AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Balanced mantra - balanced mind
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2010 :  11:08:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I wanted to share some observations on the mantra enhancements over the last 5 years of AYP in case others encounter similar symptoms.

To cut a long story short, I progressed quite quickly for a variety of "reasons" that seemed to make sense at the time, from the "i am" mantra after the first year of AYP, to the "shree shree i am i am" mantra and finally by about year 1.5 of AYP to the "shree om shree om i am i am namah" where I settled for a while.

I practiced this last last mantra for about 3 and a half years and all was well for the first two or thereabouts. One unexpected correlation to this however was observing that my overall practice times of meditation and pranayama/ mudras etc., diminished substantially over this this same period where previously stability with an hour+ of practices evaporated to having a total sitting time of about 12 minutes. This was the only way I could maintain the principals of self-pacing, any longer had become too much.

During the same period with the "shree om shree om i am i am namah" mantra, I started to notice an increasing sensation of energy remaining in the head. The symptoms were being easily distracted, having trouble "multi-tasking" being increasingly tunneled visioned while doing tasks (I have always been prone to this, but it had become more unbalanced) although overall it was subtle and hard to notice for others, it progressed to the point where people would comment.

I suspected often that it had to do with the mantra and a couple of times I felt the urge to add the extra "namah" however hesitated as my sitting times had already diminished so substantially, I was afraid the trend would continue. I came up with some interim solutions of focusing on the heart center etc. over the last year that did alleviate the symptoms of excess energy in the head to some degree though not in a stable way.

When Yogani introduced the solar enhancement it worked extremely well and I immediately observed an improvement in energy balance, feeling less distracted and stable. Unfortunately over time, the enhancement proved to be too much and I was releasing too quickly with irritation being the primary symptom of over-doing so had to back off.

So I had come to the cross-roads, it was a long night, unable to find a stable routine with either "shree om shree om i am i am namah" or the solar enhancement, I decided the only choice was to go in a new direction so added om the extra "namah" to the above. This was mid December 2009.

The results have been fantastic, I have a stable routine for the first prolonged period in about 2 years. I haven't been able to add time to my sitting practices (though I did try) but they are no longer diminishing. The distracted mind and stuck energy feeling has evaporated and close friends of mine have commented on my improved ability to attend to more than one task at a time.

So needless to say I am a strong proponent of a balanced mantra, in other words mantras with an equal number of repetitions of each sound as described in lesson 369 where Yogani outlines an "Alternative Approach" to mantra enhancements.

Hope someone finds this helpful.

Edited by - Anthem on Feb 24 2010 11:14:28 PM

machart

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2010 :  11:22:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Anthem11

So needless to say I am a strong proponent of a balanced mantra, in other words mantras with an equal number of repetitions of each sound as described in lesson 369 where Yogani outlines an "Alternative Approach" to mantra enhancements.

Hope someone finds this helpful.

Thanks Anthem1!...I'm going to try this.
Go to Top of Page

JDas

USA
74 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2010 :  05:35:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit JDas's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Anthem,

I gotta tell ya that I am totally bewildered by this. I guess you have the knowledge to adjust the vibrations. I don't and I don't think I ever will. I also don't think I have the sensitivity that you clearly have to your own energy. I am amazed at folks whose accounts of their 'presents' during the day/night are so clearly defined. I think I'm a lunkhead yet. Maybe some day I'll have that acuity. Or maybe it'll be another life, lol. But tks for posting. I am totally amazed at how different we all are.

Om Nama Shivayah.

Jon
Go to Top of Page

YogaIsLife

641 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2010 :  06:00:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit YogaIsLife's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
We are all different Jon. I have absolutely no doubt you have it in you. You just have to find your own "door".

All the best.
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2010 :  12:17:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jon,

Sensitivity to things increases over time with sitting practices, asanas etc. and living many years in tune with the body. There is also over-sensitivity where the mind over-amplifies internal observations giving them life and validity where it wouldn't exist otherwise. So like everything, it is all about balance.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000