kaserdar

91 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2010 :  04:14:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I understand now. Thank you for your replies.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000