Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Premature crown opening. Help?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

brunoloff

Netherlands
47 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2010 :  8:44:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit brunoloff's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have worked with the chakras without actually knowing what I was doing very well. Basically I knew where they where, and how they connected.

I knew of the ajna. I knew of its connection to the crown which begins by being closed.

I have made a somewhat diligent effort in clearing this connection, along with everything else. Result seems to be a premature crown opening. It tingles frequently, there are great pulls of energy that build up until they go there. The process has come to happen during the last few days, I can not say whether it accelerates or moves at the same rhythm.

I am asking for help in this matter in the most open-ended way you can possibly offer. Both to those with authority and to those with experience, I ask for advice. For those with siddhi abilities, I ask that they offer what help they can give so that this happens in the best possible way; my name is Bruno Loff, I am from Portugal.

Some specific questions:
- Can I tense up the ajna-crown channel again? Or will focusing on it just open it up even more?
- Can I slow down the cycles "whole-body purification => crown integration" in any way?
- Sleeping has been hard for some nights. How can I sleep more? Or rest anyway.
- What are the expected effects on the body? What precautions should I take?
- What measures do I take to keep my sanity? I have already written a list of qualities to continuously remember - Calm, Ground, Love, Nothing Else. Nothing else is so that I don't buy into phenomenal crap. Is this appropriate?
- Where should I preferably place my focus? I'm thinking "Silence" or "Breath".

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2010 :  03:10:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi Bruno, and welcome to the forums.

1st don't worry a lot and second the solution is very simple:

practice spinal breathing for 5 minutes followed by the deep meditation session and check out this lesson please: http://www.aypsite.org/69.html.

i've been where you're at more than once and spinal breathing always seems to be the cure.

don't practice outside your daily session try and eat some heavy foods and whenever those energy surges come up try and redirect them toward the ajna the upheaval will settle down in less than a week according to my own experience.

the lessons on SBP, DM are on the left of the screen check them out and in case you haven't you can check the lessons on the crown as well.

best wishes Ananda
Go to Top of Page

brunoloff

Netherlands
47 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2010 :  05:38:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit brunoloff's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I wrote that last email during a panic attack. I now try to catch fear early as it arises, so it doesn't gain momentum like that.

Are you sure I should do more spinal breathing? Because I have been doing spinal breathing for the last few days and it is in fact what seemed to trigger all this motion; the conductance in the spine is pretty good, too, it feels a bit like a pulsing electric cable sucking up stuff through the base into the ajna. Though my metabolism does not seem to be particularly higher. Also there is a lot of automatic yoga going on that I have a hard time to suppress, my focus just goes there, releases, and then I realize "oh, I'm doing it again!".

I am also out of a job, so I don't really have anything to do during daytime. Any recommendations? I'm guessing any focus demanding task that lets the energy do whatever it wants? How about tai chi? Or shouldn't I just stop meditation altogether?
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2010 :  05:56:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
again check out lesson 69 it has everything you need to know about kundalini imbalances and remedies in it.

and in case spinal breathing is what's causing the overloading symptoms than it's obvious that you should self pace it.

Tai chi is good for someone with an ongoing kundalini, Yogani practices it himself.

don't stop any of your practices unless you feel like it's really needed, just shorten the time and experience and see what works out best for you.

and since you have a lot of spare time on your hands, take on some sports and go on long walks and be mindful in every step redirect the energy to the ground to the plants and the trees around you that's my own version of walking or you could just go on walking and forget about it all just go at it without the mental baggage.

do a search on self pacing around the forums and see what works best for you.

kindest regards,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

brunoloff

Netherlands
47 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2010 :  12:19:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit brunoloff's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ok Ananda,

I'm going to keep you updated on this thread.

The body shaking subsided a bit (it seems more subtle), but now I have a low fever of 37ºC/98.6ºF. I'm usually a 35.5-36ºC (96-97ºF). I just realized that this kind of shaking also happens sometimes on a fever rise because of illnesses. Only for the amount of shaking I've been subject to, the actual rise is surprisingly low. Anything I should know about fever/purification? Should I take action if it gets very high?
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2010 :  6:56:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Bruno, welcome to the forums

If spinal breathing is making it worse, then definitely consider cutting back on the time (or stopping it altogether).

Can you give more info about your spiritual practice? What practices are you engaged in, how often, how long, etc.? It would help to know this, so the right recommendations can be made.

For example, if you're doing mantra meditation daily, it may be necessary to cut back on the time or switch to a milder form of meditation (i.e. breath meditation). Some people even need to stop meditation altogether for a period of time.

Without knowing the particulars, the general advice is to do a lot of grounding activity and get more engaged in "normal" life. Grounding activity would be physical activities, exercise, socializing, manual labor, being outdoors, eating heavier foods, etc. Anything to keep active and avoid thinking about spiritual matters for a while.

Doing squats and push-ups can really help. Lifting weights also, if you're in decent shape. Asanas can sometimes help, but proceed with caution because they can aggravate the energy in some cases.

If you're having a fever or other serious physical symptoms, please seek medical attention. Feelings of heat can accompany kundalini, but you don't want to rule out a medical condition. If there's an ayurvedic practitioner in your area, they can give you dietary advice that may assist you.

Again, more details on your practices would be good to know.

Hope this helps!

Peace
cosmic
Go to Top of Page

brunoloff

Netherlands
47 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2010 :  04:38:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit brunoloff's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you cosmic.

The fever seems clearly related to the dissolution process that is going on all over the body. Yesterday I went to a Chi Kung/Qigong class and the fever went down afterwards. The tremors diminished a lot also. However it is clear that the process is still going on, and I would like for it to slow down. Getting grounded seems to be a very good idea.

I've thus stopped all meditation, pranayama, etc, and I'm only doing very basic grounding Chi Kung exercises such as abdominal breathing and leg work. According to the recommendation of my Chi Kung teacher, I'm also drinking a lot of water and tea.

I have a bit of a hard time finding stuff to do that are grounding in the more common sense. Not only I am on a leave from my job, but my job consisted of reading math papers, which isn't particularly physical. I'll try to go out every day and be with friends and family, take plenty of slow walks while observing people and the outside (I found this to be very good, and it also slowly dissolves my depression-acquired disdain for people and the world), we'll see how it progresses.

Giggle,
Bruno
Go to Top of Page

markern

Norway
171 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2010 :  2:41:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit markern's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
What you are doing seems like a very good idea. Tai chi and qigong can be very grounding and good at smoothing things out. Is embracing the horse one of the things your teacher had you do? It is a classical grounding position and I was adviced to do it twice a day for 10-15 minutes and imagine roots into the earth. MAybe ask your teacher about it.

One thing you can do for sure that should help grounding is use the spleen sound from the six healing sounds. There should be a bunch of videos on youtube where you can hear the sound. Use it 3,6,9,12,15,18,21 times. You could add in the emotions and coolours as well. You could also do the whole six healing sounds but the spleen sound is the most important as it controls the earth element and will make you much more earthy once you get going. Massaging the spleen is also good.

YOu could also learn the secret smile which is a meditation done to smooth things out and is used in the kundalini awakening process system as a prep for kundalini. You can find instructions for it on thetaobums.com if you use the search function.

Belly breathing is great as it grounds your energy.

Gross physical exercise is good. Pilates is also great because it will make energy go to your dan tien through teaching you to use your muscles from the center.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2010 :  4:26:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by brunoloff

Ok Ananda,

I'm going to keep you updated on this thread.

The body shaking subsided a bit (it seems more subtle), but now I have a low fever of 37ºC/98.6ºF. I'm usually a 35.5-36ºC (96-97ºF). I just realized that this kind of shaking also happens sometimes on a fever rise because of illnesses. Only for the amount of shaking I've been subject to, the actual rise is surprisingly low. Anything I should know about fever/purification? Should I take action if it gets very high?

hello again Bruno, heat is usually one of the very common symptoms of kundalini overload and it's an obvious sign for self pacing.

just try to be mindful and ground yourself in the now just stay here whenever you feel this energy stuff going higher don't indulge it and go toward the crown; rather you can redirect it toward the ajna if you can.

if you follow the instructions in lesson 69 things will calm down in time i am sure of that.

most importantly and i hope that you won't have to learn this lesson the hard way like i did but "less is more" with people like us.

self pace for now and let things settle down for a month or two than you can experience with other practices there's no need to rush we are where we should be.

in case your bhakti for the spiritual stuff is very intense than i suggest you go on practicing the method of Self enquiry taught by
Sri Ramana Maharshi just stay with the I or be aware like Anthony De Mello says.

according to my own experience it's a safe practice which becomes automatic in time and bring forth more grounding in the here and now and in every action.

anyways the best solution for kundalini overload IMHO is heavy food and lots of sports.

namaste
Go to Top of Page

brunoloff

Netherlands
47 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2010 :  5:30:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit brunoloff's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello,

Thank you all for your suggestions! The weekend was distinctly calmer, and Sunday in particular was very calm.

So today I decided to do 10 minutes of DM in the morning, to see what effect it would have. The day went pretty OK, although I could feel a slight increase in energetic activity when compared to Sunday. The crown still tingles, and energy definitely seems to want to go there, but there is little strain of any kind in the body. I'm somewhat effortfully not stimulating it in any way. When will it be ok to go to the crown and have cessations, I mean, how can I tell when it is ok?

I seem to have acquired an ability to have moments of calm silence; I'll close my eyes, take a deep breath, relax, and "touch silent awareness" or something like that. It only lasts a few instants, but I usually come back from these moments with better concentration.

Also I wanted to see whether this "calmness" thing affected my ability to engage in emotional states, or to be completely involved in a conversation, and I am happy to say it actually doesn't. It seems that while things might take longer to "get started" from the basis of tranquility, once something does gets started, it goes deeper than it used to, while simultaneously there is little tendency to get "lost" in the situation. E.g., I can engage very emotionally in a conversation, but even then I don't get carried away.

Meanwhile, I became very curious with Qigong, in particular the DVD's "Understanding Qigong" by this Yang fellow. I like knowing about the inside of the car, energy channels etc, rather than just driving it, i.e. doing SBP. In one of the DVDs he teaches about the "small circulation" or "microcosmic orbit", which I guess is what is being worked on in SBP?

Bruno
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2010 :  8:17:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

When will it be ok to go to the crown and have cessations, I mean, how can I tell when it is ok?

Hi Bruno, I'm not sure what you mean by "have cessations", but in AYP we normally avoid the crown until much later on. It's probably best to wait until the crown starts opening naturally on its own (as long as it's not premature), before consciously doing any work there.

When that time comes, you can occasionally test the crown over a period of time to see if it's stable. Yogani talks about it in these lessons:

http://www.aypsite.org/199.html
http://www.aypsite.org/287.html

Right now I'm in the process of testing the crown. The way I know it's okay to test it is: 1.) my practice has been stable for about 2 years and 2.) the crown has been opening naturally for about 1 year. But I'll continue to test it for at least another 6 months before I even consider doing any work there.

quote:

In one of the DVDs he teaches about the "small circulation" or "microcosmic orbit", which I guess is what is being worked on in SBP?

There are some differences between SBP and microcosmic orbit, which have been discussed here:

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=4064
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=1474

Peace
cosmic
Go to Top of Page

brunoloff

Netherlands
47 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2010 :  6:05:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit brunoloff's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
By "cessation" I mean the classical "cessation of body and mind" or "nirvana" experience. I kind of fell into meditation because I had a kundalini awakening, induced by an LSD trip a little over a year ago. So my retreat was supposed to be pure insight meditation, Daniel Ingram/Mahasi Sayadaw style, and this kind of meditation promotes the cessation experience all the way. It seems that without kundalini awakening people can have cessations over and over again without suffering that tremendous pull of energy, because the root chakra isn't open. But I deliberately opened mine, as well as every other chakra and the third-eye to crown channel. So there is kind of a complete freeway from root to crown which now it seems I must handle delicately.

In fact, today my crown activity is going high again. Furthermore there's all sort of openings in the front channel. I became able to play notes on the saxophone that I couldn't before, and I now realize that I couldn't play them because the front of the body was in constant tension. I wonder if all professional sax players have open front channels?!

Seemingly associated with the front channel, I have some unpleasant activity in the heart/pericardium area (don't know which). It could be best described as fluttering, and small electrical jolts; there is sometimes a little pain associated with these jolts, but not with the fluttering/pressure, which is just unconfortable. It is a bit scary. I find that I get easily scared about this sort of "extra sensations" in areas where I could usually feel nothing, e.g. I am sometimes afraid to have a heart attack. I read that other people get heart stuff too, which is reassuring, and I remember having a bit of this a few years ago; at that time I did an EEG and there was nothing.

My general perspective on these "openings" is that I let them happen when they want to, but slowly if possible. The area "wanting to" open corresponds to a specific sensation of "pull" or "tension yearning for release". However I sometimes can't shake the impression that I inadvertently do subtle things that cause more and more release, such as paying attention to specific areas at "just the right moment", or craving for excitation when things get calm.

There is so much contradictory information! Mantak Chia recommends opening the microcosmic orbit before doing any form of energy cultivation, but my Chi Kung teacher today said that I should work on the abdomen before anything else. It is somewhat hard to keep energy levels from rising. Would getting physically tired help? I'm afraid that exercise might excite me even more.
Go to Top of Page

brunoloff

Netherlands
47 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2010 :  05:49:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit brunoloff's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Although I still get feelings in the crown, they don't seem to grow into that scary pull. My condition seems to be stabilizing. I am now doing 2m SBP and 10m DM twice a day.

Thank you all for your support!

Edited by - brunoloff on Jan 22 2010 06:01:52 AM
Go to Top of Page

Emil

Australia
141 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2010 :  08:49:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Bruno,
It's worth having a look at this recent lesson. It has a balancing act for most people: http://www.aypsite.org/368.html
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000