Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 The Witness
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2010 :  02:59:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I am not sure if I like the witness, it's too weird. I like the joy its presence sometimes bring but when it is just sitting there, detached, watching "me" - it feels too much like an alien inside my body. I cannot identify myself as it - the Real Me - yet. It was present all night long, so I slept conscious, watching myself sleep, only aware that I'm sleeping because of my steady breathing. I woke up this morning, refreshed, but something not quite jarring.

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2010 :  09:44:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This is because it is something new SeySorciere. You will settle into it and it wont feel like anything out of the ordinary. It is a big step in the right direction. Just give your mind a few days to get used to this and it will soon not be noticed.
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2010 :  01:47:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the encouraging words Shanti. Frankly, I don't if I'm coming or going with all this. Sometimes I feel I'm making no progress at all... my third eye won't budge ! I churn up a lot of energy but seem to go nowhere with it. Just frustrated and venting - don't mind me.
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2010 :  02:52:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by SeySorciere

watching "me" - it feels too much like an alien inside my body.

There is a bird called 'Weaver Bird' who weaves its nest. Earlier I thought it was possesed by an alien too. How can a bluddy bird know to weave a nest on its own?

But then I realized we all have an alien inside. The sun, the moon, this planet, the trees, the ocean...

Hey, you are from Seychelles! Why don't you sit next to the ocean and go into this witness mode?

Just sit next to the ocean and let the ocean breathe with you. As the ocean waves... watch your breath merge with it. Be the ocean.
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2010 :  04:31:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah magnima - the best natural source of the silence we are seeking inside of us (that I have experienced) is the ocean. The silence is found between the sound of one wave breaking on the reefs and another - the space between... deep silence... as you wait for the next wave to crash.
Go to Top of Page

BellaMente

USA
147 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2010 :  5:19:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh my God thank you for this Sey! I was kind of embarrassed to ask about this, but since you brought it up I will now:

Many times during meditation it feels like my consciousness is so "high" or "expansive" and it feels so foreign to me that I actually start to wonder if I am an alien in a human body! LOL I get really freaked out because I have a seriously irrational fear of aliens hahaha (I know it sounds crazy but I hate meditating at night when my fiance' is asleep because if I hear any noises I get scared and think that if I look at the windows I am going to see an alien outside lol - and I don't even know if aliens are real or not, but just the idea of them freaks me out!)

But anyways I have been wondering for the longest time about this strange state of consciousness. It's not that I am necessarily uncomfortable with it, but it just feels so different and strange to me that I think that somehow something is not normal and I wonder if I am some kind of alien.

So then just to make sure - I am not an alien, and I am not crazy? This is a completely normal feeling and it's called the witness state?

Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2010 :  03:14:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by BellaMente

So then just to make sure - I am not an alien, and I am not crazy? This is a completely normal feeling and it's called the witness state?

No, you're not crazy (or we both are!); that is indeed, I believe, the Witness State.
During daily activities, I would sometimes recognise that I have fallen in the witness state when I come out of it, there is a sudden shift in reality. I have to blink so that reality re-adjust itself. Other times, I am fully conscious of it there, watching with mild curiousity, what I'm doing or whomever I'm having a conversation with. I am not in that state all the time, just now and then, still far between.

Input from a more experienced person would be welcomed.

Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2010 :  03:38:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by BellaMente

..meditating at night ..if I hear any noises I get scared and think...

Its BellaMente that is scared and thinks, not the witness. Remember this when you hear a noise next time.
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2010 :  03:42:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

the best natural source of the silence we are seeking inside of us (that I have experienced) is the ocean.

no, its you.
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2010 :  03:06:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
There was something else I wanted to share and ask others experience of. I practiced Deep Meditation for a whole year, cultivating inner silence, before adding on Spinal Breathing (mainly because my nasty colleague & friend who introduced me to AYP hid his SB volume grrr..and did not tell me about it until he felt I was ready for it - ha ha.. did me a big favour). When I was practicing only DM, I used to fall into deep silence, (a vast consciousness) even the mantra did not follow me there. Since adding SB, I no longer fall into silence, the silence started rising with prana to "meet" me and take up residence so to speak.

Anyone know why that is? What is the difference here?

Edited by - SeySorciere on Feb 17 2010 03:08:41 AM
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2010 :  08:28:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

It will change. When prana meets the stillness there are a lot of sparks flying, but after the fireworks of the initial meet up dies down, there is perfect harmony and deep alive stillness to follow. That is what Yogani calls "stillness in motion" or Adyashanti calls "emptiness dancing".
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2010 :  02:28:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by manigma

quote:

the best natural source of the silence we are seeking inside of us (that I have experienced) is the ocean.

no, its you.

You know manigma, when I read this yesterday, I kind of shrugged, not really getting it. Then last night, I stopped a while to watch the Surfer cartoon - you know - the one with the penguines with my son and watching the surfers inside the huge waves, what you said suddenly clicked. Where does the silence in the waves and the silence in me begin and end? The silence I hear, is it the waves or is me? And I realised, it's one and the same silence.

Thank you for bringing that simple truth to me.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000