Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Will Spinal Breathing Pranayama affect Sex Life ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

aypsisya

USA
14 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2009 :  11:07:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit aypsisya's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello All,

My sincere pranams.

Recently I have charged up with Vital energy, I see there is a lot of blood flow to my penis due to my Anulom-Vilom and AYP's spinal breathing pranayama.

I feel very excited and with lot of energy, is it normal ? Will this subside in the future ?

Also, my question to all of you senior member are : Will Pranayama affect sex life ? because we have known that it subsides the desires, how far it is true ?

I am still young and single, need to understand will this affect my future prospects ?

Thank you !

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2009 :  1:05:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi aypsisya,

Welcome to the forum!

You may find this lesson interesting:

http://www.aypsite.org/54.html

Here is the part where Yogani explains that leaving sex behind only happens if you choose that:

Put simply, kundalini is our connection between sex and spiritual transformation. There are a thousand ways to describe this, but in the end it boils down to the expansion of our sexual function into the spiritual arena, i.e., upward through our nervous system. Some say it is a "transformation" of sexual function, but that implies we are leaving our current sex life behind. "Expansion" of sexual function is a better description. As we consciously encourage the spiritual dimension of sex, maybe we will leave worldly sex behind, and maybe we won't. It is not for anyone to decide but us. It is our choice. Leaving sex behind is not a prerequisite for entering into advanced spiritual experience, not in these lessons, and not in life.

Being excited with lots of energy is quite normal. The energy won't subside, it will only grow more powerful over time and expand outwards and upwards.

So I wouldn't worry about your future prospects. I am sure they will be fine (or more than fine).

Christi
Go to Top of Page

aypsisya

USA
14 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2009 :  5:00:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit aypsisya's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Christi,

Thank you very much for your post ! it gives me a sense of relief and comfort.

quote:
Originally posted by Christi

Hi aypsisya,

Welcome to the forum!

You may find this lesson interesting:

http://www.aypsite.org/54.html

Here is the part where Yogani explains that leaving sex behind only happens if you choose that:

Put simply, kundalini is our connection between sex and spiritual transformation. There are a thousand ways to describe this, but in the end it boils down to the expansion of our sexual function into the spiritual arena, i.e., upward through our nervous system. Some say it is a "transformation" of sexual function, but that implies we are leaving our current sex life behind. "Expansion" of sexual function is a better description. As we consciously encourage the spiritual dimension of sex, maybe we will leave worldly sex behind, and maybe we won't. It is not for anyone to decide but us. It is our choice. Leaving sex behind is not a prerequisite for entering into advanced spiritual experience, not in these lessons, and not in life.

Being excited with lots of energy is quite normal. The energy won't subside, it will only grow more powerful over time and expand outwards and upwards.

So I wouldn't worry about your future prospects. I am sure they will be fine (or more than fine).

Christi

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000