Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 stress symptom?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wigswest

USA
115 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2010 :  10:12:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi guys, in the last couple of weeks I've been experiencing heart flutterings/palpitations, something I don't usually have unless I'm under *extreme* ongoing stress. Thing is, nothing's changed in my life except that I've added samyama on to each meditation, and upped my meditation time (sometimes I go for 25 minutes...)

Can this small increase in activity cause this amount of physical stress? I also have been needing a lot of extra sleep (tho this has been going on for a little bit longer, maybe 3 months??). Otherwise, I feel fine physically; emotionally doing well also.

Thoughts? (thanks!)

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2010 :  10:26:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Heart fluttering/palpitations are signs of heart opening.
If you have any concerns, please do get it checked by a doctor.

However, this is a very common symptom for heart opening, and will come and go as you continue on your path.

Check the Yoga FAQ on Heart palpitations

Few topics:
Heart Palpitations/Anxiety
Heart Palpitations
Go to Top of Page

wigswest

USA
115 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2010 :  10:43:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Whew!! I've always associated this with stress!! Thanks Shanti - off to read!! :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000