Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 SBP Ascending Descending Currents Question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Arjuna

USA
69 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2009 :  6:59:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have a question for those of you that can feel energy currents ascending/descending the sushumna nadi during the practice of SBP.
Does or is the ascending energy perceived as mercury rising in thermometer, or is it more like a tiny ball of localized energy rising inside of a hollow tube?
I have only been practicing SBP for 4 months (twice per day), and have yet to purify my nervous system to be able to feel anything traverse the entire spinal column. I get localized energy behind the heart, and at the crown.Things are slowly awakening within me.

Clear White Light

USA
229 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2009 :  09:05:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
To me it just feels like warm or cool currents of air moving through out my body. Usually I don't get these sensations at the chakra areas. I do get sensations in the chakras, but they feel different than the ascending/descending currents.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2009 :  12:09:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi Arjuna and Clear white light:

it is advised to keep the practice simple as can without getting the mind too involved. so just move your concentration on the passage between root and brow and things will work well by themselves and in time you will feel all the sensations which are mentioned about the practice.

just practice and don't give it too much thought, things will work out well by themselves they just need sometime.

we are purifying lifetimes of karma by the way, but no worries we have some of the most effective tools on earth between our hands

namaste
Go to Top of Page

Arjuna

USA
69 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2009 :  3:35:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for responding to my SBP enquiry. For me, 4 months of dedicated twice daily practice has allowed me to develop meditation as a solid habit. So, I just continue to meditate day by day until the day I drop dead.
Perhaps it's the effect of Deep Meditation, but I am totally satisfied with whatever happens or does not happen from this meditation practice.
I am no longer even certain why I continue to practice daily...but I know it is something that I will do for the remainder of my phyical life. It's very paradoxical...my practice is simultaneously magical and yet very ordinary.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2009 :  05:23:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
it's always inspiring to hear that the practices are doing good to other people, thx for sharing.

Best wishes,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000