Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Overwhelmed by realizations / ideas
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JohnQ

USA
1 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2010 :  4:50:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit JohnQ's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi,

Beginning meditator here. When I meditate, or just when I have a quiet moment to look at life, I have a lot of realizations and ideas on how to live life better, on how to approach life better, on how to have a better attitude, on how to be more productive, etc. I also read a lot about these in various self-help sources.

Even though many of these ideas are very good / helpful, I am often overwhelmed by them. One thing that's helped is that I've started writing them down. But it is still overwhelming. I want to write down all the ideas because each individual one is good and helpful and I am afraid of forgetting it. But there are too many and I worry about remembering and following all of them.

How do I deal with this? Now that I am meditating twice a day, should I continue with trying to remember / write down all these good ideas? Or, will the practice transform me such that the ideas will no longer be necessary?

Thanks for any advice and ideas. :)

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2010 :  5:09:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by JohnQ

How do I deal with this? Now that I am meditating twice a day, should I continue with trying to remember / write down all these good ideas? Or, will the practice transform me such that the ideas will no longer be necessary?

Right now it is all new to the mind, so there is wanting to gasp every bit of it so as not to lose it. Whatever is being revealed to you is all coming form in you... which means you already know all of this... as the cloud covers are parting (due to meditation), you see the sun rays filter through them... the sun has always been there.

If you feel better about writing them down go ahead. If not, let it go. You wont lose anything. And you will know what you need to know when you need to know it. Any time you are in stillness you will have access to all the stuff being revealed to you now.

Welcome to the AYP forums John.
Thank you for joining us and wish you the best in your chosen path.
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2010 :  1:54:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I can relate to this as well. it is like my IQ increases by 50 points when I am meditating. Many answers come up, many things I need to do now, etc.. etc... it also came up many ideas of why I should quit meditating at that moment and go do some of the things that came to mind. however, now meditation time is meditaton time.
best to you on your journey
brother Neil
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000