Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Samyama: Technical questions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rael

USA
173 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2010 :  10:59:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rael's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi All....hope the New Year is treating you all very well!

I am looking into Samyama because i think it will be my next step (when ready) rather than Spinal Breathing. My life, as a whole, is so radically out of balance, that Samyama would seem a wise "blanket approach" to ironing things out. I don't feel that we have to suffer to get to our beautiful goals, and AYP methods are proof of that, as long as we are sensible.

From what i have read, it seems that Spinal breathing smooths connections between Shakti and Shakta, but concerns about my life as a whole are far more pressing than just my inner state. It may be that Samyama would more easily adjust my life if the conductivity from Spinal Breathing were more advanced, but i'm not an expert yet, so maybe someone could clear the details on this part for me? Yogani has said that one can skip to Samayama before Spinal Breathing, once silence is basically established. I have a pressing need to live the purposes of my existence without maximum interference, if possible.

1) In The Samayama text, Yogani states that whatever is deposited into our silent state, due to the nature of the process, the outcome will be beneficial and safe since it is put through the proper "channels".

Now, just speaking theoretically, should we want to help end the war, re-grow a bad tooth, dissolve the negative "strings" attached to self and others in the "past" to be replaced with better ones, prevent accidents, to be comfortable in harsh weather, be free (my fave).....how would we best formulate them for surrender, if we want to be creative about the approach to Samyama?

Would we let go of "The war's end" or surrender "Iraq's peace"?

Surrender "bad tooth"or "Healthy tooth"?

Surrender "negative strings" or "healthy strings"?

Surrender "accidents" or "safety"....

Surrender "coldness" or "warmth"?

"Bondage" or "freedom"...and so on, as examples.

A lot has relaxed inside me, when viewing life from the AYP perspective. I used to trust in myself the same way, but got lost somewhere along the road. I think that this system can refresh our youthful approach.

======================================================================

Another matter is that i am wondering if Samyama can be a tool for perfecting and regulating use of independent formulas. As mentioned elsewhere, i am listening to a recording of the Hebraic
prayer "Ana Bako'ach" ("The Miracle Prayer"...Tybro.com))from Genesis. It is known for it's healing properties and beneficial traits on many levels of existence.

I don't use it as a meditation because i intuit that the "special effects" might be a bit much from it, at my level. But if it were deposited in the stillness, by name, might it not be used safely when internalized/externalized by that stillness so that it would also be manifest in the best possible way? The listening is very soothing, but i will stay with just that for now. Could this be done with other such formuli? Some of the Hebraic practices have been known to blow students' minds...literally!

I was really impressed by the prayer and healing lesson. When i read it on New year's Day, feeling VERY down, it re-instilled faith in miracles and how we can make use of all of our potential, if we are able to get out of our own way. I like to and want to pray for people, and felt that there must be a way to turbo-charge this process. The Samyam(ic?) approach seems to be the one!

The question here, is that if we want to do this, need we wait until we are really complete in our basic practice of Deep Meditation or might we just do the best we can when we need to, in a given situation?

I was given good advice from another student (AYP) on how to release attached spirits, but my beliefs are not up to speed enough to be effective in pulling-off their successful evacuation. Could depositing my notion of them into the Samyama state cause them to leave, as well as stay away, if i also surrendered something like "spirit protection"? I also have friends/patients that seem to need some sort of systematic assistance in this.

Other than possible energetic over-load, are there any problematic effects from doing Samyama too early-on? Would it just be less effective, or are there other hidden factors afoot?

OK...Nappy time...WHEW!

Any input from you Smartsies out there is always deeply appreciated.

May miracles make your day

Love

Rael "The Question Master"!...

Edited by - Rael on Jan 03 2010 12:40:45 PM

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2010 :  7:20:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Rael,

There is a lot to be addressed in your post. Forgive my selective response. I doubt I can answer all your questions at this time. Hopefully others will chime in.

In my experience, samyama isn't very effective when we're attached to the results. Being too specific (i.e. "end the war") doesn't seem to work well either. Samyama is about surrendering to an inner intention (or direction), rather than achieving a certain result. Whatever intention you drop into samyama will translate into a quality of being. So if you use "Love" for example, it will gradually make you a more loving person. You might find that it does attract more love to you, but that would be a pleasant side effect of your new state of being (i.e. a more loving person).

Given your choices, I'd personally go with "Peace". "War" would probably be just as effective, so it's really a matter of preference. What aspect would you rather focus on? Removing conflict or creating more peace? On the same note, I'd simply go with "Tooth". Then trust the universe

This doesn't necessarily mean your tooth will grow back. You may find that doing samyama on it will give you an insight on how to take better care of the tooth, or give you the strength to deal with its loss. My point is that you can't micro-manage the end result, but the result will be positive.

Regarding your concern about starting samyama too early, the amount of inner silence you have will be the key factor. If there's a lot of inner silence, samyama will be more effective. Less inner silence, less effective. Personally, I've never overloaded from samyama, but I believe some here have. Overload is always a possibility when adding practices, no matter how mild. It's up to you to proceed with caution when you feel you're ready.

Hope this helps!

Happy new year

Love
cosmic
Go to Top of Page

Rael

USA
173 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2010 :  7:40:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Rael's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by cosmic

Hi Rael,

There is a lot to be addressed in your post. Forgive my selective response. I doubt I can answer all your questions at this time. Hopefully others will chime in.

In my experience, samyama isn't very effective when we're attached to the results. Being too specific (i.e. "end the war") doesn't seem to work well either. Samyama is about surrendering to an inner intention (or direction), rather than achieving a certain result. Whatever intention you drop into samyama will translate into a quality of being. So if you use "Love" for example, it will gradually make you a more loving person. You might find that it does attract more love to you, but that would be a pleasant side effect of your new state of being (i.e. a more loving person).

Given your choices, I'd personally go with "Peace". "War" would probably be just as effective, so it's really a matter of preference. What aspect would you rather focus on? Removing conflict or creating more peace? On the same note, I'd simply go with "Tooth". Then trust the universe

This doesn't necessarily mean your tooth will grow back. You may find that doing samyama on it will give you an insight on how to take better care of the tooth, or give you the strength to deal with its loss. My point is that you can't micro-manage the end result, but the result will be positive.

Regarding your concern about starting samyama too early, the amount of inner silence you have will be the key factor. If there's a lot of inner silence, samyama will be more effective. Less inner silence, less effective. Personally, I've never overloaded from samyama, but I believe some here have. Overload is always a possibility when adding practices, no matter how mild. It's up to you to proceed with caution when you feel you're ready.

Hope this helps!

Happy new year

Love
cosmic

Dear Cosmic, this actually helps AlOT!

Thank you

Blessings for the New Year

Sincerely

Rael!

Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2010 :  5:13:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Happy to hear it, Rael
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000