Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Multiple Shaktipat?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wakeupneo

USA
171 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2010 :  10:41:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit wakeupneo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Is there any risk associated in receiving Shaktipat from more than one, multiple gurus?

Not neccessarily on the energetic level, but it seems that such initiation perhaps on an esoteric binds you to that particular guru. Might there be some conflict of interest, sort of speak:)

Love,
J

Edited by - AYPforum on Jun 10 2012 5:35:43 PM

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2010 :  11:26:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi J,
I have had multiple shaktipat but only from my sadguru and not from another.There are several points associated with shaktipat from a guru.When you receive shaktipat you are receiving the guru's personal vibrations which in time one assimilates, mixing vibrations may not be wise.When you get shaktipat you are normally given the 'guru mantra', one that the guru has siddhi of and his energy is also in the mantra making for greater connection and effect.In my expereince these mantras are more powerful and have greater effect than 'normal' mantras.Apart from this when one gets shaktipat you are connected to the guru energetically and you feed your sadhana by tapping into his energies. Basically he is the battery and you are the lamp trying to stay alight or shining at full power.This is the role of the guru in the relationship.
You ask the question as if you do not understand this role and so I am explaining it. Shaktipat can be a shortcut for awakening shakti and also a safer way of awakening shakti but it's a long way from the end of the road in most cases.
Basically shaktipat from a competent shaktipat guru will make redundant the practices required to awaken shakti.You will still need to do daily sadhana possibly for many years or lifetimes.I hope this helps.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2010 :  1:28:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi J....

If you haven't yet, you may want to read this lesson here: http://www.aypsite.org/146.html which is about receiving darshan/shaktipat. It doesn't talk about "multiple" shaktipats, but it is an informative lesson regardless.

Personally, about a year ago I received a "distance" shaktipat from a guru in the Siddha Yoga tradition, but the effects received then were basically all "perception based"....changes in perspective occured, but very little energetically. In November last year, I received shaktipat in a dream...this one was MUCH more energetically influencing and I am still stabalizing the energetic effects from this dream (I wrote about this here: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=6737 ). I don't know what the effects would be when receiving multiple shaktipats, but I would wonder why you feel the need to receive them at all....as the lesson linked to above says; "When the bhakti is intense, the energy will flow from somewhere, from everywhere. So, shaktipat really has its origin in the aspirant, not in anyone else." All is within and it is not necessary to look outside of yourself for anything...even shaktipat.

Hope this helps.

Love.

Edited by - CarsonZi on Jan 12 2010 1:30:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2010 :  2:02:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
"When the bhakti is intense, the energy will flow from somewhere, from everywhere. So, shaktipat really has its origin in the aspirant, not in anyone else."

Yes.
Go to Top of Page

ryansmith

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2010 :  11:58:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit ryansmith's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
A real spiritual master is not doing anything, rather the energy/source/tao is running through him to the recipient. So for these masters, the energy should be pretty similar. I have had shaktipats from 3 different masters and each practiciner has there own flavor, some more yin, others more yang. But if the master is genuine and has a clean energy, it should not matter (from my experiecne and what I've been told)
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2010 :  8:06:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by wakeupneo

Is there any risk associated in receiving Shaktipat from more than one, multiple gurus?

Nope.

True shaktipat is the conveying of the experience of true nature, at whatever level of consciousness the recipient can experience it.

Most recipients experience shaktipat at more of an energy level than an emptiness level (which is the full experience) ... but the energy works via the perceptions in mind, the perception of time .... it's the experience of emptiness/self in slo-mo, basically.

A guru cannot *be* different than you; a guru can only *seem* to be different than you.

You, Guru A, Guru B and Guru C are all perceptions in the awareness/consciousness emptiness/self that you .... that we each and all ... actually ever are, now.

Self and Other is a very artificial division.

It's more a cycle of emptiness-form-emptiness.

Ego-mind has become frozen in perceptions of focus on form.

Shaktipat helps melt us.

That's why it's so wonderful.

Wholeheartedly,

Kirtanman

Go to Top of Page

Emil

Australia
141 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2010 :  02:31:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Carson,
I think it's all a matter of sensitivity. Some people need a lot of shaktipats and dikshas for things to get going.

I have received distant shaktipats from Siddha Yoga twice but it wasn't very strong. The effect that I felt was similar to what people feel when I give them a blessing (I learned to give blessings in a 10 days course by Oneness University). Also when you read that phrase about bhakti you should factor the sensitivity again. People often believe I have an overflow of bhakti. I practice daily, go to pilgrimages, read scriptures, watch my diet,... but the energy does not flow from anywhere. Or maybe it does but it's not enough to have an effect. Months and years go by and my meditations don't get any deeper.
Go to Top of Page

_Yogi_

USA
26 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2011 :  08:19:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I would think no. There is a transmission of energy going on between people all the time.
Go to Top of Page

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2011 :  1:32:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi wakeupneo,

I received Shaktipat in June,and nothing much happened until recently. I'm glad I stuck with it, because now I am experiencing shakti-kundalini in the most marvelous ways! I personaly don't think more of shaktipat is needed. A lot of people expect the lightening bolt to jolt the process forward, when next to nil does this ever happen. And when nothing much happens, they quit.

Kirtanman, I didn't know you received shaktipat! Can you elaborate?!

nirmal
Go to Top of Page

Bamboo

Australia
5 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2011 :  04:21:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bamboo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Neo - I can let you know from my own experience that multiple shaktipats while not needed can be profoundly helpful, I received shaktipat initially through casual contact with a Western Siddha and this powerful event catalysed a deep and radical shift, yet, as fortune would have it, I went on to receive shaktipat from Gurus belonging to many traditions on many occasions over the years. You will find that teachers such as Shankaracharya of Sadhana Ashram in the USA for example offer regular Shaktipat events and encourage disciples to partake often, in each encounter with the flow of life energy that infuses the aspirants subtle body in these "happenings" called shaktipat- subtle blockages within the central channel are removed in the sheer force of energetic flow - the result is a deeper experience of the inner Self (universal Consciousness). Open up to God, the best thing is a deep yearning for the Absolute Truth, you need to unite your own intention with that of the Kundalini which is only this - To return Home to Shiva. With this deep soulful yearning, all kinds of forces are mobilised within you and you find things start to shift from the inside and out. I hope this helps. Jai Ma
Go to Top of Page

kannada

Australia
29 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2011 :  03:17:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit kannada's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi folks,

Shakti and Shaktipat are very much misunderstood. Shakti is the intelligence of nature, it lies dormant within all form as involute (involved) within material form. The guru or initiator has an 'awakened' or evolute (evolved) shakti within him / her. It is that evolute life force that is transmitted in diksha or initiation. The idea that an evolute shakti that lies ready within all beings is nonsense, if it were not then all we would need to do is simply call upon this awakened (evolute) force to enlighten us when we so desired - it just doesn't happen. This is the reason why candidates need to be initiated into Shaktipat diksha - from someone who has this awakened evolute intelligence of nature actively developing (or developed) within him / her and manifesting as those classic symptoms when kundalini is awakened and guided by that (intelligent) life-force.

Shaktipat is not the instant, or even a quick path to enlightenment, as is often touted - or marketed. Shaktipat causes many subtle experiences to happen in order to purify the nadis so that spiritual experiences can manifest within the physical body. One needs to clearly understand what enlightenment is if one is truly seeking it (see my other site - http://the-dharmin.com/). Enlightenment is the absence of duality, the absence of 'I' and 'other'. Dropping these notions does more to 'enlighten' someone in the short term than the workings of Shaktipat in quite an extended period. It is true that Shaktipat will eventually enlighten, or burn out the sense of 'self' and 'other' but that is more an inevitability after its main role of spiritualization has occurred.

In the tradition that my initiation came from, there is only one good old-fashioned all purpose Shaktipat. There maybe many initiators but only one Shakti-pat. One should clearly discern the difference between Shaktipat and gradated prana or chi energizations that may have a short term appearance of initiation, but no long lasting - and more importantly - cumulative effect. Any candidate seeking initiation should ask many questions of their initiator and not proceed until they get clear answers as to what exactly they are getting themselves into and what they are likely to receive from initiation.

Also, one should not blame an initiator for no real noticing of results. If the initiator has truly been initiated then he cannot fail to initiate others (provided of course the Shakti has gained sufficient strength within him or her). My initiator was a global initiator who initiated tens of thousands of people. Some thirty years hence how many have developed their initiation to become fully fledged initiators in their own right? The snowball effect of such an initiator would now have millions of of initiators if they had all pursued their practice. The answer of course is very few. The immediate initiation effects of Shaktipat in most westerners lies somewhere between unnoticeable and barely noticeable.

Of course there are a few 'lucky' ones who have substantial experiences from the outset. These 'lucky' ones are either karmically ripe or have a practice that just screams out for initiation. Most westerners are very slow on the uptake (to say the least). They need to develop an extreme sensitivity to the subtle body that permeates the physical, learn to relax deeply whilst maintaining an upright seated position where the spine is free to move where it will and / or just wait for something to happen - for perhaps a long time. Needless to say not all succeed, many give up or just move on to the next initiator. I always think that it's best to dig one well thirty feet deep that to dig three wells ten feet deep. So if anyone has undergone initiation I suggest they stick with it until things start happening.

All the best...

quote:
Originally posted by wakeupneo

Not neccessarily on the energetic level, but it seems that such initiation perhaps on an esoteric binds you to that particular guru. Might there be some conflict of interest, sort of speak:)

Love,
J

Edited by - kannada on Dec 29 2011 07:03:50 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000