New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Rael

USA
173 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2010 :  01:29:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rael's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by omarkaya

hello Rael,i follow the instructions of my guru,Paramahansa Satyananda,who recently took maha samadhi the 5 of december.nadi shodana pranayam balance the breath in each nostril,inducing sushuma nadi to flow this way, meditation supervene,in terms of swara yoga (the science of breath)the right side of the brain is activated when the left nostril is flowing;the left side of the brain is activated when the right nostril flows,and whenever both nostrils flows equally,every faculty of the human brain is functioning in an optimal and integrated manner as sushuma nadi awakens.then,meditation is directly experienced.the health and optimal function of the body is enhanced via the powerful autonomic nervous influence of nadi shodhana pranayama and neti kriya.these practices release daily accumulated phychic and nervous stress,which imbalances autonomics nervous system and blocks pranic energy flow,locking it within fixed configurations and circuits,over long periods of time,these pranic abnormalities and disturbances,if remaining unreleased,result in the whole gamut of psychosomatic and stress related diseases which we as individuals and communities are comfronten with today.in yoga nadi shodhan pranayam is the best and surest way to clean the nadis,ida and pingala,only when these two nadis are cleaned,its worth to try meditation.about the mrityunjaya mantra recitation,i suggest it because,when mind is stressed the recitation of mrityunjaya or any other good mantra,is of high value,and the hypnotic effect of japa is the best way to pacify monkey mind,in addition the recitation of mrityunjaya mantra,provides very good mood,its very practical as depression eradicator and the vivrations of this mantra, have a lot of mystical boons.finally Rael, if youve been practicing meditation for years and tears,watch up your method,something might be wrong.body purification is the fundamental base for the souls welfare,thats why in yoga, dieta and satkarmas are so inportant.only aghoris can transcend impurity and reach samadhi.best wishes.

Dear Omarkaya,

I am still sorting through your replies here...thank you SO, SO much!

Sincerely

Rael!

Go to Top of Page

Rael

USA
173 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2010 :  01:43:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rael's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Yogani

Might you have any comments on Omarkaya's approach?........I am reading the Samayama book now, which, so far has explained a little , but not to a great extent yet.

This seems like a core issue material, so, if you have a minute?.....
Go to Top of Page

omarkaya

Spain
146 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2010 :  07:34:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit omarkaya's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Rael,please,follow my suggest,give your self an easy speedy and effective chance,learnt the right pronunciation of MRITYUNJAYA MANTRA,memorize it and recite it while visualazing it in your mental screen "chidakasha",recite it loud at the beginning and with ujayi pranayam 108 times,youl get the blissful shakti of this mantra, right at the end of the first 108 recitations of it,and you will laugh about stress,depresions and bad moods.you can learn the right pronunciation of this mantra on youtube,just write mrityunjaya mantra,and youl see many versions of it,choose the one you like,and learn it, memorize it , practice it, and ENJOY IT.believe me if i asure you,it will become your best help ,your best friend,its for free,and is the best DOCTORFEELGOOD.OM TRYAMBAKAM YAJAMAHE.SUGANDHIM PUSHTI VARDHANAM,URVA RUKAMIVA BHANDANAMMMRITYOR MUKSHIYA MaAMRITAT.OM NAMAH SHIVAYA!
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2010 :  09:22:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Rael

Dear Yogani

Might you have any comments on Omarkaya's approach?........I am reading the Samayama book now, which, so far has explained a little , but not to a great extent yet.

This seems like a core issue material, so, if you have a minute?.....

Hi Rael:

It is not recommended to try and follow multiple approaches at once, especially beginners.

There are at least 108 ways to do everything in yoga, and we can only do one thing at a time. Those who advise complicating practice without regard for the practices you are already learning ought not be heeded. As mentioned earlier, such advice belongs in the "other systems" forum category where it is not being imposed on people seeking support.

It is very easy to find (or give) endless advice on spiritual practices, but not so easy to stay focused on one approach that will bring us steady progress with stability over time of consistent daily practice. A competent teacher knows this, and will respect the journey of the aspirant, rather than try and bend it to personal will.

I suggest using the "KISS" method, which means "Keep it simple stupid!" That goes for beginning mantras too.

It is up to you.

The guru is in you.

PS: Also see this lesson: http://www.aypsite.org/19.html

Go to Top of Page

omarkaya

Spain
146 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2010 :  11:19:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit omarkaya's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hello yoganis,i respect your point of view ,but honestly ,i cant see the mistake on reciting a mantra like mrityunjaya mantra,it is true that some mantras requires iniciation and could harm the person when not iniciated,but mrityunjaya mantra, is the heart of vedas, its a universal all good effects mantra,and to know its power by reciting it,would only enrich the joy and knowledge of any practitioner,honestly,i dont see the incompatibility with your AYP method.im just reading what happens with Rael at this special moment of her life,and i know that kirtan of this mantra is prescribed precisely for this issue,with wonderful results.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2010 :  12:01:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Omarkaya:

I am not so concerned about kirtans, or anything else the practitioner may be drawn to on their path. I am concerned with imposing one thing over another, because there are unlimited ways that can happen from many sources, and that helps no one.

So the practitioner has to be careful what they are considering to do when, and how much distraction it may cause to core practices. This is especially important for beginners who do not have a solid foundation of daily practice.

Of all the things we discuss in AYP, and nearly all other systems, the most important by far is the consistency of daily practice over the long term.

So the practitioner should always be asking themselves about that when considering anything that is offered. It begins with asking, "What is my daily practice?"

There may or may not be additional things the practitioner is drawn to after the core practice routine is established. Whatever the case may be, it is easy to get lost in the details and lose our core practice (if we ever had one), because the options for additional practice are unlimited.

There are thousands of kirtans. We could list hundreds here from many sources. Which one should the practitioner choose? Only they can know. And many can get lost in endless detail trying to find out. That is why I say "KISS! (keep it simple stupid)"

That is also why we have the "other systems" forum category, where many methods can be considered, without being imposed on anyone.

Please keep it in mind when offering add-ons. Offering the add-on is the easy part. It is the practitioner who then has the burden of sorting out the 108 add-ons that are being promoted. Is this fair to beginners? I think not. Which is why I am giving you a hard time about this, for their sake, and yours.

Ultimately, we all make our own choices. That is what AYP is about. Part of that is developing a clear understanding about what is essential and what is overload. It will be a little different for everyone. This is why nothing in AYP is imposed. All is suggested for the practitioner to make their own choice. So the suggestion is to suggest rather than direct, keeping in mind that there are many factors in play. Then the practitioner will decide based on inputs available, their bhakti and personal inclinations.

We have found this to be a workable approach for many different kinds of practitioners. The reported results speak for themselves.

The guru is in the practitioner.

Go to Top of Page

omarkaya

Spain
146 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2010 :  12:22:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit omarkaya's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Rael,i just can wish you good luck,and may your inner guru be right, when he inspire you to choose the right thing.best wishes.like the beatles said(hope to not to mistake citing beatles)THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO THAT CAN BE DONE--NOTHING YOU CAN SING THAT CANT BE SUNG pssst m r i t y u n j y a m a n t r a ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE.
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2010 :  1:43:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
We have found this to be a workable approach for many different kinds of practitioners. The reported results speak for themselves.

Agree.This place (and yoganis post) is based on pure real science and real stadistics.The main feature of ayp is its pragmatism.

Omar,and advice,dont take it like a personal attack (it happens due to our estupid/afraid ego).I said you this from my own experience.

Edited by - miguel on Jan 07 2010 1:50:24 PM
Go to Top of Page

omarkaya

Spain
146 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2010 :  4:16:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit omarkaya's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello miguel,well,i dont know much about your ego,but i know some about mine,i repeat that i respect the norms,and i wont try to convince anyone about the importance of reciting a good mantra in times of trouble or facing adversities,god bless.
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2010 :  8:36:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Omarkaya,

I respect you.Of course.Only trying to give and advice.Just felt the need to say you that cz i tought maybe you could felt attaked.I felt that cz you used irony in some posts.But maybe the reality is different and that was not the reason for your irony.
On the other hand,your irony is funny also,and made me laugh...
No problem here,just felt the need to give you and advice,based on my own toughts and perceptions.
Hoping you will have a good time here.

Edited by - miguel on Jan 07 2010 9:05:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

omarkaya

Spain
146 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2010 :  08:30:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit omarkaya's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello miguel,is not hirony but sarcasm,you know,sometimes is hard to keep the mouth shut and avoid the feeling to suggest solutions to someone in need,most of all,when you know that your suggestion would definetely help that person,i understand that they could be many like me,and if everyone,feels the same as i do,and a multiple advice starts falling on the person ,it would create confusion to that person,but its just that what i read in the comments adressed to Rael,no one mentions japa,or mantra recitation,and i felt like adding this great choice as a method to inner balance and happiness in moments of hardship.at the sametime this system of KISS,it might be ok,although i have serious doubts about it,cause KISS shouldnt mean fanatism or exclusivity or isolation,and in the spiritual path when theres a difficulty someone should allways keep an eye open to others advice,if these advices are correct and most of all when someone is devoided of GURUS influence.
Go to Top of Page

omarkaya

Spain
146 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2010 :  08:40:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit omarkaya's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
sorry i meant to say devoid and not devoided,my god,i start thinking that rael could definetely get lost with my subtle information.
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2010 :  09:31:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think rael is involved with ayp practices and is having some difficulties.I understand you want to help,its good.
But ayp system says that if you have choosen one path,better to stick with it and not overlap more things.At least in the begining stages.
Keep it simple,it means that,practice in your own time line.Less is more.
Rael problems are not result of practices,and i personally think practices will not end difficulties there.
I think hes having a low phase,i passed trought that some time ago.
He should continue practicing with KISS,but instead of putting all hopes in practices,he should pass trough that phase and learn directly from life,the great teacher.
Practices help ,but you are who needs to go to the battle of life.Other solutions could be evasion from reality and it leads to problems also.This is my direct experience.
Ii think yogani was trying to help rael from ayp perspective cz hes sticking with ayp and the advice in ayp always is not to overlap from different sources.Choose the path and KISS.
On the other hand if you post that beautiful mantra in other systems of practice sections it will be valued by all of us also.
Self pacing and less is more are the main tools here.It changed many things here some time ago.Its helping many people here also.

Edited by - miguel on Jan 08 2010 09:39:43 AM
Go to Top of Page

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2010 :  8:42:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogani,

In defense of Omarkaya, i did'nt feel he was trying impose his system on yours.

It seemed pretty clear to me, at least, that he was not talking about AYP.Though i understand how this it is better adressed in the 'Other Systems Forum'( to avoid confusion for beginners/newcomers to the AYP system) and the need for simplicity for beginners.

However, what this boils down to is what i see as an issue in your system.Perhaps even a weakness, or capital flaw.The isssue of balncing ida & pingala, which other systems lay as a rpre-requisite for sushumna awakening. I have looked at your lesson on 'ida & pingala,caduceus review', particularly the second last paragraph- there are other apporaches-some start with pranayam,some aim to balnce ida & pingala first, and so on, etc.

What i feel might be missing from your system is this very thing. What the system you have might benefit from is the suggesstion to include nadi shodhana before any pranayam practice like spinal breathing. Folk that arrive here with major kundalini difficulties are referred to Lesson 69 which is nice by itself. But those with more extreme cases might want to explore nadi shodhana, because without balncing the ida or pingals network of nadis,practioners here may just work years to find some kind of balance, with SbP alone, that is,before discovering themself through experience like i did. That is the least we can do to help the extreme cases here or those that are serious about awkening their kundalini , and are clearly not short of the bhakti or drive to pursure that ennd.

I have learnt alot from you and your lessons and have enromous repecct for what have done and are doing here.

But really think a lesson on the suggesstion include nadi shodhana principally (or othe rbalncing pracitices) either on it's own or before SbP might be in order.

More advanced practioners may wish to do oit with their mind , and taking it furtther while focusing in ajna chakra( whilst lloking at the satyanada approach this was their first month practice)

I have also read your some of your comments on alternate nostril breathing in releveant threads. In response to Krish who brought up this very issue you said- balncing ida & pingala- is it a prequisite? etc

you said-

'this does'nt explain why alternate nostril breathing has the same beenfits as slow deep breathing'.

First of all i am not convinced they both do have the same beenfits( this is your own premise though you did conced more scientific research forthcoming is needed in this area.
Secondly, if it does bring the similar or same benefits this might be because in those practioners the ida and pingala are already okay balanced( both nostrils are open). In some people however as i have now learnt in another source they have a dormant or closed nostril.But that it can be opened up with practice( in a couple of months , more or less,couple of weeks even,say... depending).

i say this because i feel it's encumbent upon me to make sure the info. is available to those that need it.i brought up this with omarkaya at the beginning of this threead, or what began of our exchange.And i don't rarely ask that many questions or advice albeit within another system. But c'mon i am not short of trying to help and advise people ,i.e give out advise. Since seing this kink in your system as i can't help viewing, the inner guru here has become much more trsuted source for a good practice for me.

I also feel you were a bit harsh with Rael and Omarkaya. And the helping side got lost in confusion to me- ffollow AYP to the letter- yes- the baseline if you are a beginner, and don't get lost in modifications- get stuck in doctrinal prescriptions, and the guru is in me also.

Now let's see a lesson on the significance of balancing ida and pingala as a prepratory step before Kundalin awakning and preferably sushumna awkening. And the inclussion of nadi shodhana ,placed right before spinal breating.

I buy Saraswati's explanation that nadi sodhana harmonises both brain halves. I don't mean to pick over your words but you said- it's main effect is as a calmer( someone did respond no i disagree it is a balsncer of ida and pingala ). And also you said it is a basic technique taught in beginners hatha yoga classes( yes but not to be under-rated). This is what swara yoga is all about, the flow of air/prana at the top-end of either nostril atthe nerve bundles that converge for the 3 main highways at ajna chakra between the eye-brows, sushumna included. I may have to conced that without some prior purification of the sushumna with SbP then nadi shodhana may not have been so balancing.

However, let's see a lesson on the significance of balncing ida and pingala , with the suggestion of the inclusion of nadi shodhan( it can't be called that for nothing eh?) before spinal breathing pranayama for those that are serious about kundalini awakening.

I like to think fo this as my way of giving back......but seriously...alot of practioners here might struggle years to awaken kundalini (without it).And it's not that some folk are efforting more than others. It's that a tool that will help them, bring balnce,stability and progress sounds misunderstood. And your KISS system-well i think you were being somewhat ironical, & using a healthy dose of good humour..

Thanks for AYP,
And Yours respectfully,

The guru is in me.

p.s btw if anyone has had major diificulty with kundalini ,i.e L69 goes into this and SbP is usually prescribed for this ) but issues are still not totally smoothed out ( It is still a work in progress here for me btw, not more than a month)then i would suggest also reducing SbP,after trying/experimenting with it, and adding MORE nadi shodhana. But bear in mind the amplificatory effects of combining practices ,as mentioned elsewhere in the lessons.I say this because iam acquainted and experience with the kind of suffering that Kundalin gone up the wrong pathway, ida or pingala, can cause.And feel the need to share this post with others, least of all those that will beneifit from it. I think it would be a much beneficial addittion to the tool box and although i have read how you view nadi shodhana( and my huunch is you appear to misunderstand iti.e the effect it has,what it actually does,, i get the keep it simple suggesstion rightfully so cos this is a hellla of alot to the average joe/beginner/newcomer walking off the street & no disrespect intended) and/or the balncing principle Yogani you should could give this proper consideration.

Also feedback on this apporach would be appreciative for me also. Thank **** this is open source..... All out in the open. Nothing hidden.Everyone can make progress here.

You also said( when you talked about comparing the effects of ANB to slow deep breathing) something like 'i'm not going to parrot what the scriptures said..i (just) knew there was something else going on..'( you also said something like you practiced ANB for 15 yrs before settling on spinal breathing which gave you not just same benefits but much much more)- i am speculating ,according to swara yoga, that the flow felt at the top of the left nostril may stimulate the right brain, and the right nostril- the left brain. Doing it in sequence allows the opposite halves, or the silent areas in them, to communicate together and therefore wake-up, and work optimally.. A brain that communicates is much smarter and far more powerful.
So if we do SbP with slow deep breathing and we are doing it with one nostril open and another dormant, consciously or unconsciously, the energy may well just be skewered to the side that is more dominant. What nadi shodhana may help is equalising the flow between ida & pingala so that sushumna can flow, and Kundalini will not resist coming up.

I can literally feel the cartilage move when i have done ANB- it would seem that this might then affect the efficacy of SbP if i add that on afterwards.

As for the caution i have heard given also about not adding any meditation until sushumna or k is properly awakened,respective to other systems, that seems to me to be more of a clear-cut issue of being a debate between other systems.

However The trick IS to put the tools that seem to be helping us into practice. Yes.
Go to Top of Page

omarkaya

Spain
146 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2010 :  10:25:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit omarkaya's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
(((((((((((((((((((())))))))))))))))))))
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2010 :  11:37:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Akasha:

If you feel you should be doing alternate nostril breathing, then do it. It is your choice. That is more concession than you will find from those who approach yoga through ida, pingala and chakras, who will find it hard to admit that all of these things can be balanced by purifying and opening the sushumna directly, which is what spinal breathing pranayama is about.

So, it is a question of the angle of approach, not whether the AYP system has missed something. I can assure you that the choice of spinal breathing as core practice, and not alternate nostril breathing, was a conscious one. Not an omission, oversight or error. The approach in AYP is entirely different, going for the highest first in all areas of practice -- the master principles and controllers of human spiritual transformation. With the main controls well in hand, the rest is automatically taken care of, and regarded to be "under the hood."

For those who are attracted to alternate nostril breathing, an addition to Lesson 41 is provided in the big AYP Easy Lessons book.

From the AYP point of view, alternate nostril breathing is a relaxation technique. If and when AYP is taught in yoga studio settings, alternate nostril breathing will probably be introduced as such, and then it will be on to spinal breathing pranayama without delay. The baseline system of AYP is not going to change. And I expect the variations that people wish to bring to it will continue to be unlimited. It has been like that since AYP started in 2003. These are the two constants in yoga: The baselines that advanced practitioners took the time to put together, and the unending barrage of variations that are thrown at them by the crowd. It is the nature of open source.

The least we can do is keep baselines of practice from barraging each other, which is why in these forums AYP support discussions are best carried out in one place, and evaluations of other systems of practice carried out in another place. The two cannot be done in one place without seriously compromising AYP support.

So it is not a question of whether Omarkaya, or Tibetan Ice, or anyone else, is working from a better baseline, or has a better approach. It is a matter of respecting all approaches and allowing them to maintain their integrity and consistency, while at the same time looking across traditional lines for logical improvements that will benefit practitioners. It is a tightwire act that requires careful discrimination, and above all, mutual respect for the established baselines of practice.

These forums were established first and foremost for practitioner support for the AYP baseline system as described in the AYP lessons and books. From the beginning it has been felt that discussions on other systems of practice would be healthy and provide useful cross-fertilization going in both directions. But what has happened is that the AYP system has found itself being constantly battered and overrun by other approaches in the forums, which has been an ongoing disappointment and constant source of confusion to beginning practitioners.

So steps are gradually being implemented to reclaim part of the forums for AYP support only, while retaining the other systems and alternatives categories of discussion.

The first step was to designate the Deep Meditation/Samyama and Spinal Breathing Pranayama/Mudras/Bandhas forums to be for AYP support only. We are now doing the same with Satsang, because this is where many beginners come with questions on AYP. You will note that the title of "Satsang Cafe" has been changed to be "Satsang Cafe - General Questions on AYP." In addition, two new forum categories will be added within a couple of months that will be exclusively for discussion of the AYP Main and Tantra lessons.

All of these actions are for the purpose of restoring these forums to their original purpose -- AYP practitioner support. Other systems and alternative practice discussions will continue to be welcome in their respective categories.

Those who are not able to respect the integrity of these categories of discussion, who continually bring confusion to practitioners seeking AYP support, are going to find themselves not welcome to participate in the forums anymore.

That is how it is going to be. It is hoped that everyone will take note of it, and respect it.

Thanks!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2010 :  2:28:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hurra, Yogani! Thanks for a great post!
Go to Top of Page

adamantclearlight

USA
410 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2010 :  3:26:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit adamantclearlight's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Just saw this. If you are menopausal, you may want to consider avoiding kriya and pranayama and do DM as a stand alone practice. Your body is going through a re-balance, meaning it's not balanced right now. After the re-balance, it is a little too late to make good use of pranayama. If you insist on it, self-pace way down. Keep it light.

Adamant
Go to Top of Page

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2010 :  6:16:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogani,

I'm not saying replace SbP with ANB.I am saying add ANB on to the AYP raft. It is a small point but i feel one that is neccessary to make for the benefit of EVERYONE.

Love Akasha
Go to Top of Page

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2010 :  6:23:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I could give you a lengthier explanation by replying point by point to the points you made in your post, but in this context i don't feel it would be constructive. I'll post stuff of this nature in 'Other Systems' like you suggest.And thanks for responding like you did.

Love Akasha
Go to Top of Page

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2010 :  7:06:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yogani,

Also i just forgot there.

SbP works on the spinal cord, the sushumna.

ANB balances both brain hemispheres, the ida & pingala nadi networks.

Which is why i recommend the combination- starting with the balancer, ANB followed by SbP.

Balanced global purification

More effective.
Go to Top of Page

Rael

USA
173 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2010 :  04:30:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rael's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Everyone!

Thank you for all of your responses and caring help. I seem to be smoothing out ( as of New Year's Day) and progressing as well!

I'd thought a lot of our material here was lost, but i am now just finding that i inspired THREE PAGES OF ACTIVITY, and that all but one of my responses appears here (missing one needed corrections)! I couldn't understand why my replies were not showing up on the first (and i thought only) page of this topic.

Now i have ALOT of reading to do! Hah Hah!

Also, Shanti, it took awhile, but now my system is definitely craving the SB as the next step!....You are GOOD! Hah Hah!!! Thank you! :.

Love to All,

sincerely,

Rael!
Go to Top of Page

Rael

USA
173 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2010 :  08:01:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rael's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by adamantclearlight

Just saw this. If you are menopausal, you may want to consider avoiding kriya and pranayama and do DM as a stand alone practice. Your body is going through a re-balance, meaning it's not balanced right now. After the re-balance, it is a little too late to make good use of pranayama. If you insist on it, self-pace way down. Keep it light.

Adamant

Dear Adamantclear:

I definitely had to give up the Kriyas, but that was 5, or more, months ago, yet i still feel residue here and there! The menopausal symptoms have died down a lot but still confuse things because they can feel like side-effects from our yoga, or faulty adrenals as well (adrenaline fight or flight sensation). I am trying to be sensible, but difficult to sort out. I was just settling on advancing to Pranayama on Shanti's suggestion, and then bumped into your post here...Oh my.

Why do you say that after the re-balance pranayama would be useless?

Also, it sounds to me as if it would smooth out the sparks from Kundalini and temper/circulate the sexual energy (Shanti) by enlisting Shakta (Yogani). If you mean that the energy would no longer be there to channel-up after menopause, that will definitely not be the case, i'm pretty sure. No matter what, the charge in the second chakra never varies and only gets stronger by the year...i have been menopausal for a little more than two years, and this has been the pattern. It may have to do with Chi Kung for many years and the 5 Tibetan Rites (6 for awhile) which strongly affect sexual force, i dunno???

I would be interested to hear anything else you might wanna add, that might fine-tune our ideas here too! I am also wondering if Yogani has had to guide any women-students through Menopause-Land, and whether there might be added direction for this also.

Thank you Dear!....Oh, and somebody has to break the news to Miguel that i'm a girl!!!...Hee HEE

Edited by - Rael on Jan 15 2010 08:06:45 AM
Go to Top of Page

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2010 :  11:44:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

From the AYP point of view, alternate nostril breathing is a relaxation technique.

I don't know where you got this from. But i disagree here. It serves to balance ida & pingala, and both brain hemispheres.
Go to Top of Page

omarkaya

Spain
146 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2010 :  11:58:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit omarkaya's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
ive heard that some flamenco dancing ,could make wonders during menopause,VIVA LA VIDA Y OLE!!!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000