Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 spreading the word
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Guy_51

USA
170 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2006 :  1:33:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Guy_51's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi all, my name is Guy Dawson I live in upstate NY.I've been doing the meditation for just over 1 month and have not missed a sitting.Whenever I read any of Yogani's writings I can tell in my heart that this it is TRUTH,however I can't say I've experienced pure bliss consciousness.I know a month is not a long time but to be honest I have my days of doubt.As much as I want to spread the teaching I feel a little reluctant to try to spread something that I myself don't fully understand.In reading The Secrets of Wilder it all seems so easy,just get touched on the breastbone and KABOOM. I realize there are no shortcuts but somehow somewhere there must be someway to receieve some outside help or a "jumpstart". Please if anybody has any suggestions it would be most welcomed.Have root seat will travel.Peace,Love and Blessings to all. Guy

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2006 :  4:05:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Guy,
10 yrs is not a long time in meditation never mind 1 month.There are ways of boosting progress but you need to be careful as some can lead to overdose.Yogani cautions over practice to prevent adverse side effects.In my lineage there are no restrictions on meditation time but one has to be mindful of the cleansing effects you experience.In other words if you are prepared to push your practices, then you must be prepared for the chance of severe cleansing effects.I am sure yogani will tell you that it's not worth it but it's down to the individual and you must be aware that pushing too hard can lead to severe cleansing effects.
L&L
Dave

'the mind can see further than the eyes'
Go to Top of Page

yogani99

USA
153 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2006 :  4:51:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani99's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Guy:

I think it has been said in here somewhere before: The "tapping" of the breastbone in the Secrets of Wilder is a literary metaphor for the passing of the knowledge. Which is not to say there is no energy transfer involved -- a boost of sorts. But it comes mainly from the inside. In fact, I sometimes tell people that the first time one sits to meditate with "I AM" they are tapped from the inside. There is an inspiring Rumi quote along those lines: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....TOPIC_ID=606

There are all sorts of energy "jump starts." The most important one comes from our ongoing bhakti (desire for God or Truth). With that occurring, all other stimuli will appear to do wonders. Whatever else may seem be going on, it is an inside job from start to finish.

Wishing you the best on your path. Enjoy!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

mystiq

India
62 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2006 :  02:32:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit mystiq's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Robert The journey is as enjoyable as the destination. Enjoy the ride.

mystiq
Go to Top of Page

Guy_51

USA
170 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2006 :  09:22:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Guy_51's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Mystiq, Thank you for the reassuring words. Guy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000