Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 growing pains..
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mayakara

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2009 :  2:08:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit mayakara's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message

Hello!!

I wonder if anyone can give me some advice: I practice vipassana and kundalini yoga daily. For the past two years or so I've had a lot of 'weird' pains in my body. And I say weird 'cos the pain moves along from one place to another, so I can't pinpoint it exactly. Also a burning sensation at the back of manipura, anahata and vishudda chakras, close to the spine. My navel centre spins so much that if I put a finger on my belly button it kind of grasps it strongly. I do feel as if my body can't hold the energy as if, out of the blue, is going to explode. Sometimes when I close my eyes in the dark I can see other 'realities' or whatever is there.
I'm not sure how I'll be able to handle this if things get tougher..Well, I can't imagine how this energy movement can get any more painful without me freaking out completely.
I feel isolated with no one to talk about this, as people wouldn't understand and even when under a lot of pain I have to pretend I'm okay. I must confess that I'm as screwed up as anyone else, so any connection to kundalini awakening is not related to my being a very advanced yogini!
Any advice very welcome. Thank you!

Edited by - AYPforum on Jun 10 2012 8:34:18 PM

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2009 :  11:52:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi mayakara :)
Welcome to the forum! Have you read any of the AYP lessons yet? You probably should because it sounds to me like you need to be self-pacing... That said, I am a free agent, I do not represent any point of view or specific agenda.

quote:
Originally posted by mayakara

Also a burning sensation at the back of manipura, anahata and vishudda chakras, close to the spine.

Burning at the back of the chakras indicates that you've been using alot of will power, perhaps too much...

quote:

My navel centre spins so much that if I put a finger on my belly button it kind of grasps it strongly.

You've succeeded in activating your lower tan tien, which is one of the main sources of chi or prana in the body. Actually, it sounds to me like you've really opened it up and it is flowing freely. I wonder where all that energy is going?

quote:

I do feel as if my body can't hold the energy as if, out of the blue, is going to explode.

No wonder. You're grossly overdoing things. I'd be afraid that I'd self-ignite and become one of those self-combustion cases you see on the National Examiner.. You have to self-pace and ground yourself. Further, I would start to gradually reduce your practices. I once did Gurmuhk's Kundalini Yoga CD for 2 months. I was constantly in so much pain that eventually I just dropped it. I dropped weight lifting for the same reason. I hate pain. The only exercises that I found that didn't cause pain are the Self Realization Fellowsihp's Energization Excercises from Yogananda Paramhansa Yogi..

quote:

Sometimes when I close my eyes in the dark I can see other 'realities' or whatever is there.

You don't need much energy to see the other realities, you just have to know where to look (ajna) and have good concentration.. It's more of a technique or shift of perception than applying 220 volts to it. Here at AYP, they call that scenery and ignore it during practices.

quote:

I'm not sure how I'll be able to handle this if things get tougher..Well, I can't imagine how this energy movement can get any more painful without me freaking out completely.

Please listen to yourself. Listen to what you are saying. What I hear is "I'm an experienced yogini but I don't know how to self pace and I'm going to burn myself up and explode.." The pain may be coming from a number of things.. too much voltage in your system, too much buildup of lactic acid from using your muscles, too much chi/prana in your system and you're not grounding it properly, perhaps poor pranayama practices and you have pockets of CO2 coursing through your circulatory system, perhaps you have a virus that is trucking around your body... it is difficult to know even with knowing the exact details of your practice and whether or not your practices are correct and to the book. However, if you stop doing something and the pain goes away, that in itself is an indication of a possible cause.

quote:

I feel isolated with no one to talk about this, as people wouldn't understand and even when under a lot of pain I have to pretend I'm okay.

Pain is sometimes a message from your body that you must stop what you are doing, assess your situation and be kinder to your body. If you don't listen to your body, it could make you very ill or worse..

You are not isolated as you have internet access and have found this forum. There are many forums out there so it is easy to find same-minded people. However, this forum has many great experienced people and I have a lot of respect for them. :)

quote:

I must confess that I'm as screwed up as anyone else, so any connection to kundalini awakening is not related to my being a very advanced yogini!
Any advice very welcome. Thank you!

It's like Echkart Tolle says... the human mind is insane! (and we all have one of those.. :)

My advice to you is this:
Gradually start cutting out practices. Take lots of warm baths with sea salt. Take off your shoes and socks and go walking on the ground/grass (if your climate is warm). Put your tongue on the roof of your mouth to help circulate your prana out of your head if you get too much pressure there. Eat heavier foods to slow down kundalini. Go for long walks. Have lots of sex to drain some of that prana. Learn about the "hollow body" buddhist meditation, where you imagine your body is hollow and your skin becomes transparent. It is a great meditation for balancing energy and healing..

Read the AYP lessons on self-pacing. Try these links:
http://www.aypsite.org/107.html

pain and self-pacing:
http://www.aypsite.org/216.html

I don't know what else I can say, other than good luck and perhaps others here will have good advice.

:)
TI
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2009 :  06:11:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Mayakara,

I would agree with Tibetan Ice. You have got ahead of yourself in terms of energy practices. Are you practicing Burmese style Vipassana (as taught by Goenka) or Thai Vipassana? What style of Kundalini Yoga are you practicing?

Christi
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000