Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Weird experience last night
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ImseVimse

USA
13 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2009 :  11:59:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit ImseVimse's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Can anyone shed some light on this? (sorry this post is so long)

I have been practicing yoga for several years, and I've trained in ashtanga, but I'm not particularly "advanced." I don't have time to practice asanas or pranayama regularly, and meditation is nearly impossible because I never have quiet time to myself. I do try to be mindful though.

My higher chakras have always been more active than the lower ones. I have some issues like fatigue, food allergies and low sex drive, so I've been trying to focus on the mooladhara and svadhistana, just to see if it'd help. Usually I just try to visualize them while I'm lying in bed at night. I used to feel them spinning frequently, but lately they have been hard to focus on. When I can focus on them, there is no spinning--just a warm glowing sensation.

Anyway, last night when I was working on that, my mind kept wandering. I was thinking of a recent falling out with a friend and feeling sad that my friend lacks self-awareness; I was also thinking of a neighbor who died very young (though he had a very full life) and feeling sad for his siblings who have to grow old without him. I thought of something nice to write to his parents.

Very suddenly, all the sad feelings resolved into a heavy feeling in my chest. And I'm not speaking figuratively. It was a physical sensation, like a black fog inside me pushing me down in to the mattress. The fog condensed into a black ball and started to move up my body. It felt so weird. I was pinned to the mattress and my head was throbbing, but I knew it wasn't caused by my physical body. It was some force was trying to leave my body through the top of my head!

As the ball moved up into my throat I had a vision of the top of my head stretching up like those Conehead aliens from SNL. The ball kept moving upward. My chest felt light and open now, but my head was throbbing more. It was sort of a psychic pressure in my head. Then the pressure gradually worked its way out through the top of my head. It was a tingling and vibrating in the shape of a huge flame that kept opening outwards until it felt like a broad cone of energy.

When it was over I felt relaxed and light and peaceful. Today I still feel peaceful, with cool tingling sensations in my chest, neck and head. I cannot tell if there is any change in my lower chakras, which I was initially trying to unblock...could this experience have affected them? What does it all mean?

Clear White Light

USA
229 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2009 :  12:11:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It sounds like a heart chakra opening to me, combined with some strobbing of the crown. It's just the movement of subtle life-force energy through out your body as the result of purification, and certainly nothing to worry about. It is a good thing! In my experience the chakras have a sort of sympathetic response to one another when it comes to purification, so opening of the heart could very well lead to purification of the other energy centers as well.
Go to Top of Page

ImseVimse

USA
13 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2009 :  12:17:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit ImseVimse's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I definitely feel purified now.

I have had visions and energy sensations before, but nothing this visceral.
While it was happening, for a moment I was afraid my spirit would fly right out of my body, or I'd go crazy from having my upper chakras too open while the lower ones are blocked. Isn't that supposed to be risky?
Go to Top of Page

Clear White Light

USA
229 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2009 :  12:54:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes I suppose it could be risky if you were for example doing intense kundalini yoga without first unobstructing your nervous system from energetic blockages, but as you say you are not exactly participating in intense spiritual exercise like that, so I think there is nothing to worry about. Maybe you need your heart's help, to unobstruct those lower centers. Who knows..it can be difficult to say. You certainly wont go crazy though. :)
Go to Top of Page

ImseVimse

USA
13 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2009 :  10:58:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit ImseVimse's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the replies. I still feel peaceful and purified.

I forgot to ask yesterday--you mentioned strobbing of the crown. What is strobbing? I don't think I've heard that term before.
Go to Top of Page

Clear White Light

USA
229 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2009 :  1:50:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sometimes when you have energy moving through particular centers, it can feel like a distinct pulsation or strobe..like a strobe light, you know? Sort of like how your pulse feels. It feels like a localized throbbing sensation.
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2009 :  04:35:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi, ImseVimse, being Swedish, I like your name! Welcome to the forum!
Go to Top of Page

ImseVimse

USA
13 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2009 :  11:55:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit ImseVimse's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks. I only know a few phrases in Swedish, but I'd like to learn more some day. It's a neat language. :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000