Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 question about the meditation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Username

Lebanon
5 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2009 :  7:39:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Username's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I want to ask how the meditation that AYP advocates different in results or aim from the one that i learned.
The similarities in both are that both are to be done 15/20 min a day twice with simple posture. but the difference is that in AYP a mantra is repeated continously while in the other meditation "shoonya" ,the mantra is recalled only in a series of 2 or 3 times and ONLY WHEN the thoughts come to mind too much or when the meditator become sleepy i.e. most of the time eyes are closed and the meditator looks inside and observes
thanks

Edited by - AYPforum on Dec 21 2009 03:15:36 AM

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2009 :  03:15:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2009 :  6:44:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The one you mention is the type of meditation that is taught in Isha Yoga right? I like that guy very much =)

I can't directly relate to your question, as I don't have experience in shoonya style meditation. But the one of Maitrey Ishwara is very similiar: watch your inside, especially the thoughts, remain the watcher. When you are lost, come back and remain the watcher. This coming back is done in shoonya via mantra as it seems. Is this the only difference?

DM in AYP has two roles, the primary one is purification of the nervous system and nadis through the mantra vibration. Second is bringing the jumpy mind to stilness, again and again through the repetition. This brings the rise of pure bliss awareness, more and more.

The Maitreya type meditation directly disidentifies you with the thoughts in your head and this space is more and more filled with pure bliss awareness.

Shoonya seems to be a combination of both. Surely something that works, as both types of meditation work for me very well.

When it comes to long term effects, can't say much about anything. Some months or years is nothing in comparison to the infinite depths that open up. So if you seek an: which one is better, you most probably won't find an answer. Everyone seeks the best, in most cases the question is only, which one is best for you.

Edited by - Holy on Dec 21 2009 6:54:46 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000