Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 mantra's energy pulse
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JDH

USA
331 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2010 :  1:37:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Last night's deep meditation/samyama was worth noting. The background high pitched sound that I hear all the time since starting meditation changed in pitch. Slightly higher, and very noticeable. It got a little louder, and came to the foreground of my hearing, blocking out the sounds of traffic outside my window for a minute or so. I was momentarily alarmed, and then felt good that something was happening.

Later in the meditation I had a long period of stillness when the mantra became more faint than ever before. This is what I wanted to share here (even though it's all over the lessons). The faintness, or refinement of the mantra took on a new meaning to me. And that is that as long as the mantra is still vibrating, then any actual mental intonation of the words are OK, even if that is no mental intonation of the words.

When I began AYP mantra meditation, I struggled with the observation that I could experience more stillness by just stopping the mantra, because the mantra was causing noise in the mind. Now I see that the mantra itself can fade away and leave only its vibration (like an energy pulse that is going off each time I AM is said). As long as that energy pulse is still pulsing, I'm still "with the mantra" even if I'm no longer thinking the words of the mantra (they get fuzzy, or even disappear altogether). What's left is silence, plus the energy pulse. And this is an incredibly stable form of silence, somehow more impervious to thought disturbances or mind noise. I was able to stay in that silence for several minutes, and return to it quickly if I went off it. And then this morning I was again able to let the mantra refine down to that level and enjoy minute long silences. Before my silences were lasting only seconds here and there, sometimes a minute.

This has made samyama noticeably more energetic as well. That's it. Just wanted to share that I'm experiencing the "vibrational quality of the mantra" as an energy pulse that has no sound or words associated with it.

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2010 :  2:16:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Great you've cracked it
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000