Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 thanks
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2009 :  3:10:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I would likke to say thanks to pastor Sanders. He is the pastor of a christiam church that I attend with my mom. It had bothered me to go there knowing that I cannot say "christ died for MY sins and is the ONLY son of God". Christ is what Christ is and maybe what he is is beyond my current level of understanding. I told him my belief is simple, that God is everything. I also know from experience that "God" has done things for me when I could not. He said that he was glad that I shared and that his purpose is all about love and that each man has his own walk with God. It feels better that I dont have to feel like I am living a lie and can attend with my mom. She really likes the church and if she likes it then I like it for her
thanks
Brother Neil

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2009 :  3:44:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That is beautiful my Brother.

Thank you for sharing.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2009 :  7:11:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
your welcome
thanks for listening
Go to Top of Page

ImseVimse

USA
13 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2009 :  3:18:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit ImseVimse's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That's wonderful. :)

I have been trying to make my peace with Christianity. I was raised in the Catholic church, which in my opinion embodies all the worst aspects of organized religion--loooong history of scandal, dogma that is too far removed from Jesus' teachings, etc. It always seemed lacking to me, partly because the idea of Jesus as a "sacrificial lamb" is so far removed from most of the Western cultural memory that it seemed to me senseless and irrelevant, whether taken as reality or metaphor. My ancestors didn't sacrifice animals--that was something ancient Greeks, Romans, and Hebrews did--so the very idea of it is foreign. Then the idea is taken a macabre step further by making Jesus into a human sacrifice--something we're supposed to view in any other context as heathen and evil. And to top it all off, I'm supposed to believe that we're still all stained with original sin even though Jesus's death supposedly wiped the slate clean? I mean, WTF?

Oddly, it was Eastern philosophy that taught me to see some value in it all, even if I don't agree with it. The "Jesus as sacrifice" idea begins to make sense when viewed through the lens of karma. In that light, maybe he did die for you. Maybe he swept away some cosmic funk and we're all better off for it regardless of faith? Who are we to say?

I've also seen an interesting theory that the Book of Revelation is not really about the end of the world; rather, it's about self cultivation. I don't know much about that, but the gist of it is that the seven seals actually represent the main chakras, which must be broken in order for mystics to end (their experience of) the (material) world.

Peace Brother
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000