Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Reincarnation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ashwathama

India
17 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2010 :  07:14:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ashwathama's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Dear Yogani,

All enlightened men and women have used the words 'many lives' at some point in their teachings.I have also heard that as we progress along the path of self realization we become aware of all these past lives we have lived and through this awareness comes liberation from the cycle of birth-death and rebirth.Could you please share your thoughts on this and give us an insight into this mysterious phenomenon.

Love.

Edited by - Ashwathama on Feb 03 2010 07:15:13 AM

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2010 :  07:46:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not Yogani, but I'd like to say something.
I'm not so sure "all" enlightened people believe in past lives.

On the path of enlightenment many people experience the "remembering" of past lives.
But this does not mean they were reincarnated. I am not saying they were not, but there are many ways these memories can come to us because we are all connected together.
As we become more enlightened, we learn to lose the ego and sense of self, and feel more of a sense of all life rather than separateness.

So it is possible that the "I" that I feel now was not necessarily the same "I" that experienced those past lives. But the "I" that is here can still learn from them, and that is what is important.

Personally I remember things that happened before this life. but my ego is not so big as to claim that I lived those experiences. But I don't care who lived them, I remember and I learn from them.
This worldview allows you to move on without becoming attached to those memories.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2010 :  09:47:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ashwathama, and welcome!

We don't make too much of reincarnation in AYP. It is a matter of personal belief, and yoga will work either way.

Here are some references from the lessons and forums: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=2313

Wishing you all the best on your path. Enjoy!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000