Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 pressure in left temple.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Christine

USA
18 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2010 :  6:09:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
hi, i am new here and have enjoyed reading many of the posts here the past few days.

the past couple weeks i have been experiencing an odd pressure bordering on mild pain in my left temple that comes and goes.

At times it is almost a physical bliss sensations accompanied by pressure / fullness in the head. the Nad in the right ear is louder than usual.. and i feel very quieted within ... does anyone here know what the pressure in the left temple is about? also.. even though this feels centered in the left temple it feels deeper than this.. as i feel it in the back of my head and in the back of my throat behind my left molar.. more like a mild ache there in the roof of my mouth.

preceding this, in December , my vision began to change. The world began to take on a silvery sheen . i thought i was going blind.. like i had cataracts, as i would also see lots of bright lights (exteriorly) flashing, and my vision was not all that focused when trying to read, because i experienced everything as to bright.. the sheen has stayed but the blindness and unfocused stuff has left, with the advent of this pressure stuff going on in the left side of my head.

most importantly, i feel different. more detached at times... like i want to sit be still. i am more sensitive to noise.

thanks! and.. good to be here!

christine

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2010 :  12:17:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christine. welcome to the forum and we're very glad you're here! I'm glad your vision is back to normal. I really don't know what is going on with the pressure in the head.

I understand the desire for stillness. But with the sensitivity to noise I wanted to ask if you're allowing yourself a couple of minutes rest after meditation and diving back into the world? Or if you're able to meditate without any interruptions around you? Was just curious...

Anyway, welcome to the forum!

Kathy

Edited by - NagoyaSea on Feb 09 2010 12:18:14 AM
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2010 :  03:24:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi Christine, i don't know if it's the same case as mine but i went through a similar thing with a lot of spiritual scenery involved and in the end it brought forth a tinitus sound in the left ear and it's still here whenever i give it attention like now :) and during practice but it's overshadowed by the other stuff going on.

i know them pains and they are still around every now and then, according to what happened with me the whole thing started first bcz of alternate nostril breathing with kumbhaka 2 years back and now whenever kundalini goes up through the head the ringing starts and occasionally i still feel them sharp pains.

i really don't know any cure for this, i went once to a doctor and he told me to stop doing the kind of Yoga i am into and yes if you stay away from practices for a while or at least self pace you'll see a change in it's dynamics bcz it seems to be related with how much kundalini energy is present.

in case you find a solution for this symptom or anyone knows of any, then i would appreciate it a lot.

until then all i can suggest is that you take it easy on your practices.

namaste
Go to Top of Page

Christine

USA
18 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2010 :  1:36:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thank you for your welcome ... i am feeling better today..

kathy , for the most part it is quiet when i meditate.. at times the phone will ring and if i am not completely quieted in my head it is painfully annoying to the mind? / nerves? to come back up to ordinary consciousness quickly...otherwise

i give myself lots of space after meditation... sensitivity to any noise has always been an issue for me the past few years.. i have waterfalls in my home and often i need to turn them off as the water sounds of rushing water at times are annoying to my head. same goes for any sound.. like music or talking on the phone etc.

Ananda, thank you for sharing your experience.. this past couple weeks i have been meditating more and i have active k... so possibly the increase in meditation created to much energy in my head..what i have noticed is when i feel deeply inspired spiritually and then meditate, i get more extreme energy in my head.

i have been slowing down a bit and i think this is possibly why today i am feeling better...

thanks again!

christine
Go to Top of Page

michaelangelo7

USA
89 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2010 :  12:48:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit michaelangelo7's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
gross/physical sounds are annoying or disturbing to you, and me as well, because you have heard the pranava/nada/shabda/bhagavad gita or celestial song of god. once a person has heard these, there is no turning back. follow the bell or ringing sound and it will turn into other various sounds like the dull roar of the ocean, streams, flutes, drums ,thunder in the right side of the head, it might start at the ear or brow level but it will climax in the brain.

the pressure is due to prana, pranava/nada is the indicator that prana or kundalini shakti has risen into the head, it will smooth out. you are a lucky soul to hear the nada and should follow it because it leads to liberation, i have spent years for many hours a day absorbed in nada, it is my favorite past time.

http://santmat.gaia.com/blog/2007/6...ncient_india
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2010 :  03:38:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi michael, i just would like to point out that practices are what lead to such experiences(scenery) and experiences aren't always here so best to focus on the practices we are doing at first place.

and these holy sounds could be heard everywhere not only at the right ear, even though it might start from there sometimes but they come and go and we enjoy them when they happen but as all the wise ones say it's best not too get too attached to spiritual scenery and keep on practicing.

and i suggest a prudent approach to too much prana in the head cz some damage might happen.

L&L
Go to Top of Page

Christine

USA
18 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2010 :  12:45:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i am thankful for all replies to this post.. i have found your words most helpful. i have been reading older posts here to learn and am thankful for so many insights...

i have not commented back on this thread, as every time i have attempted to do so , the thinking involved has made me feel internally brittle and unable to follow through. Please forgive me if i have appeared rude in not responding sooner to the helpful replies to my question..

i have been hanging low as so much has been going on within. i have needed to be still as much as possible.

i have a few more questions if anyone has any insight this would be most appreciated!

the left temple pain seems to also be connected to a sense of pressure on the upper palate of my mouth.. back behind and off to the side of the back molar( toward the middle of the palate, left side. i have had energy in my head for many years off and on.. but this energy feels like almost unbearable bliss, like my head is filled with a piercing sex energy.. producing water in the mouth.. again, off an on.

within consciousness i feel an odd sense of depersonalization coupled with a LOUD screaming ' ummmm' sound in my right ear. again this sound has been around for quite a while. but with a constant increase in sound and head pressure .. at times intensely delightful on a physiological level.. at times, not so delightful as it feels like an ache in the head. As noted above, a deadening effect to any sense of a self.. to the polar opposite, a sense of coming unglued internally.. a sense of feeling like i am going over some edge and i watch myself grasp ( contract) within.. as i feel a sense of helpless.

this is quite humbling . with this watching i see i am helpless to remove this feeling state..

does anyone have any idea what is going on with the upper palate? the tradition i come from is christian in nature.. however i am far from the traditional understanding of Christianity..

the path i have followed has been prayer.. but i have also meditated for years... the opening for kundalini came with a spiritual experience in 1996... one that changed my life and placed me on the path of seeking deeper union with God.. the Christ within.

i do not know if i have active kundalini yet.. what i do know is i experience a stream of heat/ cold going up along the spine all day long.. then, in early morning something happens that is different than what happens through the day.. .prior to this change, there is an odd sense of a ' calm before the storm' , the a swift sense of internal panic that does not seem to be motivated by any conscious fear then wam! up it goes.a powerful magnetic energy moves up the middle of the spine and fills the brain/ head with light... does anyone know where this fear is coming from? as this too has also increased the past few weeks along with the changes within the head..

whatever is happening i do not think i have active kundalini, as it does not remain. As i awaken fully into the day it recedes back to a stream of heat/ cold going up along the spine.. even though there are noticeable changes occurring within.. i hardly feel free. to put it this way; if this 'were it'.. i would be sadly disillusioned, as the core me is still very present and running the show.

last night i had an odd dream.. of joining a group of whirling dervishes...dreams are dreams and there was a bit of variation to the dream.. as the whirling was occuring in a vast field... and included' two' dancers embracing / male and female. whirling together.

i am thankful for this web site and look forward to learning...and ask once again if anyone here has any insight, at this time it would be greatly appreciated..

sincerely,

christine

Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2010 :  12:21:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christine:

With the rise of ecstatic conductivity, there is a natural connection between the neurobiology in the pelvic region and in the head, including the palate. Your symptoms are consistent with that. This is discussed in a number of places in the AYP lessons.

This ongoing energetic awakening can also be described as active kundalini, so, yes, you do have one.

Since these developments are universal in all human beings, there is not anything untoward about them in relation to Christianity, or any other religion. My background is Christian also, and over the years I have found many more confirmations than contradictions between my religious upbringing and symptoms of purification and opening.

When it gets right down to it, our experiences as a result of practices (including bhakti and prayer) are the best compass of truth we will find anywhere. With the advancement of our inner unfoldment, to the extent religious teachings are true (or not), we will know by first hand experience, because the divine is awakening in us. This experience of human spiritual transformation is the source of all the scriptures throughout history.

So not to worry. Everything will work out fine. Carry on, and self-pace your practices and activities as necessary to keep on an even keel, as you are doing already.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Christine

USA
18 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2010 :  5:44:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thank you for responding yogani.. i am glad to hear everything will work out fine.

although admittedly, i am not feeling so fine at this time..

coming from a christian background and finding myself within this place of being..( ignorance) i have been trying to read all i can about this upper palate thing that is happening to me and the 'over the top' bliss in the head...

today this experience is very strong ... when i use my tongue and press up where the back of the hard palate meets the beginning of the soft palate, ( more or less behind the back molars and at the gateway between had palate and soft.. this intense energy happens within my head and water come out from somewhere in my mouth.. i think it is draining down from the back? but this i cannot say..

to be honest i am to unnerved by this to feel/ know it is a good thing.. it feels like, i guess one could say , extreme sexual energy in the head and a shuttering in the roof of my mouth and head... and a sense of freezing cold running throughout the body.. maybe thats just plain fear.. i do not know... but it registers within the body as.. ice cold.

truly, i feel like a spiritual forest gump ! and i wonder how in the world this has happened. there has been an increase of devotional fervor in prayer since the 1st of the year.. maybe this is what brought it on.. i do not know.

i have been trying to understand thru reading here on the forums about this and read about people cutting somewhere in their mouth and i am confused. does this mean i must cut myself? and if this place called the 'secret spot' is hard to get to.. then if this secret spot is happening to me.. then why am i simply pressing on roof of mouth and behind molar. mainly on the left side behind molar and this is happening?

i am sorry if i am asking dumb questions.. if you read this and feel it is not fit for this forum then please just e-mail me as this whole thing the past few weeks is to much...usually, i am a person who does not talk much so even to ask these questions here seems a stretch.

it is not just about water dripping down and the powerful sensations within my head .. it is many things... from leaving behind all i have ever known ( as in not being able to participate in old structures that do not recognize all people as one) and the power building and moving through the body in early morning hours..

also.. i am very sorry if i have written in the wrong forum for this kind of thing
.. possibly it would have been better suited for another one of the forums..

i am beginning to read all the lessons.. but at this very moment feel a bit overwelmed....

thank you for your helpful comments...

christine

Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2010 :  6:04:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hello again Christine, if you want my humble opinion and i am a person who has looked around... Yogani's lessons are a great help for people who are running around with energy overloading symptoms like us.

and in case you haven't then what you should take on are the spinal breathing and deep meditation practices in the main lessons and a short time you will see a big difference in the symptoms.

and yes you have an active kundalini.

and while you're at it, check on this lesson it will give a you a general idea on kundalini energy overloads and good tips on how to handle them and stabilize things:
http://www.aypsite.org/69.html

kindest regards,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2010 :  6:08:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
we've cross posted, and about the cutting stuff (kechari mudra) i think that you should stay away from it at the time and leave it for later when things really settle down and you have a stable foundation to add on advanced yoga practices to.

start with what i shared with you in my last post.

namaste
Go to Top of Page

Christine

USA
18 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2010 :  6:16:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thanks for responding ananda..

" Yogani's lessons are a great help "

agreed!

love christine
Go to Top of Page

varaamo

USA
1 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2014 :  04:23:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi

Can you please share as on how to find your own Kutastha Chaitanya and meditate on it?

Thanks,
varaamo

quote:
Originally posted by michaelangelo7

gross/physical sounds are annoying or disturbing to you, and me as well, because you have heard the pranava/nada/shabda/bhagavad gita or celestial song of god. once a person has heard these, there is no turning back. follow the bell or ringing sound and it will turn into other various sounds like the dull roar of the ocean, streams, flutes, drums ,thunder in the right side of the head, it might start at the ear or brow level but it will climax in the brain.

the pressure is due to prana, pranava/nada is the indicator that prana or kundalini shakti has risen into the head, it will smooth out. you are a lucky soul to hear the nada and should follow it because it leads to liberation, i have spent years for many hours a day absorbed in nada, it is my favorite past time.

http://santmat.gaia.com/blog/2007/6...ncient_india

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000