Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 seeing yoursefl in others
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2010 :  10:00:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
For the most part I have been trusting my inner guru instead of asking so many questions and generally only come here asking for help in the more challenging manners. For instance, was gonna ask if when you are more present in what you are currently doing if you tend to forget whats next, but that only seems logical. However here is something I would like to hear your stories about.
In my intention of reconnecting with others I have spent less time alone, this week I did something everyday after work, so that was good, played with my nephew, and even taking my golfing hobby less serious while still participating in it. Also had some good experiences/insights while meditating and waking life too. SO On to the issue at hand

sometimes I see my state of being reflected on another and it can be frightening, an example would be people talking, having a good time, and then I walk up and the conversation stops. another, I can be forgetful of what I was going to say and then talking to others they now become forgetful. The challenge in seeing things like this is the voice inside the head says to avoid people so you don't disrupt their life and happiness. However if one keeps avoiding it will still have a negative effect because family members or friends may be concerned that your not around. A catch 22.
any insight will be read and hopefully appreciated
brother Neil

wakeupneo

USA
171 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2010 :  4:27:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit wakeupneo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Neil,

Recently I came out of a pseudo seclution. In many ways my mind and thoughts became much more transparent. The tendency to follow thoughts, grab hold of thought and scan thoughts was dissolved. It's almost like this mechanism was disabled to a degree.

It's funny you mentioned the conversation stopped episode you had. I was at a family function this weekend and I went outside to grab some pop. Everybody was outside smoking, drinking, having a good time. I walked through these people and I swear the whole room stopped. You could hear a pin drop when before you probably wouldn't be able to hear a car accident. It was a bit jarring and anxiety came up as a response. However, who is experiencing this?

Who is the voice in your head? As Ramana always said, "Abide as the self and EVERYTHING will take care of itself."

Just nod and smile. People love being heard and validated. I find playing the role of the good listener helps.

J
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000