New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Frank-in-SanDiego

USA
363 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2006 :  06:53:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Frank-in-SanDiego's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hari Om
~~~~~~~

Hello Sparkle/Etherfish,
thanks for your contributions and thoughts... good points made.

Peace,

Frank In San Diego
Go to Top of Page

Frank-in-SanDiego

USA
363 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2006 :  07:05:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Frank-in-SanDiego's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hari Om
~~~~~~

Hello,
I thought I would finally post one of the 3 things I find most amazing.

In the Bhagavad-gita, Krisha ( who is the embodiment of Pure Consciousness) says:
patram--a leaf; puspam--a flower; phalam--a fruit; toyam--water; yah--whoever; me--unto Me; bhaktya--with devotion; prayacchati--offers; tat--that; aham--I; bhakti-upahrtam--offered in devotion; asnami--accept; prayata-atmanah--of one in pure consciousness.
If one offers Me with love and devotion a leaf, a flower, fruit or water, I will accept it.

For those that practice Sanatana Dharma - this offering of a leaf, fruit, water, etc is done on a regular basis and called puja from "puj" to worship honor,or serve. The offerer is called the Pujari.

What is amazing is that the Infinite accepts this, and keeps it simple. Offerings of simple things , a leaf, water, etc. and that one can do this without financial pinch.

The profound part is once a person is Enlightened , each and every action is an offering to Brahman - the offer, the offering and the offerer (Pujari) are all Brahman as is an offering; Every action becomes a spiritual action. How then could someone not be doing the will of God in this state? This is the goal for all seekers, and the beneficiaries are society as a whole.

Brahmavid brahmaiva bhavati
The knower of Brahman is Brahman itself -Mundaka Upanishad

Frank In San Diego

Edited by - Frank-in-SanDiego on Jan 28 2006 07:45:27 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000