AYP Home | Main Lessons | Tantra Lessons | AYP Plus | Retreats | AYP Books
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Jnana Yoga/Self-Inquiry - Advaita (Non-Duality)
 The non dualistic (advaitist) problem
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Johnc

Australia
4 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2010 :  9:00:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Johnc's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
deleted

Edited by - Johnc on Jan 15 2010 5:19:23 PM

adamantclearlight

USA
410 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2010 :  01:00:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit adamantclearlight's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Try to let the discourse in your head settle down. When yoga practice begins to bear fruit, a swarm of mental activity begins. You basically have to relax into it. In other words, try to chill out a little bit. Pace yourself in your practice, but allow mental activity to dissolve into meditation.

Adamant
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2010 :  02:41:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi John and Adamant, and you're welcome to the forums John good to have you around.

honestly that's a lot of baggage you're carrying there, everyone usually does but there's something which you can do about it; you really don't have to. You know!

what works for me and makes me stay stable and at peace here in the now without most of that good for nothing mental baggage is 2 times daily AYP session and Self enquiry throughout most of the day which isn't a hard thing really once it becomes automatic and that doesn't take a lot of time.

it's good that you know about Yogani, but i suggest you read and practice the words of people like father Anthony De Mello "in the book awareness" and learn Sri Ramana Maharshi's method of Self enquiry that stuff might do you a lot of help.

oh and Yogani's samyama habbit is a good one as well.

pick what suits you best, and enjoy.

namaste

Go to Top of Page

Johnc

Australia
4 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2010 :  02:45:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Johnc's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
deleted

Edited by - Johnc on Jan 15 2010 5:19:54 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2010 :  05:47:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
with all due respect, where's debate going to take us it's all just a waste of time.

would you rather get the poison strictly out! or argue about what it's composed of and how it works on your body...

and yes you can lie down and it will all go away... you can have peace just like that it's all in your hand.

just practice and be at peace!

as Swami Sivananda says: an hour of practice is worth a hundred years of learning and reading about philosophy.

namaste
Go to Top of Page

adamantclearlight

USA
410 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2010 :  12:20:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit adamantclearlight's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I second Ananda. Philosophy is going no where and those debates are just a cause of tail chasing. All problems dissolve into the natural awareness. Live in a spirit of acceptance of your circumstances, and practice meditation. It's the best remedy I have found for all my personal issues. The main thing is to let go and allow it all to dissolve. I wish you the best. If you are adamant about your philosophical point, perhaps you could state it in a clear short sentence. What you wrote above is confusing.

Adamant
Go to Top of Page

Johnc

Australia
4 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2010 :  4:04:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Johnc's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
deleted

Edited by - Johnc on Jan 15 2010 5:20:24 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2010 :  4:39:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
alright i'll say it according to my own experience, letting all that mental baggage melt in stillness brings forward peace, stability and loving service to others.

stages or not i simply don't care about these, i just live in the now in the best way i know of.

vigilance, burning bhakti the kind of do or die are all here, but again out of my own experience got tired from hitting in walls and learned it the hard way that i should go step by step and enjoy the whole thing minute to minute with the right attitude (in loving surrender).

in the end we don't have nothing but the now so why not live in it and be at peace while we're at it.

concerning the AYP philosophy, i don't see AYP as a philosophy it's an experiential way with practices at it's foundation and i am here because the practices work and they are making my life better and richer.

i don't know if you call this philosophy but personally i see AYP as a follow your heart kind of path...

light and love,

Ananda

p.s:
quote:
It's simple, I am in illusion because I'm not God, never was or ever will be.

again according to my own experience and not according to what anyone of our great beloved saints says:
All is God, all is pointing toward the Self and nothing is separate from it down to the lowliest kind of stuff your mind can imagine.
Go to Top of Page

Johnc

Australia
4 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2010 :  5:44:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Johnc's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
deleted

Edited by - Johnc on Jan 15 2010 5:20:48 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2010 :  01:43:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
no worries my friend, in the end each to his own sailing boat.

take care bro and i wish you all the best on your path.

namaste
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000