Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Strange sensation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lokipuna

USA
10 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2010 :  9:05:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit lokipuna's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Last week I had an unusual sensation located over the general area of my right shoulder blade. The feeling was much like a bad sunburn, but fluctuating in intensity over the course of the day. More pronounced in late afternoon and evening. My wife (a nurse practioner) inspected the area and there was no sign of rash or other physical manisfstation of the sensation. I otherwise felt somewhat fatigued and out of sorts but not ill. The night of the third day I experienced an all night intense soaking sweat and awoke the next morning symptom free and have remaind so for the past week.

My meditation practice has been very consistent over the past year, averaging about 45 minutes of deep practice each day. Over the course of the past 24 months I have experienced a number of losses, the last of which was the death of my father in December, with whom I had a very conflicted relationship.

I have addressed this experience with my physician during my annual physical and he could not match it up with a medical cause. I am wondering now if this might be some type of clearing process. Has anyone had or knowledge about this type of event. Although my practice has been very long term and I feel fairly advanced, I've never had this type of unexplained physical sensation before. An help or comments would be welcomed.

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2010 :  9:43:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
45 minutes is fairly long for a single meditation practice. Is that just sitting with mantra or pranayama as well? Or is it two sitting added up to 45 mins?
Go to Top of Page

lokipuna

USA
10 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2010 :  9:54:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit lokipuna's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Victor, that's a single combined split about 15 and 30.
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  12:29:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Lokipuna - Can you give some more details of your practice? Is that deep meditation with mantra as prescribed by Yogani or another practice altogether?
Although it does sound like what happened is purification, some letting go of your trauma.
Go to Top of Page

lokipuna

USA
10 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  8:20:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit lokipuna's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sey, I usually meditate in the early morning as that is the only time I truly have any control over. Most days 10 to 15 of pranayama followed by 25 to 30 of mantra meditation in siddhasana. I am used to longer practices from prior years spent in zazen, synchronicity and vippasana. I'm not sure what details might be helpful, so if there is any thing particular you are looking for please feel free to ask.
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  11:37:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Lokipuna - I would say that that was definitely on-going purification and nothing to worry about.

I must confess to being a little puzzled that you have been at these practices a while (a year, you say?)and this is the first "weird" sympton of purification you've experienced.

It's all good !
Go to Top of Page

lokipuna

USA
10 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2010 :  5:40:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit lokipuna's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sey, to clarify, I have only been following the AYP since November, but have spent years on the other practices, but have never experienced anything quite like this. Thanks for your assessment.
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2010 :  03:36:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well, if you stick with AYP, put your seat-belt on, you're about to experience a lot more !
Go to Top of Page

lokipuna

USA
10 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2010 :  10:33:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit lokipuna's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm very impressed so far. Belted up and ready for what comes. Thanks for the words of encouragement.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000