AYP Home | Main Lessons | Tantra Lessons | AYP Plus | Retreats | AYP Books
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Jnana Yoga/Self-Inquiry - Advaita (Non-Duality)
 Another question regarding lesson 356
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2009 :  03:38:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Please bare with me these days. I have to ask a question of the newbie kind cause I am so confused.

In lesson 356 Yogani says
quote:
If there is strain, expectation, intellectualizing, judgment, frustration, headache, etc., those would be signs of non-relational self-inquiry and it is best to lighten up (self-pace) in those instances. With the rise of inner silence (witness), those symptoms will be less present, and we will simply be noticing thoughts and feelings to be objects in our awareness, no longer classifying them or hanging on to them, no longer seeing them as extensions of our self, or as "baggage" to be carried around. They will be seen to be outside our sense of self. If inquiry is increasingly joyful and luminous, through both "good times" and "bad times," we can be sure it is becoming relational. That is, released in stillness (the witness).

May I ask if and if so, how energy is related to relational inquiry? When I go into or approach what I call "the witnessing" of body, thoughts and emotions it always brings some sort of shift in the energy body. There's a sinking feeling, into the stomach, or there's an expansion of the awareness field a couple of meters outside the body, a sensation that the body is not being "mine", or there's strong crown activity happening and most commonly there's this slow motion wave of energy just pulsing through the system.

I just want to know if that could be produced by the mind watching the mind from non-relational inquiry? If that is so, I must stop interpreting those energy reactions as if I'm somewhat on the right track. Then it would be just a play which is not guiding me in any way. I notice that I am now doing that interpretation automatically, connecting such energetic sensations to going into non-duality. But if that's just another sign of energies being able to play for ever and it's not related to transition into any Real witnessing I must drop that association.

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2009 :  05:16:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi emc,

I would say that these are symptoms arising due to relational self-inquiry. When the witness is present, then self-inquiry practice can bring us into a meditative state and that can effect our awareness of the enrgy body, and it can effect the way in which energy flows within us (kundalini).

So because relational self-inquiry can bring about the same effects as other spiritual practices, if you are already pushing the envelope energy-wise, you need to be careful and self-pace accordingly. If you are not experiencing anything uncomfortable, then all the symptoms that you describe above, in my experience, are nothing to worry about and are a normal part of the process of enlightenment.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2009 :  3:05:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Emc :)

quote:
Originally posted by emc

May I ask if and if so, how energy is related to relational inquiry? When I go into or approach what I call "the witnessing" of body, thoughts and emotions it always brings some sort of shift in the energy body. There's a sinking feeling, into the stomach, or there's an expansion of the awareness field a couple of meters outside the body, a sensation that the body is not being "mine", or there's strong crown activity happening and most commonly there's this slow motion wave of energy just pulsing through the system.

You know, from what you describe, it sounds to me like you are entering the heart space. Really, you are quite advanced! You could probably slay people in the spirit, heal others (or cause a shift in their consciousness/light body that would heal, as you have mentioned you can heal others in other posts) and perform many miraculous feats.

I would recommend that you read this topic and watch all the youtube videos that have been posted. You will see people shake (probably like you do, from the Benny Hinn videos), you will see people being healed and Robert Bartlett's interpretation of Quantum Physics might add to your perspective.

Here is the topic:
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=6888

Hopefully this will give you more insight. The genie is out of the bottle, might as well learn what the genie can do now.. :)

:)
TI
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2009 :  4:24:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi, thanks a lot! Your heart goes through here!

T_I, thanks. Yes, things do happen around here sometimes. I'll check the vid's out.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000