Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 How Soon After Retreat???
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Parallax

USA
348 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2010 :  07:10:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Parallax's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
The retreat last weekend was an amazingly transcendent experience, I've never experienced inner silence like that...simply incredible.

My bhakti is on fire now, which has me thinking about adding another practice...was thinking Cosmic Samyama (in honor of retreat participant Cosmic ). I took on the first alternative mantra enhancement 2 months ago, and i wouldn't add anything so close to the retreat, but how long should i wait after the retreat before adding something?

Peace

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2010 :  07:49:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Parallax

Wonderful to read of your opening/deepening.

In my experience - after big openings like yours, the residue of the retreat can linger for many weeks. This in itself is like an added practice

This is enough.

When we are on fire - let it burn slowly and gently. The best gift we can give ourselves is to simply be present with the inner experience of deepening. Not add anything. Most times it is enough to stay with the practices we are already engaged in (we can reduce if the fire burns too intense). Simply love - stay with - what is happening right now. That in itself will reveal all you need to "know" .

If you still feel like adding anything after several weeks (I would wait at least a month) -

then amen
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2010 :  2:38:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Parallax

Thanks for asking. This question was on my mind as well.

The second mantra enhancement has been in my "mental queue" since before the retreat, but I've decided to wait until maybe around Christmas to add it.

That silence was powerful, wasn't it? Still living in it as we speak.

Katrine, thanks for your answer. This makes me want to just "stay in the fire" for a while

quote:
Originally posted by Parallax

...was thinking Cosmic Samyama (in honor of retreat participant Cosmic ).

I'm honored, bro

Hope your integration is going smoothly.

Namaste brother
_/\_

Love
cosmic
Go to Top of Page

Parallax

USA
348 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2010 :  3:32:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Parallax's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Katrine!! Thank you for the response; its just what I needed to hear. The tendency here is to want to push (in all areas of life), and the thing that I'm realizing (with your help), is the importance of just being present for the present. Experiencing now, being with it; rather than evaluating it and turning the experience into some "goal"...even if its a pretty awesome goal.

Thank you for your wisdom and your guidance

Cosmic, that Silence was powerful...and now that "regular daily life" is starting to slowly pull me back, I'm not wanting to let go of it...which itself is a constriction!!! To quote a good friend...Just gotta relax and accept.

The integration so far has been pretty smooth, but I am definitely sleeping more and feeling like I need the sleep. Not feeling particularly motivated for work or for socializing...and there is definitely a feeling that something in me is different. Not going to try to analyze it too much (despite my natural desire to). Just grateful for having been a part of it

Miss you already brother!!

Go to Top of Page

mikkiji

USA
219 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2010 :  5:27:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit mikkiji's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My guru would never have us add anything new to our practices until 6 months had passed since the last addition.
Michael
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2010 :  6:04:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

The integration so far has been pretty smooth, but I am definitely sleeping more and feeling like I need the sleep. Not feeling particularly motivated for work or for socializing...and there is definitely a feeling that something in me is different. Not going to try to analyze it too much (despite my natural desire to). Just grateful for having been a part of it

Great to hear, man

quote:

Miss you already brother!!

As do I, bro.

At the same time, I feel very connected to everyone (i.e. "all beings" ). I've noticed since the retreat that if I think about someone and be silent, I feel they are with me. It's like the silence/love connects us all.

Don't mind my off-topic sidetrack

Love
cosmic
Go to Top of Page

DansInEveryWay

USA
26 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2010 :  12:19:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
maaaaan, fantastic question parallax! i've had some OV issues after adding the mantra enhancement since coming home, and making samyama a consistent practice has pushed it a bit too far. yes, being open with a slow burn rather than stomping on the gas seems wise in order to maintain and integrate everything in awareness.

*whistles* as always, katrine, your guidance is spot on for me. thank you.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000