Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 What is the purpose of Khechari Mudra?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gumpi

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2009 :  2:02:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit gumpi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I would like to know what the purpose of Khechari mudra is. The lessons say that it stimulates kundalini but people seemingly have kundalini experiences even before they achieve Khechari mudra. Hence my confusion.

Thanks.

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2009 :  1:47:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Its funny, because it is hard to find a logical or scientific explanation for kechari. I can say this however.
Before learning kechari I really had not been able to meditate with any depth even though I had tried many times over many years. After learning kechari meditation became much easier and felt natural. The other observation was that pranayama practice deepened as did my ability to sense energy currents within my body and internalize awareness. These can subjectively explain the purpose of kechari although I really don't have a logical reason other than the explanation of an energy contact or switch that becomes activated
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2009 :  8:07:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The energy flows more directly and stronger upwards into the brain region and to the third eye. The outcome of this you can find in the main lessons in great detail. Victor has also given some info.

Finding out yourself through practice is the best anyway in the end.

Edited by - Holy on Dec 20 2009 8:11:46 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000