Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 observing thoughts befor the mantra ?!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

zinon

Morocco
17 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2009 :  6:02:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit zinon's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi ,

I started practicing dm and prana yama for a bit , but I didn't get one thing :it's observing thoughts before begining the mantra ?
" You will notice thoughts, streams of thoughts. That is fine. Just observe them without minding them. " ? how can i do that ?

peace and love :)

Clear White Light

USA
229 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2009 :  11:51:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The idea is to just be aware of the thoughts as they come, but not to get too lost in them or to indulge them. You just let them come and go, observing them as objectively as possible.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2009 :  03:27:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi Zinon and Clear White Light, honestly put it's very simple we just introduce the mantra as a thought among other thoughts and we just put our attention on it and we repeat it until we lose it or come out of it.

and then in case we are into some random stream of thoughts or into pure bliss consciousness or any other mystic state; when we are aware of where we are we just simply introduce the mantra again and so on it goes... it's like a game really.

just repeat the mantra and let go of the process of thoughts don't interfere just repeat the mantra...

hope this helps..

namaste
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2009 :  2:56:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think he asks because of this:

quote:
Once you have gotten comfortable, slowly close your eyes. You will notice thoughts, streams of thoughts. That is fine. Just observe them without minding them. After about a minute, gently introduce the thought …I AM… and begin to repeat it easily and effortlessly in your mind.

Just sit and relax, thoughts come and go whether you do something or not. Just observe this. If you are lost into them instantly when you sit, wait until you are clear for at least a moment and then gently introduce the mantra.

In the end I don't know if this will make any significant difference =P As I always do it like that, can't say what happens if you directly jumpstart into the mantra. Most probably it will be a little more chaotic =P
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000