New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2010 :  11:06:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi ik-jivan

quote:
Originally posted by ik-jivan

How is digestion now?

In a word, bizzare. Lately it has been fluxuating pretty drastically. Sometimes I am straight up ravinous and I can eat large amounts of food and it feels fantastic. Other times, I couldn't eat a banana without feeling bloated and over-full. And I still feel "high" after just about every meal, no matter how much or how little I eat. And for about 2 - 2.5 weeks after this dream I had (sorry for the grossness) diarrhea every day. But then 4 days ago there was a "switch" and now I am quite constipated (which I haven't experienced since I stopped doing opiates over a year and a half ago). Nothing has changed in my diet, nothing has changed in my practice routine. I have no clue what is going on.....not that that really matters .

quote:

Did the dream arise before the onset of digestive problems or visa versa?

Vice versa.

quote:

Getting sleepy after meals is normal. Like you, I get 'food high' and 'lunch drunk'. It happens because the blood in our bodies is diverted to serve the digestion process. I think the euphoria and uninhibited feeling/thinking relate to the onset of sleep. We’re just happy inside and the ego/id is going under for the count, so we’re unguardedly happy.

What I am experiencing after eating is different from "getting sleepy". I am quite familiar with the effects of tryptophan (5-HTP) on the human system caused by eating. This is different. This is much more euphoric, and much more stimulating (even though it causes mild opiate-like effects). I would liken it more to an opiate/caffeine high then just a straight opiate high (it's hard for me to describe stuff like this without referencing drugs due to my personal "conditioning".....my frame of reference if you will). There is no lack of energy (due to it being diverted to the digestion process) after eating. In fact there is an increase in energy and it is combined with an intense euphoria. It usually lasts for about an hour after eating.

quote:

Read up on gallbladder disorder symptoms and proteolytic enzymes. Items 1 & 3 look like a tired gallbladder and item 2 looks like intolerance, like lactose intolerance, which would be due to enzyme deficiency.

I'll look into this for sure. But if these were the causes, why would it happen "all of a sudden"? Wouldn't I have been dealing with these symptoms for a lot longer already if this was the case?

quote:

If it were my body, I would take the dreams to be your helpful subconscious letting you know your ego needs to assist with maintenance.

My "ego needs to assist with maintenance"??? Sorry, not following....what do you mean by this? Can you restate for me? Forgive my ignorance

quote:

Relating to the nature of the dream symbols:
Water
To see water in your dream, symbolises your unconscious and your emotional state of mind.

Snake
To see a snake or be bitten by one in your dream, signifies hidden fears and worries that are threatening you. To dream that you are eating a live snake, indicates that you are looking for intimacy or sexual fulfilment.

Interesting .....could very well be true. I am still very much addicted to acts of sexual intimacy. I have a hard time understanding how anyone COULDN'T be . And with a 2 month old baby in the picture now, well, I'm sure you can imagine (or remember to when your child was this age if you have children) how this affects intimate relations with my wife

quote:

I’ve studied a little Jung, but I’m no psychoanalyst.

Likewise

quote:

Neurosis, (actually isn’t a big deal if you deal with the cause), can manifest bodily. If I were Jung, I would likely question if you are having trouble swallowing your current marital relationship, feeling like you are lacking adequate spiritual connection and that your sexual relationship is too carnal for you to stomach. . . or something along that line . . . you get the gist of it . . . relate the bodily sensations to the dream symbols. Also you might want to consider what was present in your past 8-year relationship that isn’t present in your marriage, but that you wish was. I see you have a child now, parenting can be a huge psychic trigger. You might be repressing just because you feel selfish in expressing personal needs . . . think about whether you are feeling neglected or resentful about having to share your wife now.

Wow . Lots to inquire into there. It was easy for me to intuitively answer each point. What was present in my past relationship that isn't in my marriage is....wait for it..... is.........drama. Passionate drama. I don't know that that is a "bad" thing (not that anything is "bad"), but I do know that it is missing. And my wife is certainly not as "spiritual driven" (for lack of a better phrase) as I am. But I have always thought that it was fine that way (as long as it was fine with her that I take time everyday for my own spiritual practices, which it is). Perhaps more inquiry is necessary here.

You've given me lots to inquire into ik-jivan...I thank you.

Love!
Go to Top of Page

B_Bliss

USA
1 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2010 :  11:40:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Shanti
The kind of dreams you are having are similar to the ones I had for almost 6 months after my shaktipath from Nithyananda (or energy darshan as he calls it). I had many shaktipath dreams from him, many very vivid ones, many that were lessons being taught, showing me the way back home ([:D

I've also had energy darshan from Nithyananda last year. A couple of visitations in my dreams too afterwards. In one dream (?), I had a very intense sensation that I felt physically, like an intense tingling or electricity in the area around my tailbone. It was a bit startling actually in it's newness and unfamiliarity. But pleasant.

This topic of dreams is fascinating. Thank you to all for sharing.
Go to Top of Page

ik-jivan

Canada
36 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2010 :  10:10:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
CarsonZi,
Hmmm. . . you might want to observe if you are responding to specific foods in a consistent way. . . again, I am thinking gallbladder or enzyme issues. Sort fat or acid, for instance. Or consider the mineral and vitamin content. I can’t take B vitamin without overdosing and losing my equilibrium for a day. I mean it, I was staggering like a drunk, sliding along the walls and falling backward into my closet after taking just one B complex tablet.

I don’t know what an opiate feels like. Yet, it does seem that the rise in active energy you experience is different from the typical ‘food high’, which is a more lethargic state.

With the gallbladder, everything could be fine until a stone gets stuck, then there is intense pain. You can also have just a sluggish digestion, due to gravel in there, which backs up the process if there’s a lot of fat in your meal, but is just fine if there isn’t. Enzyme deficiency comes with age. It’s all good, but then one day your body just can’t make enough of them anymore, so the processes get backed up. The age when we aren’t producing enough enzymes really depends on past, long-term dietary habits.

Ah, ‘ego needs to assist with maintenance’ . . . just means your body is telling your ego-mind that there is a problem and you – your mind - needs to get it fixed. . . it’s just a philosophy I have about the purpose of the ego . . . it’s the ‘caretaker / janitor’ for the body-complex, so the residents – all the cooperative cells – are telling you there’s a spill that needs to be cleaned up. It could be a psychic spill or it could be a physical spill. Order of dream and condition might be causally significant. Since the physical manifested before the dream, I would think a visit to the doctor is called for.

Self-inquiry or inner dialogue is always a good thing. . . Know yourself and you come to know the Universe.

Cheers!
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2010 :  11:49:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
And the dreams continue....

Haven't had much of a desire to post about them lately, but my god, what is with the "snake" themed dreams!?!?!?! Almost all my dreams lately have had snakes as the central theme. Weird.

One difference I have noticed lately though, is that I have had a bit of a return to my usual lucid dreams. Before receiving shaktipat via a dream I used to have lucid dreams every night. I always knew I was dreaming and could control what I did in the dreams and was not bound by the laws of physics. Lately I have had a bit of a return to lucid dreaming. I am not "controlling" the dreams like I used to, but I am aware that I am dreaming most of the time now.

What a fantastic journey this is.

Love!
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2010 :  11:58:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe you are begining to witness your sleeptime carson (different and deeper than lucid dreams).

Edited by - miguel on Oct 05 2010 12:00:02 PM
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2010 :  12:05:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Miguel

It's different from being "awake", but it's still more or less "conscious". It's interesting because despite the fact that I am dreaming and the dream may have some troublesome content, there is this abiding awareness/calmness/stillness that seems to be aware that it is dreaming and that the content is irrelevant. It just seems to be enjoying whatever is happening because it knows that none of it is "real". Pretty similar to the awake state, just a little less "pronounced" I guess.

Love!

P.S> It's pretty obvious to me that it is only the mind that is interested in the reasons for all the dreams being "snake themed" lately. It's getting increasingly easier to identify what is the awareness and what is the mind....even in dreamstate
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2010 :  1:11:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds wonderful Carson.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2010 :  10:24:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Namaste All

Quick question for anyone who may have some insight for me. During and since the recent retreat in PA I have been having intense purification dreams....lots of stuff being released during dreamsleep. But some of these dreams are very "prophetic" in nature also. Last night I had a dream in which an aquaintance of mine told me that his head was "splitting open," that he was scared, and that he wanted me to hold him. And of course I did. My question is simply; Should I contact my friend to see if he is alright? Or is that reading too much into my dream?

Love!
Go to Top of Page

BuddhiHermit

United Kingdom
84 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2010 :  10:55:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit BuddhiHermit's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Carson,

I'll happily comment on any dreams you'd like to post.
My wife tends to have a lot of intuitive hunches & dreams, and she usually contacts the people concerned. I tend not to, as I don't focus strongly enough on others to get any prophecies about them.

This dream strikes me as an experience of one part of your consciousness noticing that the other part is suffering. It seems consistent with the changes you are going through, which will be so dramatic to seem as if you are splitting into an old you and a new you, and it's fearful.
Taking it literally, you could always hug your fears.
I sometimes hold myself/oldself when I uncover old fears.

Namaste.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2010 :  11:07:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey BuddhiHermit

This thread is loaded with dreams I've had since recieving shaktipat from my unborn daughter (at the time) in a dream. I stopped posting the details of the dreams a while back as I realized I was reading too much into them, looking for meaning where there likely wasn't any, but the dream last night was a little different. It seemed like a call for help. The aquaintance in the dream is someone I have spoken to only once before. Someone who found my website, contacted me, we became FB friends, and that was that. Haven't thought about him much ever since we first conversed (probably about a year or so ago). So having him show up in the dream last night wasn't because I have been "focusing on him"....I haven't thought about him in about a year or so.

In regards to your interpretation of the dream.... I'm not sure which part of my consciousness may be suffering. I'm not experiencing any suffering right now, and haven't for quite a while now. There are definitely some "changes" (releases/openings) happening here, but there doesn't seem to be much suffering (if any). Perhaps I am not looking hard enough. Hahahaha. That was a joke. About hugging my fears.... I honestly can't think of anything I am afraid of. The fear of death was lost a long time ago, the fear of abandonment is gone, the fear of not feeling/being loved does not exist anymore, so I'm not sure what I should be embracing other then Life itself (which is certainly happening on several levels already ).

Any clarification you may have would be appreciated

Love!
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2010 :  11:17:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi

My question is simply; Should I contact my friend to see if he is alright?

Contact him.

I do when I have dreams or visions about someone I know. Generally it is just picking up on something the person is going through (sometimes as simple as a toothache or headache. ). We are all connected, even if the mind does not see it.
Go to Top of Page

purity

USA
10 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2010 :  12:21:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Carson,

Wow! you could write a book on your dreams. I just wanted to share what I read recently in Mandukya Upnishad which talks about the dreams very clearly and its various meanings. I would briefly summarize the what do dreams signfy according to the Upnishad:

Suppressed desires are one of the causes behind dreams. Another reason is complexes created by frustrated desires. But, this is not wholly true. Dreams may have other reasons also; one such reason being the working of past karma. The effects of past karmas, meritorious or unmeritorious, may project themselves into dream when chances are not given to them for expression in waking life.

Also, a thought of some other person may affect you. A friend of yours may be deeply thinking of you; and you may have a dream of him, or you may have a dream with experiences corresponding to his thoughts. Your mother may be far away, crying for you, and her thought can affect you; you may have a dream. All this is equal to saying that a telepathic effect can produce dream. In the case of spiritual seekers, guru’s grace can cause a dream; and catastrophic experiences that one may have to pass through in the waking world may pass lightly as a dream experience by his Guru. Due to the power of the guru, one may have a dream suffering, instead of a waking one. One may have a dream temperature, or fever, instead of a waking fever. One may have a calamity in dream instead of its coming in waking. This is due to the grace of the guru. So, shaktipata can also be a cause of dream.
In dream, the ego subsides, to some extent. You become more normal, one may say, and you approximate yourself more to reality, rather than to artificiality, in dream. Thus, it is easier for these powers to operate in dream than in waking. The opposing will of the ego, which functions in waking, subsides, to a large extent, in dream, and so there is a greater chance provided for the diviner forces to function in the dreaming condition. The physician puts the patient to sleep first, before the healing process can take place, because the ego opposes interference in the waking life, while there is no such opposition in dream and sleep.

So just enjoy ! and let the Guru in you do the necessary work..

Love & Peace,
Purity

Edited by - purity on Nov 04 2010 12:28:44 PM
Go to Top of Page

purity

USA
10 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2010 :  12:22:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry a Typo! it is Mandukya Upnishad
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2010 :  12:25:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by purity

Sorry a Typo! it is Mandukya Upnishad

Hi Purity,
Welcome to the AYP forums!!! Good to see you here.

You can edit your own post BTW, just click on the paper pencil icon on top of your post and it will let you edit it.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2010 :  12:37:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Purity

Awesome! That is exactly what seems to be happening during dream sleep here....there seems to be constant releases and openings every night during dream sleep! Thanks for sharing that! I really appreciate it.

On a side note; I contacted the person today about the dream and he responded with a short; "Everything is fine, hope all is well with you" kind of message. Wasn't expecting much else.

Love!
Go to Top of Page

BuddhiHermit

United Kingdom
84 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2010 :  4:50:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit BuddhiHermit's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the feedback Carson.
I've noticed that dreamwork tends not to be very relevant to Classical Buddhists, Zen, Yoga, or Shamanic practitioners, and are often best viewed as releases and openings (well said Purity).
I also forgot that you've gone past the point where such things have any real relevance.
I imagine that Katrine would be your best guide now.

Namaste.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2010 :  09:53:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi BuddhiHermit

quote:
Originally posted by BuddhiHermit

I've noticed that dreamwork tends not to be very relevant to Classical Buddhists, Zen, Yoga, or Shamanic practitioners, and are often best viewed as releases and openings (well said Purity).

I don't know much about Classical Buddhist or Zen practitioners, but I know that dreamwork is quite important for a lot of Shamanistic practitioners. At least the ones I know/have known. Personally I used to attach lots of "reasons" to my dreams and/or would spend days/weeks/months trying to figure out the meaning of them, but that just doesn't seem as important to me now for whatever reason.

The reason I would classify some of the recent dreams as releases/openings is because upon waking up, the body literally feels like it has released something. That, and sometimes because the content makes it so obvious that there is releasing of sub/unconscious obstructions.

quote:
Originally posted by BuddhiHermit

I also forgot that you've gone past the point where such things have any real relevance.

Hahaha...I'm not "past" anything.

Love!
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2010 :  10:23:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by purity
... a thought of some other person may affect you. A friend of yours may be deeply thinking of you; and you may have a dream of him, or you may have a dream with experiences corresponding to his thoughts. Your mother may be far away, crying for you, and her thought can affect you; you may have a dream. All this is equal to saying that a telepathic effect can produce dream.

Thanks Purity:

I can personally attest to all of the above telepathic and spiritual sorts of dreams, mostly because I asked other people involved and found confirmation. I like the explanation of it in terms of less interference by the ego in the dream state (which points to an advantage of regarding waking life as being like a dream).

Dreams can also sometimes be influenced by photographs coming in the mail. I am thinking of one incident in particular. I dreamed of a woman friend I had known about ten years earlier in church circles, but rarely remembered. I looked her up on the web to see a photo of her. I told my wife about the dream. She said she would like to see a photo. When the mail came her photo was in it. It was in a church periodical.

So I emailed her and we had quick rapport, then later, I visited her in person. She was a skilled worker in the realm of the unseen, and a peacemaker, and a very mature person. She taught me a few things like how to detach from a too close relationship with my mother in the psychic realm. You just snip the link. How freeing! I learned we can make choices like that.

Later I also found an account of dream telepathy used intentionally in regard to images in incoming mail. The book was Tracks in the Psychic Wilderness by Dale E. Graff. Amazing stuff.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000