Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Please respond- any input would be appreciated!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BellaMente

USA
147 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2010 :  6:27:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I know some of you will not think this is important, but I really need this answered- This is a serious question I have been wondering about for a while now and can not find anything related online, so I figured since I have some time off today I will ask it finally:

Since I first started doing AYP I have had lots of paralysis states, it usually happened when I would wake up completely paralyzed or when I would just be laying there tired and a vibration would overtake my body and paralyze me. Now I posted some of my first experiences here and the only answers I got was that it is completely normal and that it is a step to astral projection. Well thats all good and dandy, but the difference between my paralysis states and the typical paralysis others experience is that when I am paralyzed a powerful rush of divine ecstasy consumes me and it feels so good I can barely handle it and all I can do is mentally scream and scream in overwhelming pleasure. Sometimes I am in a dream when this happens, and sometimes it involves another person: once when I screamed for my fiance' while he was laying next to me and somehow "appeared" in the middle of his body, another time with my fiance' when I was laying on top of him sleeping and then the energy came coarsing through me and I "dreamt" that he told me to get off of him because it was too much for him to handle, another time when I called on Jesus Christ, and the last time was during a dream about a guy that was in my third German class last year - I found out he died and was upset about it because I knew somehow he was a "child of God" and then all of a sudden it seemed as if his spirit merged into mine with the same divine energy/ecstatic rush overtaking me - but when I came out of the dream the energy rush continued consuming me until I woke up (lol the next day I tried to find out if he really died by searching online but I don't know his last name and couldn't find anything.) When I told someone about this last dream and explained the paralysis experiences they commented it could be astral sex, but then again I don't think so because it happens most of the time on its own, like I said either when I wake up paralyzed or when I am already up and become paralyzed.

To me this all-consuming ecstasy/divine energy rush/cosmic orgasm sounds like the descriptions of kundalini energy that I've read, but if it's kundalini energy then WHY does it come shortly after I am paralyzed and WHY does it stop when I am back and able to function again in my body? Why don't I feel this sort of energy when I am meditating? (When I do SB and DM I feel energy, but I usually experience it as gentle waves of tingling, or a mild purring, or some strong force that stands straight up in my body.)

Now I know most of you are going to tell me it doesn't matter, just ignore it, but it really is driving me crazy, I just want to know WHY, so please help, any input would be greatly appreciated!

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2010 :  8:26:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This sound a bit like the hyperventilation symptom that frequently comes up during rebirthing sessions. Have you heard of the "rebirthing" method as taught by Leonard Orr? During rebirthing they initiate a breath pattern of connecting the inhalation with the exhalation and it brings on a rapid purification process. One of the reactions that comes up for some people is the feeling of energy rush combined with a sense of paralysis. It is usually associated with the nerves and breathing process not being accustomed to that much intensity of energy and so you seize up. The remedy to breathe through it by gently connecting the inhale with the exhale and relax on the exhale and go through it rather than backing off, it is like learning to surf the waves of the energy of the breath.
If you can find a rebirthing breath coach I would suggest exploring it with them, if not then during those states be attentive to your breathing, connect the inhale with the exhale without pause and conciously relax the any grip or holding of the breath and let the energy wash over you. It might take some practice but should be of help. Its not so easy to guide yourself through it without help though so thats why i am suggesting a breath coach.
Go to Top of Page

wigswest

USA
115 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2010 :  8:43:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Bella, a few years back I was playing around with astral projection, and also starting energy work (thru the robert bruce books) - I found myself in states like you describe: a state (almost) of paralysis (I could move if I wanted to - but I didn't want to, because it would make the sensations stop ;), and incredible sexual ecstasy - I told someone it was like the universe was having its way with me

My advice to you would be to follow Yogani's suggestions on self-pacing (perhaps cut out the spinal breathing for right now?); and know that your energy pathways will at some point get used to the increased energy flow, and you won't feel these sensations nearly to the extreme that you do now. Aaaah...sometimes I miss those days ;)
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2010 :  06:44:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Bellamente,

The experience of paralysis is normal, and nothing to worry about. In my experience it happens when the mind is losing it's attachment to the physical realm, and sinks lower into the pure vital and mental realms. This is why the experience of ecstasy is so strong, because you are coming directly in touch with the subtle vital body (what Yogani calls the subtle neurobiology) and this body is made up entirely of ecstatic energy.

If you find it unsettling, then you could cut back on practice times as Wigwest suggests, but if you feel O.K. with it, then I would carry on as normal.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2010 :  08:05:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, probably astral projection happening. You need to relax and accept it. Let go.
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2010 :  08:12:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
HI see this post as well it might be a good idea for you to come over to this discussion.

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....ID=4936#4936

Edited by - Richard on Feb 16 2010 09:06:22 AM
Go to Top of Page

BellaMente

USA
147 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2010 :  3:52:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks everyone for your input!

It's not that I don't like it, actually quite the opposite, it is very pleasurable.

I also know it happens when I over-meditate or when I skip a day of practices. I learned to expect it during these times.

Victor- Thanks, I am going to have to check that out I have never heard of it before.

wigswest and Ether- I was told before how this is a precursor for astral projection, but every time it happens it feels so good that I can't even try to focus on anything else let alone trying to project myself out of my body! Were you guys able to astral project after these kinds of experiences?

Christi- Thanks for this, I never knew that the subtle body is made up of ecstatic energy. I think this has to be what's going on because this only occurs when I am waking up or falling asleep. The only thing that confuses me is the rush. If it is the subtle vital body then why would it rush over me? Wouldn't I just gently start to "feel" it?

Richard- I will check it out, thanks for posting that.

By the way, I forgot to say that once I did have this orgasmic ecstatic rush of energy when I was awake- It was after I first started practicing AYP- I went back home for a wedding and the first night back I over-meditated in my parents bathroom (lol I over-meditated because I was angry at my fiance' and it was distracting my DM). When I was done I was still angry at my fiance' and since I didn't know how to "dissolve" my anger back then I did what I used to always do- drink. I drank some sangria, but I was still in a meditative state and I sat at the table with my eyes closed chanting and singing Ha-Le-Lu-Jah for about a half an hour to an hour. When we went to leave, I got in the car and my body exploded into a full-body orgasm that lasted for at least 3 minutes. It was amazing! I never had the experience again so I think it was the result of purification, or as Yogani says, friction with the alcohol. But it makes me think, I must not have a lot of friction if I haven't had this experience again? I have had purification experiences but never with this energy orgasm. On the other hand, it might be because that day I was out of the medicine I am still on. I really think that this medicine is hindering my practices. For example, about a month and a half ago I quit, I stopped taking it completely, and although I became severely depressed, I had a constant feeling of energy running up and down my body. I didn't know if it was due to withdrawals or if it was due to prana. It might be both actually, maybe during withdrawals there is extra prana available and this is why people have a hard time sleeping and have hot and cold chills? Hey Carson if you are reading this tell me what you think! Anyways, I had to start taking it again because my semester started and I was too depressed to do anything.

Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2010 :  4:16:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am here dear

Can't remember exactly what you are taking medication-wise....was it suboxone?

Love!
Go to Top of Page

BellaMente

USA
147 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2010 :  8:32:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Carson!

Yes, it's suboxone

I know you told me that when you came off the methadone you had your kundalini awakening. I also know that when people withdrawal they have hot and cold chills, insomnia, etc. and like I said, when I came off the suboxone a month and a half ago I had a feeling of energy running up and down my inside like I get during meditation.

So do you think that coming off these types of drugs increases prana? Or that these types of drugs block prana?
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2010 :  11:16:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi BelleMente

Yes, I do believe that opiates block prana from flowing naturally. That is the experience here, and common sense would indicate that any nervous system depressant would slow the flow of life force through the body...especially opiate maintenance drugs which have a very long metabolic half-life and have to be taken on a daily basis to avoid withdrawal symptoms. I also think that being on these types of drugs for extended periods of time will increase your bodies sensitivity to the flow of prana. When on opiate maintenance drugs your body gets used to a specific amount of prana flow....it is basically regulated by the substance in your system. So when coming off of the drugs and the prana flow is naturally increased (I don't think kundalini even has to be awakened to feel this increase in flow) it is much easier to be able to notice the extra prana flowing through the nervous system.

Hope this answers your question.

Love!
Go to Top of Page

wigswest

USA
115 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2010 :  12:40:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Were you guys able to astral project after these kinds of experiences?

Hi Bellamente, actually I quit trying after reading a kundalini yoga instructor who said something to the effect that she figured one of the reasons we're incarnated is to become comfortable with our bodies and matter, and not trying to find ways to escape them.... made sense to me (actually quite profound) ;)

Edited by - wigswest on Feb 22 2010 12:40:48 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000