Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 My view on nature boosting spiritual practices
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

crazymandrew

USA
121 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2010 :  01:29:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit crazymandrew's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I'm not implying the need to do your sitting practices in nature. That's not what I mean here. LOL.

Going to a state park once a month really helps ecstasy and bliss for me.

For the ecstatic side it's all about the flow of nature and not forgetting where your biology came from.

For bliss, it's purely just the size of nature and being outdoors. Gives you that big feel that bliss is.

What do you guys think about nature?

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2010 :  03:25:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
We are a part of nature rather than apart from nature. Sometimes people forget that and so we need to be reminded by immersing ourselves in the natural world more often. So basically it goes without saying that I completely agree with you!
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2010 :  11:42:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by crazymandrew

I think it is a huge "boost" on the path....for me, there is nothing like a good hike up a mountain followed by a mountain top meditation and then a good hike back down the mountain. I even do this in the winter it's so good

Love.
Go to Top of Page

lotusheart

USA
7 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2010 :  12:56:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit lotusheart's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Today I meditated outside in the park. When I was finished, I opened my eyes and there was a squirrel less than a foot from me, watching me. Two minutes later, there was a huge noise as the ice cracked on the pond.

It was cool. I felt a part of it all, a tough thing sometimes for this urban girl to remember.
Go to Top of Page

adamantclearlight

USA
410 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2010 :  2:13:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit adamantclearlight's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I totally agree. Whenever possible, go to a mountain; go to a forest, an ocean or a park and meditate there. The effects are fantastic.

Adamant
Go to Top of Page

Hari

United Kingdom
7 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2010 :  06:47:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hari's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm going to use this post as an excuse to recommend a truly excellent book, The Spell of the Sensuous by David Abrams.

Here's an excerpt for those of you who are interested:

http://www.primitivism.com/ecology-magic.htm
Go to Top of Page

YogaIsLife

641 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2010 :  4:08:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit YogaIsLife's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I'm going to use this post as an excuse to recommend a truly excellent book, The Spell of the Sensuous by David Abrams.

Man I LOVED this book too! Read it some years ago and it is still one of my top favorites :)

Edited by - YogaIsLife on Feb 06 2010 08:12:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

rabar

USA
64 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2010 :  3:57:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit rabar's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
The Spell of the Sensuous by David Abrams.

Have spent a month with this book. Very, very rich!
The Cree Indian quote about how owls find stuttering funny
took me to 'The Language of The Birds,' next in line.
Go to Top of Page

rabar

USA
64 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2010 :  2:01:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit rabar's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
More info on the above-mentioned book:

"The Language of the Birds: Tales, Texts and Poems of Interspecies Communication"
Edited with an Introduction and Notes by David M. Guss, North Point Press, San Francisco, (1985)

Edited by - rabar on Feb 06 2010 3:28:19 PM
Go to Top of Page

Rael

USA
173 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2010 :  7:10:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Rael's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi

quote:
Originally posted by crazymandrew

I think it is a huge "boost" on the path....for me, there is nothing like a good hike up a mountain followed by a mountain top meditation and then a good hike back down the mountain. I even do this in the winter it's so good

Love.

Hi Carson!...You are hard-core! Even in the Winter!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Rael

USA
173 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2010 :  7:19:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Rael's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Hari

Here's an excerpt for those of you who are interested:

http://www.primitivism.com/ecology-magic.htm

Interesting Hari!

Edited by - Rael on Feb 07 2010 7:37:43 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000