Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Inner pulse and mantra
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jordan

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2014 :  12:14:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
So I have been practicing spinal breathing followed by deep meditation with the I Am mantra for about a week and a half. I have noticed that now when I get into about 5 minutes of the deep meditation an inner pulse (maybe associated with the heart beat?) develops and then the I Am mantra connects with the rhythm of that pulse. Once the mantra connects with the pulse, it's as if the mantra starts repeating itself on it's own, with little to no effort from me. Once connected to the pulse, the pronunciation of the mantra blurs a little, becoming soft and easy. Have also started experiencing towards the end of the deep meditation that I start
rocking back and forth or in a circular motion in time with the pulse and mantra. Hope that
made sense.

Wondering if this all seems correct, or if any adjustments should be made.

I am so thankful to have come across this forum and these teachings.

Edited by - Jordan on Aug 14 2014 12:32:03 PM

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2014 :  1:06:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jordan, and welcome to the forums.

This is good verification as I too sense that pulse sometimes, especially when it becomes faster or more pronounced as in those instances when transitioning into sleep consciously.

The mantra however should not deliberately be paired with anything if going by the lesson instructions. So if you notice a pairing, that means you're off the mantra, so gently go back to it. The pairing of mantra with breath is common, especially since we work with the breath and intention prior to deep meditation. I believe Lesson 106 - Q&A – Mantra and breathing in meditation applies to any such pairing.
Go to Top of Page

Jordan

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2014 :  3:22:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks so much for the response and the warm welcome! Very glad to be here indeed

I read the lesson that you linked to in your response. Maybe I should clarify my experience a little more. The inner pulse that I feel the mantra connecting to seems to be unrelated to the breath. The pulse is usually felt in my third eye area or in the front of my body. The pulse doesn't seem to be linked to my breath, as the pulse is usually much quicker in pace than my breath. In fact, when the pulse arises, not much attention is given to the breath at all. When I find the mantra connect to that pulse, I find that if the mantra slows down, so does the pulse and vice versa. Also, I've found that when I find myself automatically starting to rock back and forth while on the cushion, the speed of the rocking is also directly related to the speed of the pulse/mantra. I've noticed that the rocking usually doesn't develop until the pulse/mantra is quicker in pace.

Should I still try and not foster such happenings since the mantra is still being paired with a sensation, even though it isn't the breath? Is this maybe hindering the mantras natural tendency to change pace/quality at it's own whim?

Thanks so much for your thoughts!
Go to Top of Page

Ecdyonurus

Switzerland
479 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2014 :  3:26:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jordan, I experienced something very similar in the first weeks of AYP: the mantra was strongly connected to the heart beat, and I also had my body rocking just like you describe.

After some weeks, this connection with the heart disappeared.

But after some more weeks another kind of pulse happened during DM, like a wave going up and down from the forehead to the throat/neck. And, again, the mantra connected with that pulse, "I" being connected with the upward wave and "AM" with the downward wave.

After some more weeks, this connection slowly faded away. Now (10 months of AYP) it happens just sometimes for some minutes during DM, it does not last for the whole session anymore.

Don't know what this connection means, I just did not try to favor it although it can be pleasurable.

Thank you AumNaturel for reminding that lesson.

Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2014 :  5:10:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jordan,

The key point is to make sure you are not trying to pair it with anything. Breath, feeling, prana, energy, etc.

If it happens all by itself, great! Just don't make it happen.

For me it is like a wave of energy. I am riding the wave of I ... Am...I...Am. It is easy to get caught up in that wave but it is the mantra as our point of concentration that is the key. The wave is just scenery.

Hope that helps.
Go to Top of Page

Jordan

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2014 :  7:09:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all for your words of wisdom. EXACTLY what I was looking for. Just going to go with the flow of experiences, keepin my eyes on the prize: I Am.

Now back to the cushion!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000