New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2009 :  10:54:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello Friends

I know there has been a fair amount of discussion on dreams in the forums in the past, but what is going on here is pretty unusual (for me) and I haven't found a dream topic in the Forums that quite captures what is happening here, so I am wondering if others have experienced anything similar.....

Ever since the night when I had "The Shaktipat Dream" which was written about here: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=6737 I have had the most intense, vivid, memorable and non-lucid dreams I have ever experienced. I actually look forward to going to sleep now because it's like going to bed and watching a movie or two while the body rests.....it's really quite awesome. And there has only been one night since that first dream where I haven't had (or remembered) my dreams. Basically every single night since then there has been what feels like a very important dream, all for different reasons though.

As I believe I said in the linked thread, I have always had lucid dreams....the Shaktipat Dream was the first non-lucid dream I have ever had (or at least that I have ever remembered). And I haven't had a lucid dream since. But I have remembered every single one come the following morning, and often remember more then one if I have more then one (usually they have been epic, night long dreams though). In most of these dreams I have been seeing friends and aquaintances I have not seen since childhood. Many of them I haven't even thought about in more then a dozen or more years. Some have been sexual, some have been chase dreams, some have been obvious "information transmission dreams" (meaning "going to school/learning things I didn't know before" type of dreams) but they have all included people from my past (most that I am no longer in contact with) and they have all been incredibly vivid....just like living in the "real" world, only I wake up in the morning. Some have been very "prophetic" seeming dreams as well (especially the first one, the Shaktipat dream, but a few others as well).

I don't want to put any undue emphasis on these dreams, and I don't want to/haven't been analyze(ing) them either, but I am starting to wonder (after last nights dream) if I should be. Laast nights dream involved my ex-girlfrend, the one I was with for almost 8 years before I started dating my wife. I won't go into any specifics, but this dream in particular gave me the impression that there is still something to "deal with" in regards to her. But like I said just above, I don't want to spend time analyzing (anything really) and I don't want to start bringing things up with people for (seemingly) no reason. Has anyone gone through a phase similar to this? If so, was it important to analyze the dreams and begin to deal with the (almost obvious) subconscious issues that seem to be being highlighted in them? Or did you just have them, ignore them and continue on with "real" life? Are these dreams trying to tell me that I need to resolve some subconscious issues, or are these dreams themselves resolving some subconscious issues?

Any advice, suggestions, thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Love.

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2009 :  11:31:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi

If so, was it important to analyze the dreams and begin to deal with the (almost obvious) subconscious issues that seem to be being highlighted in them? Or did you just have them, ignore them and continue on with "real" life? Are these dreams trying to tell me that I need to resolve some subconscious issues, or are these dreams themselves resolving some subconscious issues?

Ignore them? No. Solve them? No. If they are coming up in your dreams, or at times just a sudden impression of it in your waking state, it is because purification is going on and things are being worked on deep inside of you... in your sleep, in your meditation, in your silence. Your mind can jump in and want to find a solution, but the guru in you/the stillness knows now there is only allowing... hence you have phrased you question as you have, and yet your mind feels like something needs to get done... hence the post.

If in your sleep state or waking state, you get the impression...
quote:

but this dream in particular gave me the impression that there is still something to "deal with" in regards to her.

Take the feeling, impression and let it go in stillness, like samyama. "You" cannot solve anything other than give the mind another toy (solution) to play with. At times, doing a mind level self inquiry (like Katie) will give you solutions, but then to get it all the way out of your system, only smayama like self inquiry help (actually, Katie type inquiry... the last part, "Embracing Reality", when actually done beyond the mind will give the same effect, however, it is hard to do this with the mind). Whenever you come to a point you are not sure, ask and let go in stillness and even if the mind is not happy with the answer, you will feel an inner shift in knowing it is resolved.

Did you get physical shaktipath while you were at your teachers training? Did anyone touch your forehead or third eye or bless you... some form of shaktipath... with or without your knowledge? The kind of dreams you are having are similar to the ones I had for almost 6 months after my shaktipath from Nithyananda (or energy darshan as he calls it). I had many shaktipath dreams from him, many very vivid ones, many that were lessons being taught, showing me the way back home (literally, in one dream I was really lost and stopped at a rest stop and a poor old lady handed me all her money (coins) and a paper, which then became words from Krishna giving me driving directions back home... I felt my heart ripping apart.. I have never cried that much in my dreams as that one... this lady gave me her last penny so I could go home and Krishna gave me directions... it opened my heart wide.)... many from many masters. At first I did go into, "Wow.. what could this one mean? Maybe something I need to do, something I have to still let go, some message I need to find from these dreams". But really, the only thing that did help was what I have written above. If you want to help the process, any time the though comes up, gently release it in stillness and let the stillness take care of it. The more mind you get out of the way, the quicker the stillness will have a chance to get the undoing done.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2009 :  12:15:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shanti and thank you for the wonderful advice....

quote:
Originally posted by Shanti

Ignore them? No. Solve them? No.

Haha...yes, nothing to solve for sure. There has never really been the inclination to try to solve anything that has come up in the dreams, only the inclination to "look at little deeper" at them. Which is likely the mind trying to take control again....I can see this. Thanks

quote:

If they are coming up in your dreams, or at times just a sudden impression of it in your waking state, it is because purification is going on and things are being worked on deep inside of you... in your sleep, in your meditation, in your silence. Your mind can jump in and want to find a solution, but the guru in you/the stillness knows now there is only allowing... hence you have phrased you question as you have, and yet your mind feels like something needs to get done... hence the post.

Hahaha....silly mind. I will continue to just allow things to purify as they are. That is how I have been currently dealing with these already....I will continue as I am.

quote:

If in your sleep state or waking state, you get the impression...
quote:

but this dream in particular gave me the impression that there is still something to "deal with" in regards to her.

Take the feeling, impression and let it go in stillness, like samyama.

Yes, perfect. My samyama practice has recently taking a turn for the "long"....meaning samyama has become a 20 minute or more length practice as of late (no intention for this, just a few extra sutras [things to drop]) and a little extra silence is happening between the sutras. As these impressions come up, I will choose to release them into silence instead of entertaining the idea that I should be focussing on/fixing them.

quote:

"You" cannot solve anything other than give the mind another toy (solution) to play with. At times, doing a mind level self inquiry (like Katie) will give you solutions, but then to get it all the way out of your system, only smayama like self inquiry help (actually, Katie type inquiry... the last part, "Embracing Reality", when actually done beyond the mind will give the same effect, however, it is hard to do this with the mind). Whenever you come to a point you are not sure, ask and let go in stillness and even if the mind is not happy with the answer, you will feel an inner shift in knowing it is resolved.

I don't think I have ever had the mind be happy with an answer...best to "bypass" the mind all together I guess

quote:

Did you get physical shaktipath while you were at your teachers training? Did anyone touch your forehead or third eye or bless you... some form of shaktipath... with or without your knowledge?

No, not that I know of. The shaktipat dream occured 2 nights after I met "Jaisri" the ayurvedic doctor (the one I HAD to tell about the dream after it happened) and 2 nights after I "lost" my addiction to marijuana, but she never touched me, and she said that it was "the feminine energy my wife is pregnant with" that gave me shaktipat (but as I said in the linked thread, I never told her I was married, nor that my wife was pregnant, nor that we were pretty sure that the baby is a girl). After talking with her a few times, it didn't seem like she had anything to do with the dream, just that she had some sort of insight into who was behind it/had given it to me (my "future" daughter). If you remember, in February I signed up for that global mahasiddha yoga global shaktipat and recieved "long distance" shaktipat then, but that was nothing like what occured in the dream I had. In the dream when the girl touched my forehead I became paralyzed and everything went black except for "the star". I was still "conscious" during the "blackout", and was even able to speak (I was asked "What do you see"? and I responded saying, "Nothing, just the star".) but lost control of being able to move (for a while) and couldn't see anything but emptiness and a bright white star.

quote:

The kind of dreams you are having are similar to the ones I had for almost 6 months after my shaktipath from Nithyananda (or energy darshan as he calls it). I had many shaktipath dreams from him, many very vivid ones, many that were lessons being taught, showing me the way back home (literally, in one dream I was really lost and stopped at a rest stop and a poor old lady handed me all her money (coins) and a paper, which then became words from Krishna giving me driving directions back home... I felt my heart ripping apart.. I have never cried that much in my dreams as that one... this lady gave me her last penny so I could go home and Krishna gave me directions... it opened my heart wide.)... many from many masters.

That sounds absolutely wonderful Shanti. I have not met any "masters" (that I know of) in my dreams, just dreamt of dozens and dozens of people I have not seen or thought of in a very long time. Most of the dreams could easily be interpreted as symbolic, but I have in general stayed away from trying to interpret them and have tried to just enjoy them. It really has been like going to bed and watching movies (that I am the main character in) every night.

quote:

At first I did go into, "Wow.. what could this one mean? Maybe something I need to do, something I have to still let go, some message I need to find from these dreams". But really, the only thing that did help was what I have written above. If you want to help the process, any time the though comes up, gently release it in stillness and let the stillness take care of it. The more mind you get out of the way, the quicker the stillness will have a chance to get the undoing done.

Done.....I will forget about trying to understand/interpret/analyze these dreams and everytime I have the thought that I should, I will release it into silence. That's basically what I have been doing anyways. My only reason for asking this today was because the dream last night was very obviously a representation of a subconscious impression still left from my previous relationship.....basically a feeling that I should not still "love" this person the way I do still....that it is a form of being unfaithful to my wife. But I can see it as just a thought now, and I can release this, the dream, and the desire to understand this all into silence. That has become second nature now, so....time to stop fighting the process I guess

Thanks for helping me see this and be at peace with it.

Much Love.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2009 :  12:19:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ok....I just have to share a crazy dream I had last night...it was....well, I don't even know what kind of words to use....bizarre maybe.

Last night's dream was a 2-parter....It went like this:

I was my father in the first part. Watching my son (at about age 5-6 or so), who is, me . My son, (me) came to me (my dad) in the dream and showed me his bare back saying that he had something crawling under his skin. I (my father) looked at my son's back and could see what looked like worms crawling under the skin...it freaked me out. Didn't seem to bother my son, but it looked very very strange and I was quite concerned. The worms were moving pretty quickly, much faster then worms actually move and they were all over the back, pretty spread out. I asked him (my son) how the worms got there and he may have said that he ate one, but I don't remember if that was actually said or if that is just how I (my father) thought they would have got there.

Then the dream moved into the second part...my wife and I were on an airplane. Not like any airplane I have ever been on though....the inside was probably 200 yards across and had 5 or so seats on the two outside rows and maybe 8 seats in the centre aisle. There were also walls seperating certain areas of the plane (front to back) and the plane was enormously long. My wife and I for some reason were not sitting together and we were seperated by one of these walls....no one was sitting next to me on the plane. In the dream I remember sitting for what seemed like hours and hours waiting for it to take off. At one point I remember a group of flight attendants who were sitting in the front row of the centre aisle smoking cigarettes and being really annoyed by this so I got up and gave them $h!t. They told me to screw off but they stopped smoking. Soon after returning to my seat the plane took off....but once we got maybe 500 yards into the air the plane took a pretty sharp downturn and I remember some people saying "We're gonna crash!"....the plane soon leveled off and we didn't crash, but it stayed very low in the air...maybe 100 feet in the air. As we flew off the runway I could see that there were a bunch of sets of power lines in front of the plane and I remember watching the plane fly under the power lines wondering if we were going to hit them because we were very very close. At one point I saw 3 other planes headed in the opposite direction very close to our plane, also going under power lines, and there was almost a collision in the air between two of them and us, one on either side of the plane I was in.

At this point I started to wake up, but was still not lucid and this is where things got really wierd....the dream shifted back to the worm dream, but I was now myself at my current age...I could feel (literally in my body at this point both in the awake state and the dream state [partially what made this part of the dream so wierd]) that the "worms" had conglomerated into a mass at the base of my spine...it felt SOOOOOOO crazy. I could feel them twisting, and pulsating and moving at the base of my spine and I was awake enough at this point to think that I was going crazy and was going to have to go to the hospital to get them removed or something. The thought of "maybe this is a kundalini sensation" never entered my mind until I became lucid (which happened maybe 5 minutes later) at which point the sensation sort of died.

I don't know (and don't care) what this dream meant, if anything at all, but it was just sooooo strange and so, well I don't know, that I had to share it.

Hope you enjoyed

Love,

Edited by - CarsonZi on Dec 18 2009 12:29:54 PM
Go to Top of Page

christiane

Lebanon
319 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2009 :  1:19:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit christiane's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Hope you enjoyed

uh.... how to say.. well, I enjoyed everything except the worms!
I can deal with any crawling species except worms since I was a child! (dono why!)

But!...

"worm"
"the plane was enormously long"
"pulsating and moving at the base of my spine "

... no comment! just inquiring.!.

Can I ask you what you ate at dinner?
Did you have any fruit?

Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2009 :  1:42:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Christiane....

What!?!?! You have an aversion to wormies

What did I have for dinner? Well I'm a little ashamed to admit that I had a really crappy $5 pizza for dinner ..... I had the most insanely busy day yesterday, and my wife had to work late and then went Christmas shopping (so I didn't have to cook for two) and I only had about 45 minutes in between getting home from running the dogs and my weekly AYP meditation group so, I cooked a premade pizza from Superstore and had a few slices of it for dinner. No fruit. It is probably the least nutritious dinner I have had in several months, and I'm a little embarassed to have to share this, but....you know me....always giving more info about myself then anyone really wanted to know so....there it is

The dreams I have been having lately are so "out there" and so unexpected, that it is hard to see what would cause them. They often have seemingly little or nothing to do with my daily life, so....????

For example, the other day I had a dream that I lost one shoe. I spent the entire night trying to find my shoe (so I could skateboard home in comfort). I also recently had a dream (two nights ago) that I was helping someone I have never met (only seen him walking around my neighbourhood every so often) build a deck in his backyard out of plywood that was about an eighth of an inch thick. And he had no bracing in the deck so the plywood was really saggy and wouldn't have held a 30 pound toddler up. Also had a dream recently that me and about 15 other people were kidnapped by a group of 5 or so kids that I knew in elementary school (but were 2 years younger then I) who stuck us in a basement. I managed to escape (without any pants I should add) but was unable to find my way out of the neighbourhood to the train station. They chased me all over the neighbourhood until I found a party (being hosted by a kid I knew from church and his older brother I knew from hockey when I was maybe 9 or 10) and then the dream ended.

There rarely seems to be any sort of reasoning behind the dreams these days, but they are really consistant....every single night I have at least one non-lucid incredibly vivid dream that I remember.

I have/am taking Shanti's advice and not latching onto the need for interpretation, and am just enjoying them, but I think I am going to start using this thread to keep track of them.

Here's another one I had about a week ago.

I was in a class, taking some kind of computer course when I realized an old friend of mine was also in the class. She was someone I knew from church during elementary school and I sort of had a crush on her except she was a couple of years older then me and I knew I had no chance with her. Anyways, at one point we took a break from class to go to the bathroom and everyone headed to this area that had two outhouses in it. When it was my turn, I went into the outhouse and sat down to do my business. This was when I realized that even with the door shut there was about a foot wide strip all the way up the one side of the door that people could see through. And I noticed that the whole class was filing past my outhouse and looking inside at me taking a dump. All the girls seemed to think this was really cool though and would look in on me and smile big flirtatious smiles at me. Eventually back in the classroom, my friend and I grabbed computers next to each other to work. And at one point she leaned over and put her hand on my leg....and then moved it up a bit and grabbed my junk! This is when the dream ended. So wierd, and I have no idea what to think about it. obviously I shouldn't think about/analyze/try to interpret it...it would only drive me crazy.

Anyways, hope things are starting to smooth out a bit for you....

Love,

Edited by - CarsonZi on Dec 18 2009 1:53:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

christiane

Lebanon
319 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2009 :  1:59:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit christiane's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Gosh! your night life is as or even more busy than your day one!
A famous enlightened one said that dreams are nothing but what we miss (or sometimes repress) in daily life..
The enlightened one is fully awaken in his /her sleep, and he has no dreams anymore..

I think your dreams are very helpful to release all the stress and busyness of the day..

No need to waste time in interpretations.. like u said..
Noticing is enough!

Me, fine, sleeping very well, deeply, and 2 nights ago, I experienced somthing pleasurably weird:
I changed the orientation of my sleep: instead of sleeping with head to the North, I put my head in the opposite direction..and this is the best way to sleep.
This same night, I had no dreams, rather an empty darkness, and at some point, I 'saw' like I would see with eyes open, but they were closed.. I 'saw' my body sleeping and was aware of the change in direction, and consciously, I knew that, opening my physical eyes, I would see the door appearing in front of me. Then I opened the eyes and woke up 80-90%.. but this awaken state during sleep has been missed! I had it months ago, when the energy was high..
It feels sooo relaxing and ..whole/fulfilling.. you feel limitless, beyond the limits of the physical body..
Keep on sharing your dreams Carson!

Going to sleep now... let's see what's on the dreams menu tonight!

Edited by - christiane on Dec 18 2009 2:05:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

adamantclearlight

USA
410 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2009 :  2:32:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit adamantclearlight's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I went through this a few years ago. Huge, monumental, biblically symbolic, like change the direction of the universe huge..., but following my nose to get to the deeper or underlying meaning sent off chasing rainbows and tilting at windmills. Take a look at the book I recommended...

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=6883 <-here.

The lucid dreams you were having were good. These non-lucid dreams you are having are not. Why? Because, now you think there is something big and meaningful going on. That is attachment. You are telling all of us and reifying what is less true than before. Your lucid dreams are ideal dreams, because you know you are dreaming. You need to know you are dreaming right now, and that all these phenemona are just like little mirages disappearing over the horizon. There is no deeper meaning than that.

Adamant

Edited by - adamantclearlight on Dec 18 2009 3:07:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2009 :  3:19:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Carson :)
After a person quits smoking pot they start to notice their dreams again. I too had this experience when I quit a long time ago, so did my brother. That is part of what they mean by smoking pot clouds up your finer bodies. So, if you are noticing your dreams more and more it is a good sign!

Here is a link that has some very interesting perspectives on dreaming: (From the Merging with Siva book):

http://www.himalayanacademy.com/res...s_ch-35.html

quote:

We want to forget bad dreams as quickly as possible, lest by remembering them through the conscious mind we impress them in the immediate subconscious and make them manifest in daily life. To think about a bad dream is to create. To forget it is to avoid creating. Therefore, if you have the slightest worry about dreams and are not directly under a guru's guidance on a daily basis, it is best to let them slide by and consider them unimportant and not a part of you, as you would consider a television program to be.

That is just one quote from that chapter, however the whole chapter is quite comprehensive and covers everything from dreams to astral travel to group dreams by tibetan masters..

Hope this adds to your perspective..

:)
TI
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2009 :  3:20:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Dude

quote:
Originally posted by adamantclearlight

I went through this a few years ago. Huge, monumental, biblically symbolic, like change the direction of the universe huge..., but following my nose to get to the deeper or underlying meaning sent off chasing rainbows and tilting at windmills.

Not sure I understand what you are saying, but if you are saying that I should not be looking for meaning behind the dreams, I am not. Just sharing them because they are kinda funny, and really wierd.

quote:

Take a look at the book I recommended...

Perhaps you want to send it to me for Christmas I'm totally broke this time of year....when I have extra dough perhaps I will pick it up. Got an awful lot on my plate these days though....not much time for reading unless it is really really necessary....then I will read instead of sleep....

quote:

The lucid dreams you were having were good. These non-lucid dreams you are having are not.

You know that there is no "good and bad" right???....everything just IS. Nothing is either good OR bad. And these dreams are not a step backward as you are implying. They are just what is happening here right now. No attachment one way or the other....nowhere to get to, nothing to become.

quote:

Why? Because, now you think there is something big and meaningful going on.

Really? You know me better then I know myself!

quote:

That is attachment.

Attachment is thinking that one style of dreaming is "better" then another. I could be lucid in these dreams if I wanted....I don't want to. I am enjoying not trying to control everything these days. I am enjoying letting Life take me where it does and not trying to dictate reality to reality. Know what I mean?

quote:

You are telling all of us and reifying what is less true than before.

Really? Hmmmmmm......Buddhists and their "reifying" (kidding)

quote:

Your lucid dreams are ideal dreams, because you know you are dreaming.

Ideal is relative. Even the word "ideal" comes from the word "idea" which is something I try to stay away from. No grasping

quote:

You need to know you are dreaming right now, and that all these phenemona are just like little mirages disappearing over the horizon. There is no deeper meaning than that.

Already got that Bro Thanks for the book recommendation.

Love,

Edited by - CarsonZi on Dec 18 2009 3:23:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2009 :  3:44:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi TI

quote:
Originally posted by Tibetan_Ice

After a person quits smoking pot they start to notice their dreams again.

Yes, that was for sure my experience too. I was having dreams before I completely quit smoking pot, but nowhere near the consistancy of these latest dreams (every single night without fail) and the dreams then were much less like "dreams" and more like me just playing around with my mind (my old dreams were basically me flying around, practicing "escaping" by fancy "jump-flying" techniques). Not sure that makes sense, but I can't really come up with a way of saying it clearer.

quote:

I too had this experience when I quit a long time ago, so did my brother. That is part of what they mean by smoking pot clouds up your finer bodies. So, if you are noticing your dreams more and more it is a good sign!

I'm not just noticing my dreams more and more...I am remembering every single one, (and despite how adamant has tried to make it seem with his post above, I am aware that I am dreaming, I can even tell how long each dream lasts in "real time", I just choose not to try and control what is happening) and they have a "vividness" to them like I have never experienced before. They are exactly like "real life". (and I put "real life" in quotes, because I realize that there is nothing more "real" about "life" then there is in a "dream")

quote:

Here is a link that has some very interesting perspectives on dreaming: (From the Merging with Siva book):

http://www.himalayanacademy.com/res...s_ch-35.html

quote:

We want to forget bad dreams as quickly as possible, lest by remembering them through the conscious mind we impress them in the immediate subconscious and make them manifest in daily life. To think about a bad dream is to create. To forget it is to avoid creating. Therefore, if you have the slightest worry about dreams and are not directly under a guru's guidance on a daily basis, it is best to let them slide by and consider them unimportant and not a part of you, as you would consider a television program to be.

Yes, I agree that it is important to not focus on things you don't want to manifest in "reality". I don't really focus on the dreams I am having, I am just enjoying sharing them cause they're so different from the types of dreams I am used to having..... The dream last night with the worms, and the feeling of them moving around at the base of my spine even while I was awake, was really really insane....

quote:

That is just one quote from that chapter, however the whole chapter is quite comprehensive and covers everything from dreams to astral travel to group dreams by tibetan masters..

Cool man! Thanks for sharing!

Love,
Go to Top of Page

adamantclearlight

USA
410 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2009 :  9:01:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit adamantclearlight's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Hey Dude

quote:

I went through this a few years ago. Huge, monumental, biblically symbolic, like change the direction of the universe huge..., but following my nose to get to the deeper or underlying meaning sent off chasing rainbows and tilting at windmills.

Not sure I understand what you are saying, but if you are saying that I should not be looking for meaning behind the dreams, I am not. Just sharing them because they are kinda funny, and really wierd.

quote:

Take a look at the book I recommended...

Perhaps you want to send it to me for Christmas I'm totally broke this time of year....when I have extra dough perhaps I will pick it up. Got an awful lot on my plate these days though....not much time for reading unless it is really really necessary....then I will read instead of sleep....

quote:

The lucid dreams you were having were good. These non-lucid dreams you are having are not.

You know that there is no "good and bad" right???....everything just IS. Nothing is either good OR bad. And these dreams are not a step backward as you are implying. They are just what is happening here right now. No attachment one way or the other....nowhere to get to, nothing to become.

quote:

Why? Because, now you think there is something big and meaningful going on.

Really? You know me better then I know myself!

quote:

That is attachment.

Attachment is thinking that one style of dreaming is "better" then another. I could be lucid in these dreams if I wanted....I don't want to. I am enjoying not trying to control everything these days. I am enjoying letting Life take me where it does and not trying to dictate reality to reality. Know what I mean?

quote:

You are telling all of us and reifying what is less true than before.

Really? Hmmmmmm......Buddhists and their "reifying" (kidding)

quote:

Your lucid dreams are ideal dreams, because you know you are dreaming.

Ideal is relative. Even the word "ideal" comes from the word "idea" which is something I try to stay away from. No grasping

quote:

You need to know you are dreaming right now, and that all these phenemona are just like little mirages disappearing over the horizon. There is no deeper meaning than that.

Already got that Bro Thanks for the book recommendation.

Love,

Wow Dude, It looks like you have it all figured out. That's totally awesome Bro. I really appreciate your sincerity.

Adamant

P.S. Clarifying. One dream is not better than the other. Lucid dreams are useful on the path. Non-lucid dreams are not. Enjoy. That's what it's all about right? Enjoyment?

Edited by - adamantclearlight on Dec 18 2009 9:30:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2009 :  3:45:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Here's another silly dream I'll share with you all....

Had a dream that I was trying to file my taxes.....but the place I had to file them at was in a 1930's like building and the only way in or out was up the fire escape. After a lot of stair climbing I crawled through the window and into the office I was to file my taxes in. Once inside I realized that this "office" was actually a Tailoring business. There were people inside being fitted for suits and stuff. I went up to the front desk with my paperwork and told the clerk I was there to submit my taxes....He told me that I couldn't do it there because I had no shirt on. I looked down at myself and realized he was right....I wasn't wearing any shirt. A little bit dismayed that I had climbed all the way up there for no reason, I crawled back out the window and descended the fire escape. Once on the ground I found myself standing in a train station waiting for a train. Again I was in no shirt, paperwork still in hand, but it was now very cold out and I was having a hard time due to my lack of apparel. When the train arrived I found that I wasn't allowed onto the it because the other passengers were offended by my lack of clothing. Then I woke up.

I find it really funny that the common theme in a lot of my dreams as of late, is that I am missing at least one item of clothing. Wierd.

Love,

Edited by - CarsonZi on Dec 23 2009 3:50:55 PM
Go to Top of Page

christiane

Lebanon
319 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2009 :  3:53:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit christiane's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2009 :  3:09:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Namaste Friends

Figured I would share a one of my recent "less disturbing" dreams (some just aren't appropriate for sharing on a public forum)

Two nights ago I had a double dream....meaning I dreamt the same dream twice in a row. It went like this:

I died. Don't remember how I died, but I knew I was dead. I was "put" on a small Cesna-like water plane (the kind that takes off and lands on water....not really sure what they are called, never been on one before) and was strapped in with 3 or 4 other people and a pilot. We took off, and very similar to my other plane dream written about above, once we got to about 500feet we took a sharp dip and it seemed we were going to crash (although we weren't flying under power lines this time, this time it was caused by a crazy storm). Eventually we got through the storm and ascended up into the heavens. Once we reached "the upper realms" (heaven) we landed on an ocean in the sky, right beside a big cruise-like ship. This ship was incredibly crowded though and there was no room to even get to the sides of the ship because there were rafts attached to rafts attached to rafts etc all the way around the ship for miles and miles. People were living on their rafts and had tents and housing set up on the rafts, and there was basically the same situation on the cruise ship as far as I could tell (I couldn't get there). I spent the rest of the dream walking around meeting people going from raft to raft trying to find somewhere to set up a home for myself. Then I woke up, went pee, went back to bed and had the exact same dream over again. The second time I knew right away that I was dreaming and the plane almost crashing was of no concern the second time around.

Here's another one I had this morning during my rest period after mediation....I dreamt I was playing slot machines at a casino (never done this before)...on my first pull I won $59,000. It took two "trays" to hold all the coins and it was so heavy I couldn't carry it myself....had to get a cart. I was worried about getting mugged in the dream.

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas, and are gearing up for a spectacular New Years!

Love.

Edited by - CarsonZi on Dec 29 2009 3:52:03 PM
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2010 :  2:37:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Here's a couple more bizzare dreams I've had recently....

My wife and I went out for dinner with the guitarist and the bassist for the band "Our Lady Peace" and their (one of their, they weren't a couple in my dream) young daughter (don't know how I knew that this is who we were eating with, I just did. I don't listen to, nor enjoy OLP so I don't know any of the members, but I just knew this is who we were eating with). Anyways, we were eating at a breakfast sort of restaurant, like a Denny's or a Humpty's or something, and I was having waffles with strawberries and whipped cream on top (not something I would normally eat for breakfast). Well, after breakfast (which took quite a long time and there was an ample amount of small talk exchanged in the dream) we all got into a small 4 door car and went for a drive. My wife was in the front passenger seat, and I was in the back with one of the OLP members seperated by a car seat and their child sitting in it. After much random driving around (in the snow) we pulled into a gas station to refuel. The OLP member who was driving the car got out and put the nozzle in the hole for the refueling and started to gas up. I got out of the car and walked a bit away and lit a cigarette (I think that's what I was smoking, but am not 100% sure. I don't think it was a joint though, I would have remembered that for sure.....FYI I don't and haven't smoked cigs for a long time now....). While I was smoking I watched the OLP member driving the car (while the nozzle was still inserted and pumping gas) back up and park about 50 feet away from the pump, in a parking stall outside the station entrance. I remember being completely astonished that the hose went that far and wondering if someone/hoping that no one would drive up to an adjacent pump and snag their car on the hose. After finishing my smoke and they were finished refueling, I got back in the car in the backseat beside the child, and noticed that my wife was now in the drivers seat. I remember having a twinge of fear as my wife doesn't drive in "real" life and it was snowy out and the road conditions were poor at best. Either way, she drove off and was driving quite well regardless of the road conditions. So, trusting that we weren't going to crash due to my wife's lack of driving experience, I turned my attention to the child beside me. She was 4 years old (again, don't know how I knew this) but was obviously a totally prematurely born baby as she was about the size of a 6 or 8 month old. But we had a conversation like she was an adult and I remember being amazed that I could carry on a full ocnversation with someone so tiny....she was like a miniature adult. This was when I noticed that she was wearing baby-sized stiletto heels, although they weren't quite like adult stilettos. The shoes had stiletto heels but the bottom of the "point" was attached to the ball of the shoe with a flat section so that the entire surface of the shoe would touch the ground....kinda hard to describe....never seen a shoe like that in "real" life before. Anyways, this is where the dream ended.

Another dream I had recently was one in which I did the only drug I have not done before.....PCP. (PCP is in a class of drugs called "dissociative anaestetics"....the only drugs that exist in that catagory are Ketamine, PCP, and DXM which is the active ingredient in most cough syrups). In this dream I was sitting at an outdoor "burger joint" with a group of people I have never met in "real" life. We were hanging out talking around a picnic table when one girl brought out a little tin that was filled with marijuana buds that were covered in a dark resin. I knew right away that this was PCP resin (even though PCP is a clear fluid that you would "dip" a joint in before smoking it) and the girl who's tin it was confirmed this. I asked her if I could roll myself a joint of it as I have always wanted to smoke PCP and had just never had the opportunity. She said "knock yourself out" and I took a rolling paper out of the tin and began to work on rolling this very resined, very sticky ganja into a doobie. I remember having difficulty rolling it as tried to rub the resin covered buds on the rollie to get an even coating of the "PCP" on the paper....this proved to be quite difficult and I remember being a little frustrated that it was taking me so long as I was quite excited to try it. Eventually I got the paper evenly covered in the PCP resin, put some ganja on the paper and rolled it all into a joint, even though my fingers were now also covered in resin. I then lit it up and proceeded to smoke the PCP laced joint. I don't really know how to explain the high I got, but I can almost gaurantee that it wsa identical to how it would be if I had actually smoked a PCP laced joint (I have extensive experience with both Ketamine and DXM and have read dozens and dozens of PCP trip reports on Erowid). I don't remember how the dream ended, but I remember waking up and still feeling a bit intoxicated and wondering what was "real". This dream was a really wierd one. Similar to the "worm" dream written about above (http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....D=6871#61568) in that the "feelings" during the dream were perceptible for a while even while in the waking state.

Anyways, I know these dreams "mean" nothing, just enjoy sharing them with you all

Have a great day/evening/now

Love.
Go to Top of Page

delta33

Canada
100 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2010 :  9:43:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit delta33's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
...Are these dreams trying to tell me that I need to resolve some subconscious issues, or are these dreams themselves resolving some subconscious issues?

there is a yellow paperback book laying sideways on the top shelf at the tibetan trom shop in eau claire market called "the tibetan yogas of dream and sleep"

you may find it interesting

Edited by - delta33 on Jan 06 2010 9:50:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2010 :  11:57:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
And the dreams continue.....every night without fail. Last nights dream was very frustrating yet interesting.

My wife and I were trying to go downtown on the C-Train (this is the commuter train here in Calgary) (side note: the train seems to be a common element in many of my dreams). We arrive at the station to find that there is like a mile long lineup waiting to purchase a ticket. We wait and wait and wait in line and eventually get to the ticket purchasing booth right as a train is showing up to the platform. My wife (who had purchased a ticket right before me) took off at a full run as soon as she got her ticket trying to catch the train before it left the station. I was still trying to purchase my ticket. I got it, and then ran as fast as I could to catch her and the train she was just boarding. I manage to make it onto the train before it's doors close, but as the train starts to move I notice that we are headed AWAY from downtown, not towards it....we were going the wrong direction! I remember being slightly annoyed with my wife as she is very "public transportation savy" (she doesn't drive and takes transit every day) and I am not. The train then seems to be on a different route then the normal train goes, as we don't stop at a station for a very long time, and I am again slightly annoyed as we need to get off soon so that we can get on a train going the other direction. I remember feeling like we were totally going to be late for whatever we were headed downtown for.
Anyways, eventually (I don't remember how) we are on a bus now (no transition between train and bus, we were just all of a sudden on a bus). The bus driver didn't seem to be very adept at driving the bus though, as we weren't driving on any roads. We were basically offroading in the city bus. I remember the driver almost clipping a locomotive pulling a long line of rail cars as he tried to fit beside the train and a large cement column that was holding up an overpass we were driving under (still not on a road though). Eventually we are able to get off the bus and we find ourselves in an outdoor warehouse/storage yard. There were all sorts of companies that were storing merchandise/materials in this yard. I remember seeing a bay that contained several crates of "Element" (a skateboard company/brand) bins which would have contained merchandise. In this part of the dream I was riding on a long box that had wheels under it, and my wife and I were there to deliver the box to someone. After wheeling around this outdoor yard for a long time we eventually found the person we were to deliver this long box to. I wheeled up to him and told him that I had a package for him. He looked at the packing slip on the box and then began speaking to me, yet I couldn't understand a word he was saying....it took me several "dream minutes" to realize he was speaking French to me, and I can't speak anything but English. He realized I wasn't understanding him at all and asked if I only spoke English. I remember being slightly embarrassed and saying, "Yes, I only speak English". We then followed him to an outdoor lunch room where he made began making himself a coffee. Right beside the coffee station was an open bar, with several bottles of different kinds of alcohol and different sizes of shotglasses. I remember being quite shocked that the workers there seemed to be allowed to drink on the job. Then the alarm went off and I got up and did my practices with my wife.

Love.

Edited by - CarsonZi on Jan 20 2010 11:58:24 AM
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2010 :  12:35:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
And the crazy dreams continue.....on and on and on.....(I'm beginning to wonder if this is permanent). After having a "mutual dream" (written about here: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=7119) two nights ago, I had an equally bizarre dream last night.

My wife, my infant daughter, myself and my entire extended family were at my grandparents house to introduce the family to our new addition (the daughter). At a certain point I decided to sneak out (no idea why) grab my skateboard (another common theme in many of my dreams lately although I stopped skateboarding several years ago now {bad knees}), which was shaped like a cricket bat with wheels (like a half skateboard with a long stick at the front) and went for a skateboard into downtown Calgary. As I got into the downtown core I could see that everywhere there were tons and tons of people....there was basically a festival going on that was being partaken of by the whole city and there were attractions in all the downtown buildings. There were no cars, and everyone was walking around on the streets....and there were homeless people everywhere. I went into one of the skyscraper buildings and found that inside there was a building-wide escalator....but not like any escalator anyone has ever seen. It was moving randomly in large waves....basically there were a couple of dozen people trying to surf this escalator. It would move up and down in large random "waves" and people were falling all over the place. When I came inside I was told by one person that someone had just died trying to surf this escalator....this made me want to try it for myself. I got up to the top (in the center of the two escalator waves was a walkway up to the top) and stepped on....it was super fun surfing this escalator....I probably spent a good third of the entire dream (which was another epic night-long dream) surfing this escalator, watching people fall and tumble to the bottom all around me, but never falling once myself.
When I was done surfing I grabbed my "cricket bat" skateboard and continued to ride around the downtown core. At one point I had a conversation with a couple of homeless men, but I don't remember what we spoke about.
Later in the dream I found myself standing near the front of an ampitheatre stage that was inside the lobby of another skyscraper. I wasn't performing I don't think, but from my vantage point I could see an entire crowd of people sitting and watching something that was going on right beside me (no idea what the "show" was though). In the crowd I spotted a guy who had a haircut that looked exactly like a friend I had had in elementary school....his hair was blond as blond can be, and was cut in the classic "bowl" hairstyle....just like this friend had had his haircut the entire 7 or 8 years we were friends when I was a kid. The show then ended and my wife and daughter were now beside me just outside of the front of the building the show had been in. We had our daughter on the "cricket bat" skateboard as a sort of stroller apparatus. Then I saw my friend with the blond hair walking past us and I guess I caught his eye....he said "Carson...Carson Kadatz!?!" and we started having a conversation about how we hadn't seen each other in so long, and catching up on what the other had been doing all these years. Then another friend from the same group of friends we had as kids suddenly showed up, and then his cousin also from the same group of friends showed up...it was a sort of "reunion"....I introduced them all to my wife and new daughter, and then they introduced me to their infant children who I just then realized they were pulling around in carriages.
This is where the dream ended.

I am beginning to wonder if these sorts of dreams are going to be the new "norm" for me....I am still getting used to it I guess. It's almost like I have a whole 'nother life in my dreams now.....just as real and just as bizarre as this dream we call "life".

Love.

Edited by - CarsonZi on Jan 23 2010 12:36:00 PM
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2010 :  11:42:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
.....""(I'm beginning to wonder if this is permanent)""
whats permanent?

Kind of a sideways step to what your discussing....
I have a family member who has had serious drug and alchohol challenges for many years. A few attempts at suicide as well. One night I saw him in my dream and he came to me and said he was tired and just wanted to give up (meaning suicide). All I said wo him was "I understand" Not the kind of "I know what your going through" But more of the compasionate appreciation of his struggles and how he felt.. I never spoke to him about it, but I do sense that this dream helped him in some way. He is stilll alive today and does not struggle as frequently or deeply with these issues as before.
later brother
Neil

Edited by - brother neil on Jan 24 2010 11:48:17 AM
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2010 :  11:55:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Haha...touche Neil

Thanks for putting me in my place...I needed it

Love.

P.S. Basically what I was meaning was whether I would ever go back to my "normal" lucid dreams or if I would continue to have these non-lucid ones forever now....silly I know
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2010 :  1:51:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
well to answer your P.S.
No carson, Dont think you will ever go back to Normal You've gone too far down the rabbit hole
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2010 :  5:54:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Had two interesting dreams last night. One I was at a pro golf tournament and the grass was really high in this place that collected a lot of golf balls, there were so many balls it was hard for the pros to find theres and I was waiting so afterwards I would be able to get some free balls. Another was a bunch of snakes by the water. I was crawling on the ground and actually resting on these snakes, but I did not know it. after I moved and was away from the snakes I saw them There were non poisonous and poisonous ones, some were copperheads. However I did not feel fear until after I realized that there were snakes where I was but by that time I was already safe. Not really any point in feeling fear then.
see ya around
Brother Neil
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2010 :  11:15:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Had a dream last night in which I was part of a group of meditators who went to my old high school to meditate. We were in a room with a couple of couches and a television, and there were probably 30 people there, about 10-15 of which were part of the group I had come with. The rest of the people were students from the high school. It felt like we were there to teach meditation, although we never actually taught a lesson (that I can remember anyways). I remember sitting on a small cushion on the floor with my back resting against a couch with several people on it. I also remember having a difficult time getting comfortable and having to switch legs in siddhasana several times. The tv was also turned on and I remember wishing someone would turn it off. During the meditation I remember one girl making quite a racket....she had obviously had a kundalini awakening sometime recently as she was spinning and rocking pretty violently, having spontaneous kriyas with her hands and arms, her eyes were rolling back into her head and at one point I watched her tongue go up and back in her mouth. She was complaining that "this always happens to me when I meditate!" and I remember wanting to talk to her, but also wanting to continue to meditate so I didn't speak out.

The reason I am writing this, is because I kinda would like to talk about meditating in your dreams. Is it a good idea to pace yourself with dreaming meditations? Should you count time spent meditating in dream-state as meditation time? Is it possible to push oneself into overload by meditating too often (or for too long) in your dreams?

Love.

Edited by - CarsonZi on Feb 08 2010 11:17:57 AM
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2010 :  12:39:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Namaste All

Been a while since I wrote about any of the dreams I have been having (as I've not been allowing any extra emphasis to be placed on these dreams), but last nights dream was so vivid, so intense, and so, well, symbolic, that I wanted to document it.

Last night I had a dream in which there were several people, some were friends, some were strangers, all hanging out in a room together. Along the one wall of the room was a large aquarium-like container filled with water and hundreds of different snakes of all different sizes, colors, and properties. But despite how different all the snakes were, they were all very poisonous and very irrate.

For whatever reason, everyone in this room was to drink a large bucket of water (that was scooped out of the "tank") that would contain an assortment of these poisonous snakes (the snakes were to be drank too). There were some very large snakes, some very very tiny snakes, some thick ones, some thin ones, but they all had the poisonous and irrate quality in common. Many of the snakes in the aquarium were so angry that if you even got close to the walls of the tank, they would coil and strike, venom visibly shooting from their fangs onto the interior walls of the tank.

Anyways, so at one point, it was my turn to drink a bucket of snakes and water. Someone dipped the bucket into the tank, filled it with water and snakes, and then set it on the floor. I got up off the couch I had been sitting on (which was facing the aquarium), and walked over to the bucket (which had been placed on the floor in the middle of the room), everyone standing around the perimeter watching. As I walked over to the bucket, I noticed (a little too late) that there were tiny little snakes on the floor as well....I noticed this right as one bit into my leg. (In reality my wife was awake at this time and sitting up in the bed next to me, feeding our daughter....she said that I literally jumped/bounced in my sleep and I'm quite sure that this was when I was bit). Anyways, I quickly brushed the little snake off of my leg and briskly walked over to the bucket, which now had many snakes trying to escape over the edges. I picked up the bucket, downed all the water filled with snakes and felt them biting me all the way down, and then writhing around in my stomach, biting me on the inside over and over again. This is the last I remember of the dream.

The reason this dream is so symbolic to me, is because I have been having some interesting, and somewhat difficult digestive symptoms lately. I have had to pretty drastically change my eating habits because of this. What has been happening is:
1. I can't eat very much anymore or I get incredibly bloated and uncomfortable in my stomach.
2. Have had to almost completely cut out all meat (if I don't I get very very bad diarrhea).
3. I am having "spontaneous fasting" happen where I couldn't force myself to eat if I wanted to (this is happening about once, sometimes twice a week).
4. Am getting straight up HIGH off of my meals (which consists mostly of vegetables and salads right now). This is the most bizarre symptom of all. I am quite familiar with just about every psychedelic state of mind, having done pretty much every known psychedelic numerous times, as well as every narcotic and recreational substance on the planet. What is happening is that after every meal, I am feeling like I have done a small dose of opiates. My eyes get kinda heavy, my senses are drawn inward and the mind goes very quiet.

I am not sure exactly what is going on here, but I intuitively felt that this dream has some symbolic meaning in regards to these digestive difficulties I am having. Perhaps the snakes being symbolic of kundalini and having them ingested and writhing in my stomach, biting me, symbolic of kundalini working through the third chakra. I'm not sure. May mean absolutely nothing.

Anyways, thought I would share/document what is going on here. Would love any comments on this.

Love!

Go to Top of Page

ik-jivan

Canada
36 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2010 :  11:46:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
How is digestion now? Did the dream arise before the onset of digestive problems or visa versa? Getting sleepy after meals is normal. Like you, I get 'food high' and 'lunch drunk'. It happens because the blood in our bodies is diverted to serve the digestion process. I think the euphoria and uninhibited feeling/thinking relate to the onset of sleep. We’re just happy inside and the ego/id is going under for the count, so we’re unguardedly happy.

Read up on gallbladder disorder symptoms and proteolytic enzymes. Items 1 & 3 look like a tired gallbladder and item 2 looks like intolerance, like lactose intolerance, which would be due to enzyme deficiency.

If it were my body, I would take the dreams to be your helpful subconscious letting you know your ego needs to assist with maintenance.

Relating to the nature of the dream symbols:
Water
To see water in your dream, symbolises your unconscious and your emotional state of mind.

Snake
To see a snake or be bitten by one in your dream, signifies hidden fears and worries that are threatening you. To dream that you are eating a live snake, indicates that you are looking for intimacy or sexual fulfilment.

Look up the other dream elements here: http://www.dreammoods.com/dreamdictionary/

I’ve studied a little Jung, but I’m no psychoanalyst. Neurosis, (actually isn’t a big deal if you deal with the cause), can manifest bodily. If I were Jung, I would likely question if you are having trouble swallowing your current marital relationship, feeling like you are lacking adequate spiritual connection and that your sexual relationship is too carnal for you to stomach. . . or something along that line . . . you get the gist of it . . . relate the bodily sensations to the dream symbols. Also you might want to consider what was present in your past 8-year relationship that isn’t present in your marriage, but that you wish was. I see you have a child now, parenting can be a huge psychic trigger. You might be repressing just because you feel selfish in expressing personal needs . . . think about whether you are feeling neglected or resentful about having to share your wife now.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000