Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Way out of undesirable side effects of Tantra
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

vd007

USA
38 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2009 :  4:51:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
The Holdback method leaves me with lacking energy. There is an increase in energy just afterwards lasting 1 to 2 hour and then I start feeling tired and it continues the next day. I am told by some authors of tantra that the energy should be taken to the head and brought down using either Microcosmic orbit or spinal breathing pranayama. I try to do either intermittent Microcosmic orbit or spinal breathing pranayama (and never both) like 2-3 times during pauses and not totaling more than 15-20 in a session. When I do that I can take energy up to head (or the 3rd eye as in spinal breathing pranamyama) but its difficult to bring the energy down. Most of the times I don’t feel there is any energy in the head area which can be brought down. The problem here is that I feel weird and heavy in my head and fell spaced out after an hour or 2 and the next day.It kinda sucks the joy out of the life.

Another issue is when I do tantra session for 0.5 hours, it feels so good I just do know when to stop and don’t want to stop. I want to do more sessions with my partner. That’s all I want to do. The testosterone flow feels so good, I just want to keep going and when I do that I end up being spaced and with heavy head and feeling weird. Even when doing 0.5 hours sessions every day I feel spaced out. Is Half an hour a day too much ?

So my questions are

1. I guess everyone must have a frequency and duration of tantric sex sessions that doesn’t make them loose energy and feel weird. Can that be shared? How much is too much.

2. Would intermittent Microcosmic orbit or spinal breathing pranayama like 2-3 times during pauses and not totaling more than 15-20 during a session avoid the energy loss the next day, heavy head and spaced out feelings.

3. If so how to bring energy down and also how to store the energy in the navel (per Taoism recommendations) after a session? .

4. Tantric books state you can have sex for hours and for as long as you want. I know this is possible but I believe they fail to state the overload symptoms that follow. So the question is
is it possible to have sex for hours and for as long as you want without any negative side effects?

Other information about me as submitted in other post is as below.

I am a 35 year old south asian male. I weigh 130 pounds. I started tantra 3 years back. I must have read all books on tantra in the market. In addition I must have done 2000 – 3000 hours of vipassana meditation practice, which consist of watching breath and body sensations (S N Goenka tradition) in the past ten years. I meditate daily for 2 hours. I do not do AYP I AM or the spinal breathing as I had some adverse reaction when I undertook them. I had stomach pain and headaches when I did them.

My question is after 10 min foreplay and half an hour of tantric sex I feel very tired during the next day. If I start my day with tantric sex I feel tired and don’t feel like doing anything. I just relax during sex and use the stop and start or the holdback technique. When close to orgasm, I just relax. I just ejaculate like once a month. I do not use voice, breathing or microcosmic or cobra breath or any other technique. I had practiced celibacy for an year earlier and my energy levels after having pre orgasmic sex are no where near to that. In addition I also feel fearful.

I know with these practices (vipassana and tantric sex) lot of stored karma or blockages come up. I just can’t figure out that this tiredness and loss of interest, is it my karma or does this happen to everyone who is doing tantric sex.

Edited by - vd007 on Nov 19 2009 4:54:08 PM

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2009 :  9:05:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by vd007

When I do that I can take energy up to head (or the 3rd eye as in spinal breathing pranamyama) but its difficult to bring the energy down. Most of the times I don’t feel there is any energy in the head area which can be brought down. The problem here is that I feel weird and heavy in my head and fell spaced out after an hour or 2 and the next day.It kinda sucks the joy out of the life.

Another issue is when I do tantra session for 0.5 hours, it feels so good I just do know when to stop and don’t want to stop. I want to do more sessions with my partner. That’s all I want to do. The testosterone flow feels so good, I just want to keep going and when I do that I end up being spaced and with heavy head and feeling weird. Even when doing 0.5 hours sessions every day I feel spaced out. Is Half an hour a day too much ?

Hi vd007,

You are likely doing too much, reduce your tantra times down to 15-20 minutes and see if you feel crappy the next day. Highs of ecstasy can lead to a variety of lows afterwards like you describe if you are doing too much. Eventually after many months or years of practice, your system will adapt and you will be able to go longer without the over-doing symptoms but try reducing time as suggested and see what happens.

The added spinal breathing is likely adding to the amount you are releasing and contributing to your symptoms. There are many ways to get the ecstasy ball rolling that don't involve constant spinal breathing that are far more powerful, see here for suggestions:

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....ID=4028#4028

quote:
So my questions are

1. I guess everyone must have a frequency and duration of tantric sex sessions that doesn’t make them loose energy and feel weird. Can that be shared? How much is too much.

Yes see above
quote:

2. Would intermittent Microcosmic orbit or spinal breathing pranayama like 2-3 times during pauses and not totaling more than 15-20 during a session avoid the energy loss the next day, heavy head and spaced out feelings.

Yes reducing this would likely help.

quote:
3. If so how to bring energy down and also how to store the energy in the navel (per Taoism recommendations) after a session? .

Energy can be stored in the navel or grounded down through the feet into the earth, the latter I find very effective.

Bringing the energy up only during tantra will condition that direction and make bringing it back down slightly resistant feeling. If you circulate the energy up the spine and then back down the front, this can create a perpetuating cycle of ecstasy and avoid getting things stuck in the head.

quote:
4. Tantric books state you can have sex for hours and for as long as you want. I know this is possible but I believe they fail to state the overload symptoms that follow. So the question is
is it possible to have sex for hours and for as long as you want without any negative side effects?

As time goes on over months and years you might find yourself in a position where you can increase time without too much negative impact, but the first step is to cut back so you can feel good first before adding time.

quote:
I am a 35 year old south asian male. I weigh 130 pounds. I started tantra 3 years back. I must have read all books on tantra in the market. In addition I must have done 2000 – 3000 hours of vipassana meditation practice, which consist of watching breath and body sensations (S N Goenka tradition) in the past ten years. I meditate daily for 2 hours. I do not do AYP I AM or the spinal breathing as I had some adverse reaction when I undertook them. I had stomach pain and headaches when I did them.

My question is after 10 min foreplay and half an hour of tantric sex I feel very tired during the next day. If I start my day with tantric sex I feel tired and don’t feel like doing anything. I just relax during sex and use the stop and start or the holdback technique. When close to orgasm, I just relax. I just ejaculate like once a month. I do not use voice, breathing or microcosmic or cobra breath or any other technique. I had practiced celibacy for an year earlier and my energy levels after having pre orgasmic sex are no where near to that. In addition I also feel fearful.

Sounds like too much meditation time too especially if you are experiencing emotions like fear. Cutting that back substantially to the 20 minute range might increase the time you can spend in tantra. It might be worth experimenting with those suggestions.

Good luck!
Go to Top of Page

vd007

USA
38 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2009 :  3:00:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Anthem11 for your help and guidance.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000