Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 Awesome Video on Perception & Reality
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2009 :  7:15:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message

http://www.perceivingreality.com/

If you like it, here's more kabbalah/consciousness info from the same group:

http://arionline.info/

"'Kabbalah' is 'Yoga' in Hebrew."
~Kirtanman

Shalom AUM Shanti,

Kirtanman

PS- Happy New Year to All!!

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2009 :  7:27:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Love it! (and the new [well old/refurbished]) computer I viewed it on.....)

Love.
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2009 :  7:36:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi

Love it! (and the new [well old/refurbished]) computer I viewed it on.....)

Love.

Cool .... very cool (glad you liked it; glad you can view videos!!) ...... and if you like THAT .... you're *really* gonna like THIS:

http://www.questionyourreality.com/

Click on "Freedom of Will" .... and then on "Can I Live A Spiritual Life If I Don't Believe in God?"

It's VERY nicely done; impressive, even!

Wholeheartedly,

Kirtanman

PS --- These guys are *GOOD*!! Click on "Freedom of Wil
l, and then "How do I get rid of my ego?" (Or whatever the exact phrasing is; I'm still listening to it, right now ..... ..... *VERY* well-done material ....

.... and it's material that doesn't require the slightest interest in Kabbalah, or Yoga ...... or anything other than the desire to live from fulfilled consciousness, and/or to share that fulfillment (two sides of the same One Coin, really).

ShalAUM!

Edited by - Kirtanman on Dec 31 2009 7:51:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2010 :  9:14:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for these great videos Kirtanman!
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2010 :  3:25:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Great find. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

YogaIsLife

641 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2010 :  4:05:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit YogaIsLife's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kirtanman, I agree these are amazing resources.

I have benefited from these videos, the first one, the FAQ and then the Lessons. It does make a lot of sense. What I took most from it was their explanation of desires and their relation to God/Creator. It definitely filled a gap I was not finding in Yoga or other traditions (Buddhism, etc.).

Their analysis of existence is also very good, well-rounded, almost universal even.

On the other hand they seem to be poor on practices and they even state that kabbalah (their version at least) is not related to meditation. I find that meditation is a great plus, to achieve exactly what they describe as the path and the goal - to feel and sense the Creator in us.

That is why I feel more and more that a more "effective" or "true" path is one of integration of several aspects of the different disciplines. And the one who choses and integrates - the inner guru of course! Who else?

It is also incredile how so many different traditions point to the same truth in so many ways. It is a beautiful thing to witness. It is like magnetic needles in different compasses all pointing to the same North.

I drink from Yoga mostly the vast energetic/mystical knowledge and the integrative open approach of body-mind-spirit, from Zen-like traditions the meditation style of "just sitting", where "less is more", from Buddhism the ethics/compassion, aestethics, and mind and emptiness knowledge, and now from Kabbalah I remembered about the function of desires, our intimate relation to the Creator through them, and the evolution of the soul. Beautiful!

We truly live in wonderful times of open knowledge available to more and more people. Let's take advantage of it
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2010 :  9:48:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by YogaIsLife

Hi Kirtanman, I agree these are amazing resources.

I have benefited from these videos, the first one, the FAQ and then the Lessons. It does make a lot of sense. What I took most from it was their explanation of desires and their relation to God/Creator. It definitely filled a gap I was not finding in Yoga or other traditions (Buddhism, etc.).

Their analysis of existence is also very good, well-rounded, almost universal even.

On the other hand they seem to be poor on practices and they even state that kabbalah (their version at least) is not related to meditation. I find that meditation is a great plus, to achieve exactly what they describe as the path and the goal - to feel and sense the Creator in us.

That is why I feel more and more that a more "effective" or "true" path is one of integration of several aspects of the different disciplines. And the one who choses and integrates - the inner guru of course! Who else?

It is also incredile how so many different traditions point to the same truth in so many ways. It is a beautiful thing to witness. It is like magnetic needles in different compasses all pointing to the same North.

I drink from Yoga mostly the vast energetic/mystical knowledge and the integrative open approach of body-mind-spirit, from Zen-like traditions the meditation style of "just sitting", where "less is more", from Buddhism the ethics/compassion, aestethics, and mind and emptiness knowledge, and now from Kabbalah I remembered about the function of desires, our intimate relation to the Creator through them, and the evolution of the soul. Beautiful!

We truly live in wonderful times of open knowledge available to more and more people. Let's take advantage of it

Hi YIL,

Great comments; thanks!!

As with any system, all advanced Kabbalists are quite rich in practices.

Knowing the Creator/Self comes from Inner Silence//Devotion//Inquiry//Service .... or, some combination of those four activities.

Every wisdom tradition in the world utilizes these, and all activities in every wisdom tradition either falls into one of these categories ... or, are part of the support structure for them (i.e. what about pranayama? Well, it's support for Inner Silence; all eight limbs of Patanjali's yoga are) ... and off the top of my head, I can't think of any others.

Any one of them will ultimately get you Home; and a balanced combination is usually best (with AYP being among the most balanced systems .... in part because it is open to resources, teachings and techniques from other paths ... as we're discussing here.)

I think their (the folks at Kabbalah.info ) dismissing of meditation comes from Kabbalah being lumped in with so many other traditions, in a way that kind of dilutes them all.

("Kabbalah? Oh, that's that red-string, Madonna-Britney Spears thing; you know, like .... new age ... or yoga ... or meditation and crystals ... except sort of Jewish or something .....")

Kabbalists are primarly bhakti, jnana and karma yogis .... they're about the fuel of devotion, the light of inquiry and the love of service.

However, the schools vary, just as yoga schools do.

Bnei Baruch seems to be Jnana (information/teachings) oriented ... but I have a feeling that that's due to their stated mission of reaching as many people as possible ... in the same way AYP does the same, with practices.

And just as AYP both deepens and branches out as we gain more experience .... I'm fairly sure Bnei Baruch Kabbalah does the same ..... mostly because I've never seen a spiritual system/school which doesn't.

The same things work universally; only the names and specifics vary.

Wholeheartedly,

Kirtanman

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000