Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Blank-mindedness, witness, sleepiness
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pheel

China
318 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2010 :  11:33:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pheel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have some of my experience to share and a question to ask.
I started deep meditation because there was a crisis in my life and meditation worked well to smooth it out. Since then I've been meditating. The real change began in the second month when I various feelings start to appear, like warmth flowing and expanding in my body, pulsating in different parts. (This is before I took on pranayama). At that time the strong pulsating sensation in my head was a bit too much and discomforting that I was suspecting if it's a health problem. Then after using corpse pose for resting at least 10 minuets after meditation solved the problem. And I think there is something coming up. Some stillness that seem to lodge in my belly area where it's very warm always. After some pranayama sessions, for a few times, I think I seemed to have the purusa in my head, and 40 minutes passed like a second. It seemed to take charge and didn't want to come out. But I didn't feel discomfort as I took good time to rest after meditation.
Now the thing is I started to have moments when my mind is completely blank. It could happen at any time, when I was in the middle of cooking a dish; or even when I stop my bike in a crossing. I "passed" out while I was looking at some random objects. I used to have this kind of moments when I was much younger. But now I am having more and more of it and for longish span, too. The question is that I don't feel I am quite alert when in these moments. So it might not be witness getting into daily life. Is it possibly cleansing? Did any of you have similar experience? Does this have something to do with my intense intellectual activities? (I'm writing my dissertation)
Also, I had some sleepy meditation when I first started. but over two months as I advanced I never experienced sleepiness. I had sleepy session this evening and I felt a bit emotional afterward. Is this cleansing again?
Any comments, suggestions would be very welcome! Thank you!

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2010 :  4:55:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Those blank moments are normal. If they are full of thoughts, then you know you are a bit out of balance. If they are thoughtless, silent and peaceful, you know that it's fine anyway.

That sleepiness comes from a lot of friction in the nervous system. If you don't feel the friction itself, then on the surface the sleepiness is the hint. Or in other words, you can if you want self-pace a bit. And yes, all this is purification.

Edited by - Holy on Feb 23 2010 6:03:30 PM
Go to Top of Page

Pheel

China
318 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2010 :  10:56:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pheel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, Holy! Those blank moments are much less, or if they appear, much more joyful, after I started samyama.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000