Yoga, Science and Philosophy
 Baseline Systems of Practice/Modification/Research
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jivaakabhasana_Yogi

USA
49 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2010 :  4:00:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jivaakabhasana_Yogi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Yogani said:

quote:

"By practicing daily, self-pacing, and open sharing, the truth will continue to emerge in modern times. This is the road to the future. It is in our hands to sustain the advance of applied spiritual science for all time...

...There are plenty of spiritual pioneers... Modern institutions of research and higher learning...lead the way in thoroughly researching the methods of human spiritual transformation, supported by an ever-growing segment of the population engaged in daily practices...

...As in all other fields of human endeavor, ongoing research and development for the practical application of spiritual knowledge will carry us forward to a quality of life we can scarcely imagine today...

...This will not be knowledge based on the charismatic personalities that have come and gone in every generation. Rather, it will be knowledge applied by each of us, recorded and continuously evolving to more efficient applications, which can be verified, improved upon, and utilized in practical ways by everyone for generations to come...

...It is the truth we are looking for here....it is not going to be the perfect answer for everyone in every time...The key is ongoing research and development of practical knowledge, based on real time cause and effect..."

Aauummm Shanti Shanti Shanti,

This lesson, is probably the prime reason that I have so much respect for Yogani, and for the AYP system of practice...at least in my estimation, there is no (or hardly any) ego involved in its being brought forward.

I major fault in my lifelong spiritual pursuit, has been to always and eventually "soapbox" either a teaching, teacher, methodology, viewpoint, etc...

It is AYP which has taught me (or rather I have learned through practicing what has been brought forward by AYP) to rise above this mindgame/lie/story I have told myself.

In my training over the years, I have learned that the "spiritual pursuit" is in fact an experiment, for each and every individual...albeit this is done by "standing on the shoulders of giants." We are all those giants....not simply/just Yogani, but those who have served and taught him, and served and taught each one of us.

If there is one thing that is clear that Buddha communicated, it is in the end of the Avatamsaka Sutta (Flower Garland Sutra.) After this rather lengthy instruction by Lord Buddha he admonishes his disciples to not believe what he has said, nor to take it for granted, without first having tested the truth of it and discovering it for one/themselves. This is not from a lack of "faith" nor of obedience...rather the sign/mark of a spiritually "mature"/"ripe" individual.

I will repeat what someone else has said: "Thank you Yogani, for not being our Guru."

My thinking and feelings are such as were the 10 Sikh Guru Jis...that none of them are the Guru, the Guru Nirgun/Sagun (manifest and unmanifest) is the Union/Yoga of all opposites, they (there individualities) were simply the thrones/castles/mansions within which the Guru clearly communicates to our essense Its freedom and liberation.

And as Yogani says, the Guru is in you, and I'd add, as you, and of you...

regards,
Jivaakabhasana Yogi

Edited by - AYPforum on Feb 22 2010 11:42:34 AM

wigswest

USA
115 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2010 :  6:34:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yep...need a clapping smiley for that lesson, Yogani. Thanks :)
Go to Top of Page

YogaIsLife

641 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2010 :  10:37:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit YogaIsLife's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, I also found that lesson wonderful and a proof of the great framework that AYP is. Thank you Yogani for sharing.

The main "lesson" I take from it is actually a reminder, one that I often forget: no matter what others say or think is right, the proof is always on my direct experience of whatever I experience. Like mentioned in that lesson, no matter if noone resonates with a particular experience I might have had or practice I migth see fit to do, if it is valid, it is self-validating, it is its own reward and proof. This has been my experience. In fact, the more valid and real an experience is or was (no matter how grand it may have appeared) the less is the need to tell about it to anyone else! Isn't that something?

Two quotes always come to my mind whenever I find this paradox between living/experiencing and talking about it:

A taoist quote (Lao Tzu?) that goes soemthign like "Those who don't know speak, those who know don't speak"

And somethign Bob Dylan said (!) when asked if he enjoyed writing his autobiography. He said somethign like "Well, not really. When you are writing you are not living, and when you are living you are not writing".

I feel there is a lot of wisdom in this sayings. Not meaning, OF COURSE, it is not useful to share - it can be very useful actually, to inspire, direct and motivate. But the truth itself cannot be given, only experienced. And we may get lost in so many words and thoughts and miss it. Bacause really, we are living it all the time, are we not?
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2010 :  11:42:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000