Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Strong Adverse Reaction
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2010 :  01:13:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi Everybody,

I simply had to drop in this morning to share this; it will make me feel better.

About an hour ago, a group of five ladies from some church group /religion - not sure which one - dropped by and wanted to share their faith with me. One handed me two magazines and asked me if I thought all good people would go to heaven. My welcoming smile died, I visibly cringed, felt a sharp pain in my chest and my belly sort of rolled over. I was having a violent physical reaction to the whole scene, but the witness was fully present. I calmly answered that God does not pick and chose between people; that good, bad, everyone gets to go to heaven and if they are teaching of a God who differentiates I really don't want to know. She offered to read me a text from the bible, I politely refused, wished them a pleasant day. The whole time, my energy field was going haywire. I was deeply disturbed. After that, I felt like lying down, threw myself on my bed, trembling and burst into tears.

I can't understand what I'm so upset about! It's not the first time I've been approached by religious groups. I generally have nothing against them; before today, I would always smile and joke and share some views in a neutral respectful manner.

Thank you for letting me get it off my chest.

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2010 :  03:22:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Those people scare me too
Go to Top of Page

ImseVimse

USA
13 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2010 :  05:07:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit ImseVimse's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've known some religious people who glow with love...others, not so much.

Every once in a while I come across religious people who have a dead look in their eyes and seem more like robots than people of faith. It is always disturbing, and for some reason they always seem to be proselytizers. With people like that, I get the feeling that they don't *get* their own religion, and so their energy fields clash with those of people who are more aware.
Go to Top of Page

wigswest

USA
115 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2010 :  11:16:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sey, I work in a conservative Christian organization, and have had to do a lot of reconciling within myself as I wander further and further away from their particular path ;)

The way I see it is, religion is the truth these people are seeing at this point in their lives/evolution, and I applaud it because of that.

None of us knows enough to judge whatever path people are on (I've told some religious folk the very same thing...my words usually are "human beings at this point in our existance know as much about the whole truth as a gnat does about gene-splicing"...at least that keeps em quiet long enuf for me to get away ;)

That folks are consciously following a path at all I view as a good thing, as long as that path advocates harmlessness toward others :)
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2010 :  1:06:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Could it be that they are sent by you to teach you something, help you look deeper still. That can tend to bring out strong reactions and make you question things.
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2010 :  1:26:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sey,

it can be many things in my view, maybe there was someone there who you shared a past life with (if you believe in that), and your and their energy meeting created that reaction.

Anyway, I think that as long as you replied with love, and you parted with them peacefully the consequences of that meeting are good, and whatever happens leave it to God.

There can be many factors that cause something to happen, even it can be something one of them did or said at some point before meeting you that caused their energy field to be a certain way and you sensed it.

There's no need to know why some things happen.

LOVE

Let go

(I'm learning Kirtanman )

Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2010 :  1:32:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Or you simply picked up their tensions, processed for them and relieved them from some garbage. Great job either way around!

Heard something great today in a film:

"A fundamentalist is a person who considers whether a fact is acceptable to their faith before they explore it."

http://www.soulbiographies.com/2009/01/curiosity/
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2010 :  1:35:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I see your reaction as a normal reaction from my point of view.It happens to me every time im near those kind of people.
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2010 :  7:07:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sey, I hope you feel better about the incident. It seems like you handled it well. What to do? Best to just be an example of Love and kindness. Let them believe what they want. Hopefully they will wake up and see what they're really doing to people.

Love
cosmic

Edited by - cosmic on Feb 20 2010 7:09:48 PM
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2010 :  11:48:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all for your kind words. You have given things to think about.

Is being a fundamentalist a good thing or a bad thing??

quote:
Originally posted by karl

Could it be that they are sent by you to teach you something, help you look deeper still. That can tend to bring out strong reactions and make you question things.

I've hesitated between two things; look deeper to try and find if there is something I'm missing, something I need to learn or let go as suggested by Yonatan.

I've let it go.

Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  06:01:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by SeySorciere

Thank you all for your kind words. You have given things to think about.

Is being a fundamentalist a good thing or a bad thing??

quote:

I've hesitated between two things; look deeper to try and find if there is something I'm missing, something I need to learn or let go as suggested by Yonatan.

I've let it go.

Yes if you can truly let it go. There is a difference between letting go and shutting out. I find exploring the feeling brings good results, anything that disturbs is a good thing in my book.

Byron Katies book is great for this as it allows you to hold a mirror up without it hurting too badly. I use timeline therapy the same way with clients which allows unconcious learning to take place. The test (as is similar in BK's book 'Loving What is') is to ask the question by thinking back to the event and seeing if the feelings are still present, then go into the future to an unspecified time and see if a similar event would trigger it. There is always a learning to these things, don't bury it, find out. If you really have allowed yourself to let it go that is brilliant. Just my 10 cents worth.

The question on fundamentalists good or bad..........neither. It's funny though and thought provoking as I suddenly realise there are no fundamentalists in my world. Weird because I'm sure there used to be some. It's as if I cant quite be sure of the word anymore, it's just a label. Feels a bit like ripping all the labels off the tin cans on the supermarket shelves and only being able to describe them as tin cans instead of soup, ham etc. I know the word and how you mean it but it has no counterpart in my world any longer (if it ever had ).

Just musing really and talking out loud, apologies for getting a bit off topic.

Edited by - karl on Feb 21 2010 07:12:52 AM
Go to Top of Page

Christine

USA
18 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  1:32:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
nothing personal.. if we can see 'all' as brothers ands sisters.. even those who knock on our doors claiming to have the whole truth and nothing but the truth.. ah.,. well.. God love um:)

they , like us hunger for the fullness of truth.. god knows the whys they need to have a small box around God instead of having truth stretch them out to infinity... but.. many at this time do.

But in our own ways.. dont we do this too? whe we think we are the body mind and emotions? maybe not as obvious but illusion/ delusion are still in place...

may we all oome to 'know' the fullness of truth.. with no more us or.. them.

Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  3:38:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

The question on fundamentalists good or bad..........neither.

Yes. As I see it, everyone is where they need to be (for the time being).
Go to Top of Page

wigswest

USA
115 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  5:37:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Cosmic, yep.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000