Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 Am i progressing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

raja

India
48 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2009 :  03:58:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit raja's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi,
I have been practicing from past 8 months like asanas,bandhas and chakra meditation, Only thing i have experinced so far is some pains in the chakra locations, and some energy sensations in the chakra location, but i never experinced any extraordinary things even after so much of practicing.what could be the reason. how to identify that the chakra has opened.

Thanks
raja

Edited by - AYPforum on Jun 10 2012 8:28:24 PM

Metta

Sweden
24 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2009 :  10:10:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Metta's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Raja!

Do you notice anything different in your daily life?

Go to Top of Page

Clear White Light

USA
229 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2009 :  12:08:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Have you also been practicing meditation designed to bring about inner silence as well? I see that you mention chakra meditations, but that is more along the lines of energy work.
Go to Top of Page

raja

India
48 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2009 :  02:27:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit raja's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,
I didnt see any major change in my daily life, i dont practice any other meditation bzc of short of time. but clarity in thinking and problem solving is developed. fickelness is reduced by certain degree.

but pain in base of spine,brow,navel region is seen, when ever i am relaxing like watching tv, reading books i see movement of energy here and there in the body.

Thanks
raja
Go to Top of Page

Clear White Light

USA
229 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2009 :  09:30:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It seems that you are doing lots of energy work with no inner silence meditation to stabilize it. This would explain why you have pain in your chakra areas. I would highly recommend taking on some kind of meditation like Yogani's DM to stabilize the energy you have raised with these practices. Pain is a sign hat something is out of balance. As we develop our inner silence through meditation, energy moves on it's own and the chakras open on their own, in their own time. There is no need to push so hard at them..

I hope you will take this into consideration. Energy + Stillness is the winning combination here. Too much stillness and no energy leads to becoming flighty and ungrounded. Too much energy and no stillness can lead to anxiety and other nasty overload symptoms which are best left avoided. It can be a delicate balance at times, depending on how sensitive you are.

Do not worry about your chakras, they are functioning exactly in accord to your own unique matrix of obstructions. If you free up the energy without first dealing with the obstructions (through deep meditation, therapy, etc), this is a recipe for disaster, as that karma is still there to be resolved. Your mind/body wont let you off the hook that easily. ;) I hope you will think about what I have said.

Please take it easy Raja,

CWL

Edited by - Clear White Light on Dec 16 2009 09:52:23 AM
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2009 :  6:40:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi raja,

Some of us don't have a lot of "extraordinary things" happening for a while. (I'm guessing you mean like visions, ecstasy, etc.). But deep cleaning is still happening below the surface. Sometimes it takes a while to notice the positive changes that were happening the whole time.

With yoga, 8 months isn't a very long time. It took me about 1 year of committed, stable practice before I felt like I was making any progress with meditation. And before that, 4 years of unstable practice. If you get stable, it doesn't have to take as long as it took me.

I wrote more about it here:

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....D=6711#59887

Looking back, progress was happening the whole time, but most of it was deep inside. Negative attitudes, emotions, beliefs, thoughts, were being cleared away from the beginning. Those kind of changes can be hard to see in the short term, but they're life changing. When I look at my old self, I see that he's a much different person than I am now.

And like CWL said, inner silence is the key. I highly recommend reading this lesson on Deep Meditation:

http://www.aypsite.org/13.html

I hope this helps

Peace
cosmic
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2009 :  7:04:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with Cosmic. I am often in long periods of "nothing happening", but it really doesn't bother me. Recently I have become more tuned in to what is happening, and realized it is not "nothing". Sometimes I'll be in a bad mood all day. I used to think that was just human, but recently I realized no, that is not normal for me, that something is clearing out. It goes away on it's own if I just remain aware of it.
If I resist it doesn't go away so easily.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000