Yoga, Science and Philosophy
 What is faster than Mind?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  09:01:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Namaste,

Can anyone enlighten me what is faster than MIND?

Someone asked this question but I don't know the answer...I never thought there is something faster than MIND...if so whats that?

With Love N Light
Viji

misslavender

Philippines
7 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  12:43:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit misslavender's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
light?
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  3:15:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Don't know. Consciousness? It's everywhere already.
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2010 :  05:32:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't think there is anything faster than the speed of thought
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2010 :  11:11:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i know of smthg which seems to manifest as fast as thought:
the gap between thoughts and the "awareness" experience that comes with it, maybe because it's always there and it's thought free and pretty fast the same as thought in it's manifestation.

according to my own experience they are both automatic and they seem to come about at the same speed.

L&L
Go to Top of Page

YogaIsLife

641 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2010 :  11:49:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit YogaIsLife's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
this is a zen koan. it is not meant to be answered, but meant to make you go beyond the mind. this is my interpretation.
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2010 :  12:01:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Consciousness moves with the speed of light.
Awareness is instant.

/Bernie Prior
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2010 :  12:05:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by vijikr

..what is faster than MIND?

You.
Go to Top of Page

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2010 :  12:41:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
What about "soul" ???
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2010 :  6:36:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The Nervous System, Awareness and direct contact with God.

The reason is our mind does not work with reality directly. Everything the mind works with must be translated into words or concepts or something else abstract. Every bit of information put into the mind by our senses is first translated into an electrical impulse, moves to the brain, the brain translates it into meaningful words (except in pure awareness where no translation is done).
Then the words are processed, and action is taken.
A martial artist develops automatic reactions so thought is not necessary.
If you touch a hot stove, the impulse travels to the spinal cord, and directly back out to the arm to move it, bypassing the brain altogether.
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2010 :  01:21:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by vijikr

Namaste,

Can anyone enlighten me what is faster than MIND?

Someone asked this question but I don't know the answer...I never thought there is something faster than MIND...if so whats that?

With Love N Light
Viji

This oneness itself has been named countless names, including original mind. Because all that is already is this oneness itself, then there is nothing that could ever be a movement beyond it. If there is a movement of mind then it is the movement that is the all-pervading stillness, being this oneness itself, that is all that is. So no, there is nothing faster than mind, because mind is always being the absolute oneness that this is. Knowing this is being this and is the movement that already always is.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2010 :  11:29:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Balance

This oneness itself has been named countless names, including original mind. Because all that is already is this oneness itself, then there is nothing that could ever be a movement beyond it. If there is a movement of mind then it is the movement that is the all-pervading stillness, being this oneness itself, that is all that is. So no, there is nothing faster than mind, because mind is always being the absolute oneness that this is. Knowing this is being this and is the movement that already always is.

Hi Balance:

Agreed, assuming thought, our experience of mind, is "relational" (occurring in stillness). This takes us from theory to practice.

From the perspective and experience of the individual, thoughts are only omnipresent when consciously released in omnipresent abiding inner silence. Before that, thoughts are only objects of perception with which we are identified locally. It is the samyama effect (release in stillness) that enables thought to become omnipresent, and therefore infinite in speed.

Before the samyama effect, a thought is like a picture. After the samyama effect, a thought is the thing itself, and much more via the infinite creative energy of divine outpouring.

The AYP practice of Cosmic Samyama cultivates the omnipresent condition experientially in the individual. Is a thought of the cosmos the cosmos? Released in abiding inner silence it is, instantly. The speed of light is a "slow boat to China" by comparison.

One hundred thousand years to cross the galaxy at the speed of light? How about we meet on the other side, right now.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2010 :  11:57:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by yogani

quote:
Originally posted by Balance

Hi Balance:

Agreed, assuming thought, our experience of mind, is "relational" (occurring in stillness). This takes us from theory to practice.

From the perspective and experience of the individual, thoughts are only omnipresent when consciously released in omnipresent abiding inner silence. Before that, thoughts are only objects of perception with which we are identified locally. It is the samyama effect (release in stillness) that enables thought to become omnipresent, and therefore infinite in speed.

Before the samyama effect, a thought is like a picture. After the samyama effect, a thought is the thing itself, and much more via the infinite creative energy of divine outpouring.

The AYP practice of Cosmic Samyama cultivates the omnipresent condition experientially in the individual. Is a thought of the cosmos the cosmos? Released in abiding inner silence it is, instantly. The speed of light is a "slow boat to China" by comparison.

One hundred thousand years to cross the galaxy at the speed of light? How about we meet on the other side, right now.

The guru is in you.

And I agree with you yogani, cosmic samyama is where it's at. Nothing is more expedient than releasing thought in abiding inner silence. What could be faster than source? This other side right now is what I meant by 'original mind'.
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2010 :  9:31:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have to add that my experience with samyama is still quite new, and there is much releasing into abiding inner silence yet for me to open into.

Thanks for the guidance and helpful words yogani.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000