Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Blurry ball in the corner of my eye?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

crazymandrew

USA
121 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  6:51:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit crazymandrew's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
So I've been experimenting with the 3rd eye a lot lately in the backyard when I'm taking my tea break.

I've noticed this fuzzy ball moving around in the corner of my eye. Is this just a perception change from sambhavi?

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  7:38:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You mean those both that move together with your eyes and are at the top right and top left corners, but go higher and more to the center the more you move upwards to the mid? colour somehow blue/whitish?

Edited by - Holy on Feb 21 2010 9:05:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

crazymandrew

USA
121 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2010 :  02:01:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit crazymandrew's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Holy

You mean those both that move together with your eyes and are at the top right and top left corners, but go higher and more to the center the more you move upwards to the mid? colour somehow blue/whitish?

It was actually more transparent in color. Kinda scared me when it first happened. There might have been some specks of color in it but it mostly stayed either in the corner of my right or left eye, only one ball at a time.
Go to Top of Page

JDH

USA
331 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2010 :  1:16:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This sounds like it may be related to the physical blind spot in everybody's eyes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blind_...%28vision%29

In addition to that, our brains connection to the eye works like a bio-supercomputer which compiles our entire perceptual texture of vision out of 3 wavelength receptors (cones only pick up 3 colors), and bundles of intensity receptors (which operate like binaries, but in groups that reinforce each other). So we are making our rich visual reality out of surprisingly little sensory information. Much of it is filled in by context using mental shortcuts. As a result, our vision is full of little perceptual inconsistencies. And yoga seems to build a general awareness which contributes to noticing many things about our body-mind that weren't noticed before.

A good book to learn more about this (and lots of other interesting stuff) is Steven Pinker's "How the Mind Works"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000