New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2010 :  11:36:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All:

Ida and pingala balance in relation to sushumna opening is discussed here from the AYP perspective:
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....D=6661#59564
(and in previous posts in that topic)

That discussion is from the point of view of awakening ecstatic conductivity (kundalini). It is also relevant in discussing AYP deep meditation, which does not produce the kind of imbalance being suggested here. The utilization of nadi shodana (alternate nostril pranayama) is discussed elsewhere in these forums and in the AYP lessons.

This is not to say that Omarkaya's advice is not valid within the context of Satyananda's system of practice. If Satyananda's system is working over there and the AYP system is working over here, then that is fine. But it is not fine for one to be imposing on the other. That will only bring confusion, because no one can practice two systems at the same time.

Omarkaya, it is suggested to please keep that in mind when dispensing advice in the AYP Support Forums. The place to be presenting alternate approaches is in the "Other Systems" forum category, where it will be clear to everyone that alternate approaches are being considered, rather than proselytizing one system over another one in a support discussion. All approaches are welcome to be discussed in the forums, as long as each respects the other, and practitioners are free to make their own choices.

Thanks!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

omarkaya

Spain
146 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2010 :  12:02:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit omarkaya's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
pssttmy name is juan and i came here to revenge my guru and kick some dumb asses that dont know a thingwatch up what you post or youl be.....grrr
Go to Top of Page

omarkaya

Spain
146 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2010 :  12:09:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit omarkaya's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
sorry i was just kidding,is just that suddenly i saw my self being too guru and thats not my self,sure i will learn a lot and discuss as many topicsas possible omgfsorry my name is juan.
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2010 :  12:33:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by omarkaya

pssttmy name is juan and i came here to revenge my guru and kick some dumb asses that dont know a thingwatch up what you post or youl be.....grrr

Dude, you just got here and already pissed-off yogani. Not a wise move.

Just kidding!
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2010 :  12:38:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Juan, and a belated welcome!

You will find that there is plenty of room here in the forums to express your opinions, advice, and even your frustrations. You will find many approaches to spiritual practice (and non-practice) discussed here, more or less in ways that enable serious seekers to make their own choices. The AYP system is offered as a baseline, and practitioners can take it wherever they wish from there.

We try and minimize confusion for those getting started on the path, while at the same time pointing out options and alternates along the way. It is a bit of a tight-wire act, but worth the effort, I think.

So, have a good time here, practice wisely, and enjoy!

The guru is in you.

PS: Here is a note I posted a few weeks ago on Satyananda's passing: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....D=6811#60934

Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2010 :  12:52:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Balance

quote:

Dude, you just got here and already pissed-off yogani. Not a wise move.

Just kidding!

I forgot to say welcome to the AYP forums Juan.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2010 :  1:08:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Rael......

quote:
Originally posted by Rael

I think that happened when things inside were MUCH MUCH worse, using good methods to re-kick start my evolution and create relief. This told me that from the worst can come the best, so it's disarming that i have settled into "stuckness' but i will keep in mind, as you all are saying, that it may have value.

"From the worst can come the best".....with growing inner silence, cultivated through DM, we come to see that there is no "worst" and there is no "best".....all judgements slowly start to lose appeal. Each situation is greeted with equanimity and peace....even the "worst" of situations. Continue cultivating inner silence (and pacing yourself with that) and these "hard times" will become as blissful as the "easy times". Life itself is Bliss....no sense in blocking that by believing the thought that we must suffer because things aren't the way we wish they were. Let go of trying to control everything...Life is as it is, and that is perfect. Even when Life isn't the way we wish it was.

quote:

I am so happy to hear that you undid that intense spiral you were caught in for awhile...WOW!

"I" really didn't do anything. It just happened. Pure Grace. For years I had been trying to get clean....it was only once I had given up trying to control the situation that Life blessed me with sobriety. I expect it to be the same for you. Stop trying to control what is happening and just let Life do it's thing. It always knows what is best.

quote:

Thank you....this is useful......i also think that Samyama could play a nice role here too, along these lines?

Samyama plays a key role in everything....whether we calle it samyama or not. Active surrender (samyama) is a universal practice that will help anyone learn to let Life be as it is. And when we learn to stop fighting with reality, trying to force Life to be other then how it is, we have the opportunity to just rest in our true nature....pure bliss consciousness.

quote:

Well, i found out something unexpected after the two days of sheer panic, i went to my chiropractor who asked "So anything happen after the last treatment?" I said something to the effect that i had an awful crash, and he seemed pleased that things were "moving"...so maybe that's what was behind the worst end of this, because there was no third day! I am still very much stuck, but not coming apart at the seams....that was the worst!

Great to hear that you are no longer "coming apart at the seams"....it is so much more pleasant to just rest in what Is. There seems to be progress happening for you, and that is good....just remember to pace yourself or things may get hairy again. Less is truly more....

quote:

That is what i am not sure about: am guessing maybe:

Fear (of getting back into handling all these dangling and overwhelming tasks that i don't understand, and of making big mistakes that could affect our lives in serious ways. Not acting could also do the very SAME!

Release the fear into Silence. What you do will be the "right" thing...can't be any other way. Even if it seems like you made the "wrong" move at some point, things will always work out for the best in the long run. Relax and let go of the fear....nothing can be anything other then perfect....even the difficult times. The difficult times are needed for growth. Again, if Life were all candy and roses, we wouldn't progress much. Take advantage of this difficult situation and learn to trust that Life is happening just as it needs to.

I wrote in a thread a while ago about a moment I had where my life flashed before my eyes (there was no reason for this as I didn't have a near-death-experience, just "the" experience for whatever reason) where I was granted the opportunity to see my life unfold before my eyes in about 10 or so seconds (actually I have no idea how long it took but I don't think it was very long in "real" time although it felt like an hour or something). What happened was I was reading something on the forum here and it triggered a "life-flashing-before-my-eyes" moment....I saw each and every situation in my life from the time I was a baby up until the present moment....and as I watched all this happening I could tell that without any one of those things happening, without all the trauma and hardships, good times and bad, I would not be where I am today....and there is nowhere I should be other then right here right now. EVERYTHING happens for a reason....especially the "hard" times. This gave me a HUGE sense of relief in that I now knew from experience that I did not need to worry about the future...everything was going to happen exactly as it should. I could stop trying to control things and just let Life take the path it needs to. Try to understand that everything happens for a reason....everything that happens is necessary for growth. You NEED to go through this difficult time. In hindsight you will be thankful for this period of difficulty. In hindsight you will come to see that without the things that are happening right now, you would not rediscover your enlightenment....and you will rediscover your enlightenment....it is your (and every one of our) destiny(ies). It's unavoidable. So....rejoice for this period of hardship! It is what will help bring you to enlightenment! Hallejuya!

quote:

Depression from no change of routine, no Sun, no help, no comrades close by, total responsibility for a difficult/helpless person.

Focusing on wishing things were other then they are will only serve to perpetuate this depression. Stop wishing that things were different then they are and celebrate reality! And remember....you can always take action. If you want a different routine, change your routine. If you want Sun, stand outside, etc etc. But don't be attached. This is where suffering creeps back in. If there is no Sun outside today, then rejoice for the cloudy grey skys and the snow falling. Try to feel the Bliss that exists under all these thoughts of how Life "should" be.

quote:

My mind escaping into what makes it feel good (AYP, E-mail, educational searches, Facebook, yakking on the phone), without enlivening the body to move. As i wrote the others, i am cut-off from the external situations i have been used to that allowed me to easily create a balance between my internal and external existences. Because i don't drink/do drugs/have sex/sleep regularly/dance enough/am artistically blocked/don't run anymore/don't watch TV, the ego seeks out whatever it can get to sooth it's savage nature! The pain is so great otherwise, even though the stimulus is basically all illusionary and ultimately transient!

Escape is an illusion too. You can't escape. You are where you are, and there is no escaping from that. Learn to enjoy your Life, no matter where you are, no matter what you are doing. It is possible...it is (y)our destiny. Get some sleep, go for a run, watch some T.V (if you desire), do your practices and enjoy every second of your Life. There is no point in suffering. It only keeps you from the Bliss that you truly are. Why choose to suffer when you could choose bliss instead?

quote:

Possibly "the entity" re-inforcing my own negative expression.

Possibly, but "the entity" only has as much power as you give it. You are the entity....everything is part of the One....both you and "the entity".

quote:

Believe me, i know that to be true, but hearing it doesn't change whatever is creating it (no offense).

None taken.....but remember....you create your own reality. We each choose our view, our perspective...and what may seem bleak to one can seem like heaven to another. Think of those who are more unfortunate then you...those living on the streets, those with with severe addictions, those who have lost everything....they would give anything to be where you are today...or not (if they are blissful where they are). We each have a choice as to how we view Life. Change your perspective and you change your world.

quote:

From "under here", the only thing that seems feasible is Divine Intervention...no joke!

Oh, I know you aren't joking. If Divine Intervention is what you think is necessary, then get out of the way and let it happen.

quote:

My parents handled this place and their lives just fine....they wanted this, they liked being in the world and engaging in their tasks and learning more about how to do so. I am opposite in nature...all of this must be forced and is AGONZING....it all also never seems to END!

There is no end, you are right about that. Just as there is no beginning. So, with that in mind, do you think you can just relax and let Life be as it Is? There is nowhere to go, nothing to be, so just enjoy Life right here right now. Is there any point to allowing this all to get under your skin? Is it not just making you suffer? Why choose to suffer when you can choose the Bliss that you already are underneath all that suffering?

quote:

I have realized too, that, if we just plain had a lot more money, 95% of the things that are are stifling me would go "POOF"!

You think that now, but it wouldn't actually be like that. If it wasn't money (or a lack of it) that was making you suffer it would be something else. If you had all the money in the world there would be something else that would be causing hardship. Not until you learn to rejoice in the hardship will Life become pure bliss non-stop.

quote:

I am not saying it would make me happy, i would just have more of a foot-hold in reality and not have to live "up-against" all these things that my nature is not about!...Ugh!

Believe me, I know what it is like to "need" more money. I live paycheque to paycheque and have ever since I moved out at 14-15. I have already had to claim bankruptcy once. I know what it is like to live wishing there was unlimited (or even just more) money. But what has become my experience is that once I stopped worrying about money, I came to understand that I will always have "just enough". I don't have money to save, but I have just enough to get by every week. And that is perfect. What more could I ask for? When I really desire to order a couple dozen books so that I can send them to people like you as a gift, I somehow manage to find just enough to do so. When I need to buy Christmas gifts for my wife, family and friends, I always seem to somehow find just enough to do so, and still pay my monthly bills. How this happens, I don't know. It's a miracle every time. I just choose not to focus on it, and it always seems to work out perfectly. Perhaps try releasing your desire for more money (samyama style) into silence and see what happens.

quote:

A friend of mine used to do professional massage and was amazed how different it was to work on the muscles of very rich women...they were as soft and relaxed a butter!...They had such minimally stressed existences that they didn't carry anything around in their bodies!

Eh....stress-smess....stress comes when you fight with reality. The reality right now is that you don't seem to have enough money. You can stress about it, or you can release that and let Life do it's thing. Life always seems to have a way of working things out just the way it needs to in order for you to progress. At least that is my experience.

quote:

We are in the worst category in the U.S. now....middle class...not poor enough for benefits, not rich enough to exist without stress! I do understand that i myself translate external experience into an internally stressful situation, but i don't yet have enough skills to prevent it!.

Continue with Deep Meditation and the skill will come. And read "Loving What Is" as Shanti suggested on the first page of this thread. If you want I will send you a copy....it is one of the books I purchase in mass so that I can do just that. It would be an honor.

quote:

Yes, i know what you mean. I actually i have given myself consent to focus on myself, it is just somehow not working in practical terms, like i have taken a "lazy pill" that has shut me down, creating some sort of artificial inertia! As i recall (just this minute!), there may be finger mudras for just this problem....i will take a look....i HAVE to!

Hope the mudras have been helping. If you are lacking motivation, try getting more exercise. FORCE yourself to go for a walk. This always seems to work for me. The less active I am, the less motivation I have. The more active I am, the more motivation I have.

quote:

To you too....it is helpful, and you are very generous and caring! Happy babying and may your life grow sweeter by the day, EVERY day!

Life couldn't get any more perfect here, thanks. Best of luck.

Love.

Edited by - CarsonZi on Jan 05 2010 1:12:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

omarkaya

Spain
146 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2010 :  3:22:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit omarkaya's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi balance,hi yogani,here im with ice on my left eye,practicing some nadi shodan reanimation,ive learnt the lesson well.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2010 :  6:42:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

hi balance,hi yogani,here im with ice on my left eye,practicing some nadi shodan reanimation,ive learnt the lesson well.

Don't worry about it Juan. We love to learn new things here. We just try to post such techniques in the "Other Systems" forum. So please do feel free to post your thoughts and share other techniques... just keep it in the Other Systems forum, so as not to confuse people who are new to AYP.

You are new here so, it is fine to make mistakes. This is how we learn. Like someone once said "Those who don't make mistakes probably aren't doing much."

We really appreciate your input.
Thank You.
And welcome to the AYP forums.
Go to Top of Page

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2010 :  11:43:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi omarkaya,

I found your post fascinating and will definitely be giving this subject and other approaches further study.

Yogani,

Apologies for potentially causing confusion to newcomers.In future i'll a paste a link to the 'Other systems' forum. The link was very helpful> On a theroetical level,perhaps balncing ida & pingala could have a causative role as well as be an effect of a purified sushumna.It could work both ways, simultaneously.

I do like a full cupboard with mmore than one toolbox though....:)

And Good to hear there's someone keeping the helm though here; This place would quickly turn into an asylum, as well as a tangle of different ( competing) systems, without you....:)

And @juan(mask comes off :) ),
if you don't mind me calling you that,

quote:

grrrr

You really are scaring me now,juan.
You must'nt do that.

Maybe time to lighten up a bit, as we would say here at AYP.....

I hope you post more of your colourful personality and your insights... we'd all be rather grateful :)

That nasty guru rreally must have given you a hard time. You poor little thing....

Well-----Com (as they'say in Sveeden)
to
Ay--Y--Pee-

Just don't ask me any questions; that'll necessitate me having to post again. And that would get me really reeaaallly annoyed......

Remember, 'Other Systems'
& Keep it Sweet u dumb asss

But Seriously........
.... Back to zen-style meditation....:)

Go to Top of Page

omarkaya

Spain
146 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2010 :  02:52:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit omarkaya's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thank Akasha,im glad that you found my post interesting,you know,im pretty convinced that purification is the secret of health and spiritual wealth in life,i firmmily believe,that we get corrupted in this world as we grow older,not only physicaly but psychicaly or emotionaly too.and that the body is temple of the soul,thats a simple truth,the best we keep it clean,the happier will be.one thing id like to point out,is that in yoga during the process of purification with nadi shodan,there are evident physical signs ,that shows that your nadis are getting purified,for example.the body gets thinner the facial forms get well defined,even if it sounds funny ,its the body and most of all your eyes and your face which tells you that you are doing well and that you advance,of course aswell as your capability of interiorization.
Go to Top of Page

omarkaya

Spain
146 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2010 :  04:18:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit omarkaya's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
sorry Shanti,i forgot to say hello, and thanks for your support,the guru is on my right eye.om shanti.
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2010 :  07:50:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi juan, welcome
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2010 :  08:39:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Juan,

Great to have you here,it feels really good to have people in this forums from your own country.yes!

I hope your experience here will be very possitive and productive...youre invited to talk and discuss all you want for the benefit of all of us here,im sure you have lot of things to share.
This is a very dinamic ,alive and special forum.I feel it like my home.Very special place,full of people and writings,advices that help A LOT to speed your journey up.The only requisite is just to be open.
All we try is to learn and teach here.We look for the benefit af all,and thats a key point of ayp system.

Open your "eyes and ears",all we have much to give and take here!

Bienvenido,

Salud, paz y amor.

PS-Sorry about your left eye,it will pass also

Namaste.

PS 2-Greetings from Santander to San Sebastian (beautiful city,similar to Santander in very much aspects,both seasides towns) Juan.(both north of spain cities and very near from each other)lot of rain alsosunny days have lot of value here,due to beautiful landscapes in this green area.

Edited by - miguel on Jan 06 2010 09:21:56 AM
Go to Top of Page

omarkaya

Spain
146 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2010 :  10:47:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit omarkaya's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi miguel,hi jonatan,thanks.miguel,you are right santander and sansebastian have a lot in common,both cities are lovely,im greatly surprised to meet a neighbor here.although it seems to be a very friendly place with nice hospitalshehe just kidding,i hope to learn different spiritual aproaches and have a good time here.
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2010 :  11:34:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Omarkaya,

quote:
im greatly surprised to meet a neighbor here.

Oh,dont get surprised about getting surprised ,here in ayp its a very usual thing,seriously...

namaste

Edited by - miguel on Jan 06 2010 11:45:12 AM
Go to Top of Page

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2010 :  5:09:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
one thing id like to point out,is that in yoga during the process of purification with nadi shodan,there are evident physical signs ,that shows that your nadis are getting purified,for example.the body gets thinner the facial forms get well defined,even if it sounds funny ,its the body and most of all your eyes and your face which tells you that you are doing well and that you advance,of course aswell as your capability of interiorization.

Hi Omarkaya,

Fascinating stuff!!!

Your contributions are really valued here. Signs and symptoms of balanced purification.Excellent!

It is kinda understandable that the face could look more symmetrical. I did relate elsewhere how when I woke up Kundalini prematurely 3yrs ago my nose looked rather symmetrical, as my memory serves me right. What is interesting is that i have been feeling pressure on the cartilage at the top back end of my less dominant/blocked ida nostril moving constantly like in a dynamic state during AYP practice.. Also when i''ve brought my awareness to the flow at the nostrils the past few weeks and noticed i'm predominantly in pingala, i'll consciously be favouring flow in the ida nostril, and it's like i can feel the pressure in the cartilage move. I think my left nostril may be a little more open since doing nadi shodhana this fashion throughtout the day. I do think the global purification of SbP has also assisted on a wholescale level, and i am grateful for finding this place, and the support base on offer. As has been saaid already the good thing with AYP is it's open-source. And although it's probably wise if you are a relative novice to stick with one system, i do think a knowledge of other systems can inform your practice and be very useful, and helpful.

The self-directed approach does mean you take independent responsibility for your ownpractice.Alot of this stuff you really will struggle to get ,yes,without first-hand experience, of course.

Running into problems really early on my yoga journey, 11 months, has created a lot of difficulty down the line, i won't deny that, but long-term in ten years say i should be a lot wiser because of it, and have benefited enormously..

I keep on returning to this suggestion that balancing ida and pingala is a prequisite for suhumna to flow and K to awaken and enjoy meditation.. I have thought about it a little while and am thinking that it could be both cause and effect, of awakening sushumna and kundalini flow. It is interesting that Yogani asays( in the thread he referenced) that no awakening is perfect- it is just an idealized path- it never really happens that way.That amde me think that perhaps it is wishful thinking that what i did 3 years ago just fell slightly short of the requisite purification for a balnced and safe K awkening( as i have been recovering ever since, & with good progress many thanks to AYP), and really should have occured over a longer time-scale of stable practice ,hopefully also with the requisite knowledge and sound tool-base.

Here is that post:-
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....D=6661#59564

Edited by - Akasha on Jan 06 2010 6:22:47 PM
Go to Top of Page

Rael

USA
173 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2010 :  5:53:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Rael's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Shanti

Hi Rael,
I agree with Bob, you need exercise and movement in your life. I have been where you are, well not the external circumstances, but the internal experiences and it sounds like where I was when I started AYP.

No matter how much it feels like you don't want to exercise, make yourself do it. If nothing else, walk. If it is snowing, walk in a mall or any other enclosed area. Join a gym. Stay away from spiritual stuff for a bit. Do your practices. Very short sessions of spinal breathing (yes, add this but only for a min or 2) and 5-10 min meditation. Do it twice a day. No matter how much your mind does not want to do this, force yourself to sit for your practices. Rest for 10 min or more after meditation. Then forget about spirituality for the day, till your next session (this is what is meant by do your practices like brushing your teeth). Rest of the day, move, movement will occupy your mind and take you out of this low you are getting into.

Dear Shanti,

Little by little movement is coming....thanK you! The really "bad feelings" passed new Year's day, after reading Yogani's "Prayer and Healing". I may have written it elsewhere, but the intensity may have been due to Chiropractic fall-out that i wasn't expecting...OY!

The last thing I would suggest, but do it after this low has passed, read through the tantra lessons. If you are a celibate, and have been storing the sexual energy, then it will help you greatly if you learn to pull this energy higher and use it for your spiritual journey. Just saving the energy and not moving it upward will definitely lead to uncomfortable energy blocks.

At the time that i was doing the more extreme Kriya work, i was also doing an energy-lifting practice from the book "The Eye of Revelation" (Wells):

One bends over, hands on knees, expels all air, stands up, pulling shoulders and diaphragm up high, holding breath out for as long as comfortable. This actually lifts the energy in such a way that i reverses the aging process! I am not sure if this contributed to the over-heating and hysteria at that time, but at one point i felt something like an internal pressurized "bubble" rise up through my spine to my head. It was a little shocking, being so distinct, but it didn't hurt me, just amazing!

I wouldn't mind going back to this because you can do it any time you feel your sexual urge (ALWAYS!) and anywhere you happen to be (into the phone booth "Super-Girl!).
Are the practices similar in Yogani's system???

I hope some of this helps.
Wish you a very happy new year.

You too Shanti and always!.

PS: Also, if possible, read the book "Loving What Is" by Byron Katie.

PSS: I think i mentioned that i kept seeing ads on the web for this just before you posted this, and now i am realising that the book club, that is a part of my spiritual group, is currently reading this! Just realised this yesterday! (I usually don't join them because i read SO SLOWLY
Go to Top of Page

Rael

USA
173 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2010 :  6:11:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Rael's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
[quote]Originally posted by Yonatan

Hi Rael,

I'ld like to echo what miguel says about Life, that all aspects of life are spiritual, Life is an ultimate teacher. Trust that all is turning out for the best, focus on things that you like to do. I think yeah that walking, dancing, might be a good idea. You can even go wild in your room, just to let go of some anxiety. You can write down on paper all the things that you feel or say to yourself what you feel at this moment- it's mindfulness that lets you accept what is here now.

If you have friends you can meet with them, have fun. Do anything that gets your mood up.

I wish you the best!!

Love,

Yonatan

Hi Yonatan and Miguel

I am taking your suggestions! I move forward, fall back, but keep trying to break up the Stuckness!

I am cut off from my friends since i had to move here, and the few here are to occupied with survival!

If it weren't for the phone i'd be dead in the water. The coldness is also problematic, but i am trying to run in it, when feeling brave. I also dance to Youtube videos when i start to "freeze-over" now. I am cut-off from town (Burbs), so it's hard to get there for dancing and more dramatic fun...i am not used to THIS!

You guys are great...good doctors!

Hugs and Love

Rael!
Go to Top of Page

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2010 :  6:38:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Edited by - Akasha on Jan 06 2010 6:50:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

Rael

USA
173 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2010 :  7:05:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Rael's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by seamus23

Some great input here. Reading your posts here, I am seeing lots of words like "struggle", "fear", "overwhelming" , "entity".

Hi Seamus, thank you for stopping by!

A few questions, and some suggestions, which are worth what you are paying for them

Hee Hee

1) When was the last time you watched a funny movie, or a comedian, and just laughed?

Do so, laughter is one of the most effective clearing techniques we can use

This is true, it seems to break-up clogs in the solar plexus or something? I have been trying to look at funny movies, this week on TV and Youtube, when i think of it. The effects don't seem to last though. When i dance for hours and hours, that lasts!...Trying to inch back into this. Last night i got the bright idea to learn how to drive (at 54, well, never too late!), so i can go to studios and clubs easily....and just DANCE!!!.

2) When was the last time you jammed out to some music?

Music is great to get us into an energetic flow, to provide catharsis for stopped up emotions, and to connect us with the emotions and views of other folks

Last night (2nd attempt this week), will try to go to jazz-jams with musician-friend more often too.

3) Do you keep a journal?

There is a certain magic is writing things down, things no one else will have to see, and doing it over a period of time. Simple exercises like writing down three things you are grateful for everyday (on bad days I write stuff such as being able to walk, to see, and having food) can help us practice our focus on what is truly important

I was warned against this, for myself, by the Divine Mother years ago (1995?), because it would reinforce both the subtle and more profound aspects of the ego, but i will keep this in mind as maybe a mental exercise?

4) Have you called out the entities (for lack of a better term, you call them entities so let's go with that), blessed them for doing their job, reassured them to not fear, and sent them packing?

I will try this! Also, another "poster" here, who seems to have a lot of history with such things, has offered to help me as well. Thank you for the technique!

Lets consider the entity thing as a useful paradigm for this conversation.

OK

In my limited experience, the vast majority of "entities" are somewhere in the range between psychic cockroaches and simple minded house pets. They have a divine role, just like a cockroach does, but we don't allow cockroaches to run around the pantry. We don't allow the family pet to poop on the floor . "Entities" are the same, they usually do what we allow them to do through ignorance or neglect. This doesn't make them bad or scary or powerful. They are simply critters acting according to their nature, and following their own path to enlightenment.

Yup

One school of thought would say that these entities, seeing you grow and expand and move beyond their influence, are now growing scared. They might see their own existence as being threatened, which is why (again, in my limited experience) being firm with them, blessing them for doing their job, them kicking out of the house (like a dog that poops on the rug or chews up the carpet) while reassuring them not
to fear is often effective. It removes your own fear or repulsion (both forms of attachment imo) of them, and if they are actual beings, gives them the cosmic kick in the butt they need to move on and start attending to their own growth, instead of glomming around and getting under your feet (metaphorically speaking).

I guess that because i don't know their nature and what they are up to (others tell me they are there), i am not sure of how to be sure they are gone. This gets really confusing because i converse with what represent themselves as "Kundalini, Divine Mother, Boddhisattvas...etc. But i could be speaking to imposters too, allowing them to stay because they might be pretending to be helpful.

I wrote under the support section about "Entities", that if they are Helpers, they leave easily when asked and can return. Lower entities will cling and try to convince us to let them stay, and will also commands rather than prompt us in our own doings...YIPES!!!
I think deep-down i fear losing the direct hook-up to the Divine, that i have sought most of my life, if i start dismissing "them". It feels complicated from where i am. I have thought of doing Lesser Banishing Rituals of The Pentagram, which banishes EVERYTHING!...but have backed-down. It sounds like i will have to do a little divination and sort out who-is-who, or something? Your advice has refreshed my perspective, an i will see what i can do with it, now that i am seeing what i am, myself, up to!

Anyway, that is my perspective. Remember that you are a child of the Divine, a beautiful soul with infinite potential that is loved, infinitely. Have a great day!

Thank you so much....that is a great reminder, that i often lose touch with!

You are kind, generous and can obviously relate to what i'm talking about.

Peace and blessings

Rael

Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2010 :  7:19:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Rael,

Life is a teacher.The best of all.No spiritual practice can substitute the power of now.
Keep your eyes open.Listen.Observe.feel (good or bad,no matter,witness is the primordial/real important thing here).enjoy.

Watch,learn.

Namaste, from heart to heart.

Go to Top of Page

Rael

USA
173 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2010 :  8:48:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Rael's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
D
quote:
Originally posted by Shanti

quote:

Also, i was thinking that, since Yogani has stated that one can start [b]Samyama instead of Spinal Breathing
, once some quietude is acquired, possibly i could start a mild practice with that, if maybe it would relieve some very specific difficulties?
Does any of his sound like a reasonable plan to anyone?

Hi Rael,
I still think SpB would be the best next step for you. If you have been celibate, and you have so much excess energy, I really think doing a couple of minutes of SpB will smooth things out a bit.

Dear Shanti,

Since New Year's Day, (as mentioned above) things seemed to have changed energetically. The only remaining "Kundalini-ish" symptoms that i am experiencing are an almost constant light and moist heat at the third eye and just below, even when i'm not upset. I am also a lot less angry except when over-tired, and the sexual energy is always alive too (above). There are also the little nasal bumps (if they apply?)

I have some sort of pattern that i have never been able to break, which is what many experience; i go from one problematic life-style to the next, only changing the scenery and characters as i go. The current one is by far one of the most oppressive. I am desperate to change this at this point, and feel as if , for some reason, my potential to do so is currently due to override my neurosis/unconsciousness, if i put myself in the position to have it happen. Aligning myself with Samyama seemed the perfect movement, but i don't know what the result of SB would be.

If it would stem change and as well provide inner balance, then i am all for it! Would you have a little more detail about why it might suit my situation particularly? As far as i know, my Microcosmic and Macrocosmic Orbits are opened and fused (Chi Kung/Qi Gong), which keeps the sexual energy from being disruptive, and distributes it (to some extent) through the rest of the energetic system, while maintaining healthiness. These are more surface vessels and not like moving energy up deep inside he spine though.

I take all perspectives here seriously, so i am trying to be sure that what you suggest is still based on current and not past signs of when i was feeling more "critical" inside. I also hope not to wear you out on this stuff, as well! This is an area where i don't yet have any experience.

Of course, you are welcome to do samyama if that is what you are feeling drawn to do right now and add SpB later.

Wish you all the best.

Thank you so much Shanti
Many Blessings!

Sincerely,
Rael
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2010 :  9:09:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Rael!!

Yeah get out of this mess!!

Hugs
Go to Top of Page

Rael

USA
173 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2010 :  01:25:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rael's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Perhaps i meant Raw, or cooked. Sounds to me like the Deeep meditation. It does that, least it did that to me when i began. It cleears away layers ( or karmic debris) in the unconcious mind, deep IN there.

Dear Akasha ( i have edited a lot below),

I guess i am just getting used to just how impactful DM really is. Because it is so simple, it's very deceptive! Hearing your words here, gives me a better idea!

If you're really relaxed DM will do it's job.You can do body scans(somatic surveys) and so forth to consciously relax the body beforehand if necessary..

Fortunately, i am good at relaxing...usually TOO good and lose my posture!

AS you are transcending the body through the writhdrawal of the senses - pratyahara-this is like the middle limb in patanjali 8-limbed yoga, and DM draws on 5 & 6,7 & 8- as you venture deeper inwards, more systematically though you can hover about, and be integrating the use of them all..

WOW!

You may even feel sleepy after DM, at times. It is original awareness or pure consciousness that induces a state of bliss, also called turiya the fourth state-like a deep sleep while you.re awake..

This is just great!...this work is so inspiring.....makes me feel like i have the best to look forward to, once i'm steadily off the launching pad!

I'll qoute from wikipedia:-

quote:
In the waking consciousness there is a sense of 'I' (self identity) and awareness of thoughts. In the sleep/dream state there is no or little sense of 'I' but there are thoughts and awareness of thoughts. In the deep sleep state there is no awareness of thoughts or 'I'. In Turiya there is awareness of the 'I' but there are no thoughts. This is what makes it unique from the other 3 states.

I visited that state twice in my life and it really changed the face of life, for sure. even just those two events were self-perpetuating...one for an evening and the other for about two days! I am pleased about the simplicity of the AYP system, because it gets you there, easily and simply!

You need confirmation from others in yoga otherwise you are never sure what you are doing is right, and endlessly experiementing, and exploring.

Yup!

I've omiited the context some of your quotes were in so as not to bulk the post out..But this is my first intro. to kriya yoga in the form of SbP. I will say it does involve consistent daily practice- even a couple of mins, or 5 can make a difference to the rest of your day though... As has been said before it really is up to us to use the tools avaliable.

OK

welcome to a home within your home- the reall home is inwaards as you've discovered- this teeming universe right here inside

It's can be recognized a s the greatest gift, nice you sample it yourself........amazing!

we are very lucky to have you here... ... A chance to put your feet up.....:0)

Thank you, that's VERY sweet...and comphy, hee hee!

So really there is very little to fear with AYP.)The emphasis is on being responsible for your own practice as who else is there to regulate it but yourself.

This is what is so inviting about AYP, it allows for faith to develop from just good advice which comes from good practice and experience!

No one else can do it for you.

There is a lot of astute empowerment offered here, for just that approach!

Plenty of folk have come here with major diffculties including myself which thankfully are on the wane.

I am happy for you, and this fills out my trust even more. This can all seem SO mysterious! If Yogani still has any ego left, he must "glow" as he is overseeing all this rich and dynamic activity that passes through here! (That's Yogani GLOWING!!!...Hah Hah Hah!!!#729;

Let us know about any major suffering and it should be dealt with.

Wow, that is wonderful .

You could have a whole universe of 'entites' as you put it. It is not for me to say what it is you are experiencing- if it real for you then that is what it is..

This is the foggiest aspect still, but some experts are sowing-up on our page here, so i am not giving up on it!

I was like a moth to the Light of the lamp when i found AYP,Yogani's writings , and I know the Light is good.

I can relate to everything you have said here, makes A LOT of sense!

My friend, all of this detail is a treasure, from you and everyone....i feel like i am getting back on track slowly and with more confidence!

Thank from my Heart!
Cosmic Hugs

Rael!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000