Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 The Witness
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Searchtruth

Argentina
16 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2009 :  10:09:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Searchtruth's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have been meditating seriously for about a month now, wtih a routine of 10 minutes of Spinal Breathing and 20 minutes of DM per session.

I have noted a small change in myself, I am more relaxed during the day, not so stressed as before, but nothing out of the ordinary, like the experiences that i have been reading here in this forum, so i was wondering, how much time does it take for the witness to arise, 3 months, 6 months, a year?

Would my progress accelerate itself if i were to increase my meditation time for 40 minutes?

Thanks.

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2009 :  11:22:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi search,

Every person is different,but it happens slowly with months of practice.Daily practice.Very important for sustaining that witness state.

Please,take it easy,20 mtes twice of meditation a day is a good practice.Enough,specially if you use ayp mantras.
If you want to acelerate tha process and your nervous system can tolerate it you should add other tools like pranayamas or samyama.But be careful,step by step.Slowly. Overloads are there.

If you develop a daily practice witness state will begin to appear in all aspects of your life.

Have you tried a daily practice of "the work" by byron katie? This inquiry system accelerates the process very much,specially if you do daily meditation over the long term and are begining with spiritual path.Atleast,it works like a miracle here.

suerte.

Edited by - miguel on Dec 05 2009 11:52:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2009 :  3:18:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hey S4T
well if you were more stressed out before, and less stressed now,then that would be out of the ordianrry for you, yes? As far as scenery of flying around on spaceships and dragons wings, overrated in my opinion For ME I prefer less of the scenery. I also have a friend who does not see much scenery, yet his life has been transformed to more peace and happiness.
peace be with you my friend
Brother Neil
Go to Top of Page

Searchtruth

Argentina
16 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2009 :  06:00:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Searchtruth's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks all you guys.

I was wondering if it would be a bad idea to jump head to the first mantra enhancement (SHREE SHREE I AM IAM).

A few days ago i tried with that enhancement and the meditation was diferent, i could fell myself more focus on the mantra and being able to favoring the mantra easier when thoughts arose than with just I AM. So do you think that is a good idea or what kind of consecuenses do you think that leap frog could bring.

Thanks.

Edited by - Searchtruth on Dec 09 2009 06:10:52 AM
Go to Top of Page

Clear White Light

USA
229 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2009 :  09:10:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi searchtruth. If you have only been meditating daily for a month now, I would recommend holding off on the mantra enhancement for some time yet. I know that the lure of progress must be strong, but you need to take it easy. As for the presence of the witness, it is difficult, if not impossible to give an estimate of how long it takes for it's presence to be known. It could be that your witness is already slightly developed, you just don't know it yet. As time goes on you will become more comfortable and familiar with the presence of the witness in your life. One of the first ways I noticed my witness developing, was that events (particularly embarrassing or hurtful ones) no longer made such a deep and lasting impression on my mind. I was suddenly able to view the harmful actions of other people towards me as being a result of their own ego-games, rather some flaw within myself.

It sounds to me like you are doing just fine. I can sense your anxiousness to progress along this path, but it is important to allow your practices time to bake in before trying to take on more.
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2009 :  11:57:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Searchtruth,

Personally, I'd at least make sure the I AM mantra has gotten to a refined level before considering an enhancement. I added the first enhancement too soon, and it took me a long time to realize I wasn't ready for it. Mainly because there were no overload symptoms, and quite frankly, I felt great. My practice went on for months like this, but it wasn't efficient.

Something inside told me to revert to I AM, even though everything was fine. I reverted to I AM and cut back to a basic routine, and my practice completely shifted (in a good way) as a result.

Of course everyone is different, so go with your inner guidance. When in doubt, it doesn't hurt to stay where you are for a while.

Hope this helps

Love
cosmic
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000