Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Open Mouth Anyone?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jivaakabhasana_Yogi

USA
49 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2009 :  6:34:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jivaakabhasana_Yogi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Ok, so its an odd subject title, but here it is:

While this is neither a "problem" nor is it an "issue" for me, it is a bit more of a comical nuisance, than anything, and just curious if others experience this...

While in DM, and sometimes SB, I find my mouth dropping open...not necessarily the jaw dropping wide open spittle dripping (eww sorry...) but my lips will remain parted from 2-5mm's (1/16-1/4")...It is often when "I am" absorbed in the mantra ("it" is going and "I" am not [going.])

Roughly 2 months ago, I started experiencing spontaneou KM stage two, and this often occurs during that time.

I basically just ignore it (the mouth dropping) and go back to either DM or SB,,,it is just a quirky little thing I wonder if anyone notices themselves?

On a side note:

I must say that AYP is the "best thing that ever happened to me." As mentioned earlier in my intro post, I'd always had a "bent" for yogic experiences (they come easily) but I lacked the structure and the idea of self pacing, amongst other things...

Turns out the "toning down" of my practice as AYP suggests has been so powerful as to blow me out of the water...I mean that the impact on my progress and stability has been monumental as I have "eeked" my practice down...

As I sat to do morning practice today, I was fussing with things, with my meditation shawl, the cushion, etc...and was watching this mind become all frustigated over it...and I just started laughing, from the inside out, if you know what I mean! ROFLMBO...the frustigated one wasn't "me", "I'd" never "gone" anywhere or needed to "do" anything at all. At which point I began my practice with a HUGE "inner smile" and comfort.

If I were to *never* have another yogic "experience" I would still be thrilled to spend the rest of my breathing days on this planet practicing twice daily SB, DM, and the other AYP integrations of the Path. The peace I am beginning to see steadily throughout my daily life beats any "internal" experience hands down.

I aughtn't (is that a word? LOL) be posting much till after the new year, so I'll take this moment to wish each and every One of you a happy Solstice and turn of the wheel...the old drops away and the new is reborn, and we progress towards wholeness.

Ang Sang Vaheguru,
Jivaakabhasana_Yogi
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000